4th generation Suzuki Jimny coming in 2018.

DACH

After its introduction of its current form in 1998, all new Jimny coming next year, after 20 years.

Next-gen Suzuki Jimny 4×4 undisguised images leaked

https://paultan.org/2017/08/25/next-gen-suzuki-jimny-4x4-undisguised-images-leaked/

The Suzuki Jimny has been around in its current third-generation form for almost a decade now, but the tiny off-roader is set to get a reboot at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show that happens in October.

Images of the next-generation Suzuki Jimny have now been leaked ahead of its Tokyo debut, and it shows the new car undisguised. The images you see here are likely to be from official presentation slides.

They show a very square cut 4×4 that recalls the second-generation Jimny’s more basic design. Tall sides, big glass areas and vertical slats on the grille provide the link to Jimnys past, but the toy-like face is also modern and fits in well with Suzuki’s cool range of small cars – the AltoHustler and Ignis are all cute little things.

Suzuki-Jimny-leaked-1-630x420.jpg

The Jimny is no modern crossover, and will likely retain all of its famous off-road capabilities. A tailgate-mounted spare wheel keeps it real and chunky overfenders and black bumpers hint at its purpose.

There’s also a look at the new Jimny’s interior. The dashboard is typically shallow and upright, and while there are similarities with the Ignis, it’s clear that Suzuki went for a ‘tough’ look with overtly rugged cues – see the instrument binnacle and exposed “bolts”. There’s a big infotainment screen in the middle.

No specs leaked along with the pics, but possible engines could include Suzuki’s 1.0 litre three-cylinder “Boosterjet” turbo and a naturally-aspirated 1.2 litre four-cylinder unit from the Ignis. As a kei-car in Japan, a 660cc turbo triple is regulation.

Suzuki Jimny Replacement Spotted On Public Roads For The First Time

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/suzuki-jimny-replacement-spotted-on.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not going to sell well in Singapore......

The last version did sell quite well though. Even for a 20 year old model, there are still a number of them on the roads.

If Champion Motors is to bring it in, better bring in the 1.2l version. The 660cc won't sell due to the COE prices now.

i was reading that sheep herders in Scotland love this vehicle. As it allows them to navigate the rocky hillsides well. 

The last version did sell quite well though. Even for a 20 year old model, there are still a number of them on the roads.

If Champion Motors is to bring it in, better bring in the 1.2l version. The 660cc won't sell due to the COE prices now.

It's not a family car that generally Singaporean like. More like collector's car.

This one is the most iconic. Very popular jeep in Singapore in the 1980s.

img26d09116zikezj.jpeg

I will keep a lookout once it reaches our shore.

Fail to own 1 in the past AND hope the coe is reachable when it launch.

This one is the most iconic. Very popular jeep in Singapore in the 1980s.

img26d09116zikezj.jpeg

I will keep a lookout once it reaches our shore.

Fail to own 1 in the past AND hope the coe is reachable when it launch.

• Praise 1

suzuki_jimny_6613_029701210ab707ef.jpg

suzuki_jimny_allgrip_020701360b02085f.jp

pc_img5.jpg

001_o.jpg

011_o.jpg

012_o.jpg

013_o.jpg

002_o.jpg

014_o.jpg

015_o.jpg

009_o.jpg

010_o.jpg

006_o.jpg

suzuki_jimny_2018_14.jpg

000_o.jpg

008_o.jpg

Basic Details

- Ladder frame chassis
- 4x4 drive
- Low-range transfer box
- Five single-tone colors (Jungle Green, Bluish Black Pearl, Medium Gray, Silky Silver Metallic, Superior White)
- Three dual-tone colours (Kinetic Yellow, Brisk Blue Metallic, Chiffon Ivory Metallic)

2018-Suzuki-Jimny-All-Colours.jpg

• Praise 7

Supersonic
(edited)

suzuki_jimny_6613_029701210ab707ef.jpg

suzuki_jimny_allgrip_020701360b02085f.jp

pc_img5.jpg

001_o.jpg

011_o.jpg

012_o.jpg

013_o.jpg

002_o.jpg

014_o.jpg

015_o.jpg

009_o.jpg

010_o.jpg

006_o.jpg

suzuki_jimny_2018_14.jpg

000_o.jpg

008_o.jpg

Basic Details

- Ladder frame chassis

- 4x4 drive

- Low-range transfer box

- Five single-tone colors (Jungle Green, Bluish Black Pearl, Medium Gray, Silky Silver Metallic, Superior White)

- Three dual-tone colours (Kinetic Yellow, Brisk Blue Metallic, Chiffon Ivory Metallic)

2018-Suzuki-Jimny-All-Colours.jpg

Modern iteration of the 1980s Suzuki Jimny. Hope CM will bring this in. Edited by DACH
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

wow, very nice! Rugged, muscular and purposeful, unlike the girlie Vitara. I think it's gonna sell well (comparatively)

Edited by Othello

I think so too and i hope the interior will not be too plasticky and cheap looking. The exterior wowed me.  :a-m1212:

wow, very nice! Rugged, muscular and purposeful, unlike the girlie Vitara. I think it's gonna sell well (comparatively)

Supersonic

I think so too and i hope the interior will not be too plasticky and cheap looking. The exterior wowed me.  :a-m1212:

Interior looks retro 

I think so too and i hope the interior will not be too plasticky and cheap looking. The exterior wowed me. :a-m1212:

I reckon buyer that buy such car won't be too bothered with plasticky interior.

I like the black colour.

It’s like the Mercedes G55, how many buyers of it buy that for the off-road capability? Mainly for the looks.

I reckon buyer that buy such car won't be too bothered with plasticky interior.

I like the black colour.

Retro on the dials and some control knobs I feel but it’s fine. Retro

Is a look and I’m talking about plasticky and cheap looking.

Interior looks retro

Understanding from CM - it should arrived our shore in either Q1 or Q2 2019.

Finger cross - hope coe is much lower at coming time

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1