• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 180 praises

Poll: Bowel Movements: What’s Considered Normal? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

How frequent do is your normal bowel movements? (Not diarrhea)

1. Once a day (16 votes [55.17%])

Percentage of vote: 55.17%

2. Twice a day (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

3. Three times or more a day (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. Once every few days (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

5. I have constipation (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

https://www.everyday...s-whats-normal/

Not everyone has a bowel movement every day, and it doesn't mean something's wrong if you don't. Discover what being regular really means, and what to do when constipation symptoms strike.

Bowel health is an important topic, as changes in bowel movements can be a sign of a health problem. But before you begin to worry about how “normal” you are, you have to know what a regular bowel movement is for you.

Many people wrongly believe that having regular bowel movements means you move your bowels every day. However, everyone’s bowels are unique to them, and what’s normal for one person may not be normal for another.

You can have a bowel movement anywhere from one to three times a day at the most, or three times a week at the least, and still be considered regular, as long as that’s your usual pattern. More or less frequent would be considered abnormal, but not necessarily cause for alarm, says gastroenterologist Arthur Magun, MD, clinical professor of medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University in New York City.

What Happens With a Bowel Movement

Digestion begins in your mouth and stomach and ends in your bowels — the lower parts of your digestive tract. When the food you eat reaches your bowels, the water and salts that remain are absorbed. The digested food that is left becomes more solid and exits as bowel movements.

Dr. Magun explains that normal bowel movements “consist of formed, brown stools, not too hard, not too loose.”

When stools are too loose, you can have diarrhea. When they are too hard and dry, you can be constipated. Symptoms of constipation include not having a bowel movement for more than three days and having hard, dry stools that are painful or difficult to pass.

What Causes Constipation

A variety of circumstances can cause constipation, including a change in routine such as when travelling, becoming pregnant, dieting, taking certain medications, and lacking physical exercise, particularly in older people. Certain health conditions, from a bowel disease to stroke, can also be a factor.

Everyone has their own normal pattern of bowel movements, but if you find that you frequently experience symptoms of constipation, and if eating more fiber and drinking more water doesn’t help, see a doctor. He can determine whether a health check is necessary.

Here’s what you can do to promote regular bowel movements:

• Eat more fiber. “Constipation is almost always due to inadequate fiber and liquid,” Magun says. Fiber can be found in beans, fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Strive for 20 to 35 grams of fiber a day. “Unprocessed bran is the best type of fiber,” he adds.
  • Eat fewer low-fiber foods. These include ice cream, cheese, meat, processed food, and sugary foods such as soda and candy — which can all cause constipation.
  • Drink more. “Eating enough bran and drinking the right amounts of water will lead to increased bulk within the intestine,” Magun says. Having the right amount of bulk stretches the intestine (a muscle) and causes it to contract and propel food along properly. “This is what leads to regular bowel movements,” he adds. Besides water, good choices are 100-percent fruit juices (juice with pulp has some fiber), soup, and tea.
  • Don’t rely on laxatives. Improper use of laxatives can actually make symptoms of constipation worse, so take them only as directed.
  • Reduce stress. “Stress can sometimes cause the large intestine to spasm, leading to pain and hard stools,” Magun says. Stress-reducing techniques that can improve constipation symptoms include yoga, meditation, and exercise.
  • Don’t ignore the urge to go. Resisting the urge to go or waiting to go to the bathroom also can cause constipation — or make existing symptoms worse.

Edited by DACH, 27 August 2017 - 08:07 PM.

Jamesc, TameDriver and Ender praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

wow i jus realised im 1st to vote

Jamesc, Mercury1 and Atonchia praised this

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wow i jus realised im 1st to vote

No sh1t?

:D

Pocy, Lala81, Blueray, Carbon82, Doppel, Still2016, Mason016 and 1 other member praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Smart of TS to start a very relevant thread on a Shitty topic. :()
Fading

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Twice a day. Sometimes more.

Mercury1 and Jamesc praised this
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This forum is getting shittier by the day. :D

Rustyz and Still2016 praised this
This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

So a lot of bull shit.

==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My goodness, I'm full of S**T!! 3 times. Once in the morning when I wake up. Once halfway thru work and last at night after dinner.. Thats why reservist sibeh jialat. Need to dig my own shit hole... Haiz....

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:49 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My goodness, I'm full of S**T!! 3 times. Once in the morning when I wake up. Once halfway thru work and last at night after dinner.. Thats why reservist sibeh jialat. Need to dig my own shit hole... Haiz....

Pardon me for asking.
Are you taking baby food or liquid diet?

That's very regular bowel movement.
Still2016 and Jamesc praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ok here comes my question.
What is considered the average time?

Sometimes at my office toilet.
Some guy/s went in the cubicle, farted then came the rapid "tom, tom, tom...." wipe & flush. All done within 5 mins.

Usually I stay a bit longer wait till no one then exit.
Hahahaha
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some guy/s went in the cubicle, farted then came the rapid "tom, tom, tom...." wipe & flush. All done within 5 mins.

Hahahaha

10 - 20 mins.

Depends how much time to wipe "it" clean.  [laugh]

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Pardon me for asking.
Are you taking baby food or liquid diet?

That's very regular bowel movement.

I also don't know leh.. Maybe my parents toilet trained me too well when I'm young.. Eating normal food leh. Nothing special. day to day peasant food..

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hahahah

1 - Depends on the cleanliness of the toilet. 

2 - last time no smartphone, 5 to 10min. now with smart phone, 15-20min. :XD:

Atonchia praised this

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This forum is getting shittier by the day. :D

no comments haaaaaaaaaaa

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Recently, every morning have to clear bowels in office at about 9 am to 10 am time window, without fail. Not diarrhea.

Does anyone experience the same problem? Anyone got pay docked because going to shit in office toilet every morning? 

Is there a biology clock for shitting as well?  [dead]

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Recently, every morning have to clear bowels in office at about 9 am to 10 am time window, without fail. Not diarrhea.

Does anyone experience the same problem? Anyone got pay docked because going to shit in office toilet every morning?
Is there a biology clock for shitting as well? [dead]

routine pang sai in the morning is quite normal mah. Your office dun allow staff to pang sai?
AltisOwner praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pang Sai in the office good. Use company water for flushing and wash hands. ALso use company's toilet paper. Do it everyday the saving is significant. [laugh]

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pang Sai in the office good. Use company water for flushing and wash hands. ALso use company's toilet paper. Do it everyday the saving is significant. [laugh]

:XD:

routine pang sai in the morning is quite normal mah. Your office dun allow staff to pang sai?

No la. 

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I notice companies that start work at 8 am or 8.30 am

a lot of staff come in to pang sai during work hours.

Companies that start at 9 am a lot of staff will do it

at home. So join a company that start early, do your

business during work time and go home earlier.  [thumbsup]

Freeder, Noob79 and Pocy praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I notice companies that start work at 8 am or 8.30 am

a lot of staff come in to pang sai during work hours.

Companies that start at 9 am a lot of staff will do it

at home. So join a company that start early, do your

business during work time and go home earlier. [thumbsup]

Not really le.
I start work at 9.
Jamesc praised this

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: toilet, bowel movements and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users