Unlimited mobile data plans coming back 2017

Lala81

My old one is 150mins.didnt realize it's reduced.

M1 not just reduced the talk time, sms also reduce form 500 to 100. So the extra 1gb data comes at a price. 

If M1 does not match, next year will jump to Singtel.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

M1 not just reduced the talk time, sms also reduce form 500 to 100. So the extra 1gb data comes at a price.

If M1 does not match, next year will jump to Singtel.

Why not circles

Why not circles

The Max I want to pay is $25.95.  [laugh]  [laugh]  My usage is very low. 5GB is just nice, but 100 min is a bit on the borderline for me, so Singtel 150min has better buffer.

• Praise 1

Great - thanks for the info.

These people keep on coming up with new packages/plans to confuse consumers so that we cannot compare easily.

Looking at what I'm paying monthly now:

$55.98 for Fibre Home Bundle (1GB/Home Digital Line)

$2 Home Digital line (call waiting)

$4.58 Set-top box rental

$22.34 Mio TV (Family Fun) ---> i stopped sports last year, and maintain a v cheap package for my father to watch CCTV

$77 for my combo 6 mobile plan (with discount for 4 lines with ST)

annual handset upgrade

How does this compare to yours leh?

I terminated everything at home...mio, internet, football...fix line..that cost me almost 150 a month...now I on starhub..just internet appx, 46  ( include gst)...i am watching live football every other day...FREE

Just enquired with Singtel online chat.

12 month contract SIM only plan $20

- 150 mins

- 500 sms

- 5GB

add on Caller ID ($5.35)

$25.35 per month for 12 months. 

And if I want to add in more data plan?

And if I want to add in more data plan?

There is option to pay for extra blocks of data. There is also another plan which starts at 10Gb.

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

Refer to this link for a 12 month contract.

https://www.singtelshop.com/shop/phones/sim-only.jsf?utm_source=singtel.com&utm_medium=CTA=&utm_campaign=simonlyplan

Any idea if I can port back from M1 to Singtel if the number was originally from a Singtel number?

I think so long as out of contract can port anywhere. 

May even get a voucher for porting in. Last time my friends ported from Singtel to M1 cos they were giving $100 for each port in.  [laugh]

Unlimited mobile data: It's back but can it replace home Internet?

But before you start cancelling your home broadband subscription, you should know that these unlimited plans come with caveats.

Typically, once a user's local data usage exceeds a certain threshold, the telcos will cap the speed of the 4G mobile connection.

In StarHub's case, it is 10GB of local data per day (Saturdays and Sundays) before the Internet speed is capped at 1Mbps. The full 4G speed is subsequently restored the following day.

M1 says it currently does not implement any data caps for its unlimited mobile plan but, according to its traffic management policy, customers with excessive data usage impacting the efficient management of its network resources may have their speeds capped at 512Kbps.

Such speed limiters mirror the ones enacted by telcos around the world for their unlimited mobile data plans. For instance, US-based telcos throttle the surfing speeds of their unlimited mobile subscribers when they use more than 22GB to 30GB of data per month.

http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/smartphones/its-back-but-can-it-replace-home-internet

With the data becoming so cheap, those holding the ancient 12GB plan should be thinking thrice whether to ditch and go for these new sim-only plans to enjoy 4G speed at slight extra cost.

• Praise 1

With the data becoming so cheap, those holding the ancient 12GB plan should be thinking thrice whether to ditch and go for these new sim-only plans to enjoy 4G speed at slight extra cost.

M1 12gb guys all 4gb liao mah