Your loot of the day

DACH

Bingo! It's a set of tweeters for the wing mirror position. Has led light that ties with the original car ambience lighting and has some fancy rotating extension and retracting movements. Plug and play. 

Should improve my stock audio which currently only  has mid range speakers. 

Car speakers mounted on the side mirrors?

Bingo! It's a set of tweeters for the wing mirror position. Has led light that ties with the original car ambience lighting and has some fancy rotating extension and retracting movements. Plug and play.

Should improve my stock audio which currently only has mid range speakers.

It's a replacement or add on?

DIY?

Both LOL. Base sound system is without the tweeters. Burmester sound system equipped cars have the tweeters in the same location although the design is different. 

It's a replacement or add on?

DIY?

Just DIYed.....  :D

First time removing my door panels. Deceptively simple but to do it properly have to be patient and not to break any clips. Wiring is simple enough since plug and play. Reinstalling the door panels a little tricky for the uninformed. 

Before:

post-24957-0-06845800-1511713423_thumb.jpg

After:

post-24957-0-46526200-1511713434_thumb.jpg

Should I post a DIY walkthrough?  [:p]

Guess what are these... Delivered just yesterday night.  [sly]

*hint, car related, for DIY project.... 

attachicon.gif20171125_065923-picsay.jpg

• Praise 7

Just DIYed..... :D

First time removing my door panels. Deceptively simple but to do it properly have to be patient and not to break any clips. Wiring is simple enough since plug and play. Reinstalling the door panels a little tricky for the uninformed.

Before:

20171125_094417-picsay.jpg

After:

20171126_183702-picsay.jpg

Should I post a DIY walkthrough? [:p]

Maybe you should.

Good job.

The C class stock speakers not good enough?

Lol, the stock GLC (same as C) Audio 20 speakers are decent enough as factory standard.

Lacking in the tweeters (non existent behind those triangular black covers)  that helps with the clarity and staging. The crossover helps with splitting the load of the higher frequencies to the tweeters while sending the mid frequencies to the mid range stock speakers. That way the mid range speakers are not overloaded trying to handle such a wide range of frequencies. 

Definite sound quality improvement overstock.

The led ring light matches the 3 different factory ambience light choices.  And the round centre piece will extend and retract on powering on and off. 

Maybe you should.
Good job.
The C class stock speakers not good enough?

Yeah probably, but I guess it will only be for the sound system portion.

This is plug and play, no wires are cut. I can easily unplug and reconnect everything back myself to revert to stock if I need to claim warranty for electrical related system.  :D

Errmm...  wouldnt that DIY void the warranty?? [confused]

This is plug and play, no wires are cut. I can easily unplug and reconnect everything back myself to revert to stock if I need to claim warranty for electrical related system.  :D

lol ... guess i have a paranoid fear of opening any panel... 

I realized that the DIY walkthrough is too specific to GLC/c-class car models, don't think it will be useful in a general forum like MCF. 

Anyone interested in the DIY can head over to sgmerc where I posted the DIY. 

Maybe you should.

This 2 months total bought 5 Rolexes and 1 Tudor.

Spend less than $60k total

Quite satisfied.

Those jealous lame asses who want to give my anonymous dislikes

Lai lai lai ð

Muayhahahahahahahsh

You into Lolex boy-brand also meh?

The car system / Can Bus is now pretty advance and complication do arise. 

Unless there are people who have already tested and reported without issue. I would imagine this is the case. I would not dare to touch it even if there are plugs already in the loom that are not plug in to catered for this DIY.

But I am a bit on the overly cautious side.

Either way, I do like the fact of DIY as the car move from one year to the next, I also tend to add stuff to either tweak this or that. But in general, I let the first mover test it for six months before I proceed to scratch that itch.

Kudos on your adventures and your hands on ...

Yeah, agree.... Took a calculated risk.. But so far so good since installation.  :D

The car system / Can Bus is now pretty advance and complication do arise. 

Unless t

here are people who have already tested and reported without issue. I would imagine this is the case. I would not dare to touch it even if there are plugs already in the loom that are not plug in to catered for this DIY.

But I am a bit on the overly cautious side.

Either way, I do like the fact of DIY as the car move from one year to the next, I also tend to add stuff to either tweak this or that. But in general, I let the first mover test it for six months before I proceed to scratch that itch.

Kudos on your adventures and your hands on ...

↡ Advertisement