Unlimited mobile data plans coming back 2017

Lala81

Currently my son line is on M1 MYSim+ wit caller ID is $25.35. Contract ending soon. if he renewed will be on the new MySim3 plan. Same price, but with 5GB instead of 4GB. The downside is  talk time reduce from 150min to 100min. SMS from 500 to 100. The T & C states don't have free calls to 3 M1 subscribers, cannot be counted for mutlisavers.

Most likely I will jump to Singtel Sim only plan. Same plan and price at $25.35 with caller ID, 5GB, 150 min, 500 SMS. Also free unlimited singtel wifi til 31st December.  

Currently my son line is on M1 MYSim+ wit caller ID is $25.35. Contract ending soon. if he renewed will be on the new MySim3 plan. Same price, but with 5GB instead of 4GB. The downside is  talk time reduce from 150min to 100min. SMS from 500 to 100. The T & C states don't have free calls to 3 M1 subscribers, cannot be counted for mutlisavers.

Most likely I will jump to Singtel Sim only plan. Same plan and price at $25.35 with caller ID, 5GB, 150 min, 500 SMS. Also free unlimited singtel wifi til 31st December.  

My understanding (please read the T&C again) is that mysim plans don't get the multisaver discount but are counted as one line. So your other lines still get an increased discount.

Singtel plan has better numbers but also depends whether you'll actually use it or not (SMS?? phone calls still okay).

My understanding (please read the T&C again) is that mysim plans don't get the multisaver discount but are counted as one line. So your other lines still get an increased discount.

Singtel plan has better numbers but also depends whether you'll actually use it or not (SMS?? phone calls still okay).

How to you interpret this? Cannot count as total number. 

They took more than they give.

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/TermsAndConditions/MobilePhonesAndPlans/postpaid/mySIM

Multi-Service Saver 

Lines on mySIM3 Plans do not count towards the total number of mobile lines for the qualification of Multi-Service Saver programme and determination of the applicable Multi-Service Saver Discount, and are not eligible for the Multi-Service Saver Discount.

No more free calls to 3 M1 subcribers. No more upsize data temporary..

Others

The following are not available on mySIM3 Plans:

• Unlimited Free Calls to 3 M1 Numbers
  • Upsized Data
  • SurfShare and all other supplementary plans
  • Youth Benefits and Senior Benefits
  • Corporate discounts

•  
Edited by Ender

How to you interpret this? Cannot count as total number. 

They took more than they give.

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/TermsAndConditions/MobilePhonesAndPlans/postpaid/mySIM

No more free calls to 3 M1 subcribers. No more upsize data temporary..

•  

That's weird because there is a conflict with what they say here:

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/TermsAndConditions/BundlesandPromotions/MultiServiceSaver.aspx

Lines on mySIM Plans count towards the total number of mobile lines for the qualification of Multi-Service Saver programme and determination of the applicable Multi-Service Saver Discount, but they are not eligible for the Multi-Service Saver Discount.

I currently have a few mySIM plans and they count towards the discount.

That's weird because there is a conflict with what they say here:

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/TermsAndConditions/BundlesandPromotions/MultiServiceSaver.aspx

I currently have a few mySIM plans and they count towards the discount.

I believe you are on mysim+ now, the old scheme, with 4gb, 150 min and 3 free calls to 3 M1

When we recontract, it will be call mySim , with the new T & C.  5GB, 100 mins. no more free calls to 3 M1 subcriber (this and the 100 mins is the main deal breaker for me)

• Praise 1

I believe you are on mysim+ now, the old scheme, with 4gb, 150 min and 3 free calls to 3 M1

When we recontract, it will be call mySim , with the new T & C.  5GB, 100 mins. no more free calls to 3 M1 subcriber (this and the 100 mins is the main deal breaker for me)

I see. So lousy? I will check whether I need to recontract those mysim plans or not otherwise just maintain the current situation....

If it is really so lousy, then M1 can say bye bye to 2 Fibre plans and 7 lines.

WTF, just when I am planning to switch all my lines to mysim early next month.  <_<

• Praise 1

WTF, just when I am planning to switch all my lines to mysim early next month.  <_<

You have been warn of their new lousy T and C. They use to have the best among the 3 for cheapest sim only plan. Now for my son's M1, I will most likely port to Singtel,  marginally better with 150mins. And unlimited wifi till 31st december. Let him enjoy his holidays.

Starhub minimum is $24, but with caller ID will be $29.35 I guess. 200mins, but only 3 GB for week days.. And weekends is unlimted.

But on a typical months, there are 22 weekdays. Assuming even usage everydays throughout the month, we actually need 22/30 X 5GB =  3.6GB of data for weekdays.   Starhub unlimited only works for those who use less data on weekdays compare to weekends.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

You have been warn of their new lousy T and C. They use to have the best among the 3 for cheapest sim only plan. Now for my son's M1, I will most likely port to Singtel,  marginally better with 150mins. And unlimited wifi till 31st december. Let him enjoy his holidays.

Starhub minimum is $24, but with caller ID will be $29.35 I guess. 200mins, but only 3 GB for week days.. And weekends is unlimted.

But on a typical months, there are 22 weekdays. Assuming even usage everydays throughout the month, we actually need 22/30 X 5GB =  3.6GB of data for weekdays.   Starhub unlimited only works for those who use less data on weekdays compare to weekends.

Just checked and this should not affect me for now. My Mysim+ numbers are actually not under any contract so I'll just keep them running. As long as I don't change, should still be getting the discount for my contract numbers I guess.

my son is on SH old sim only plan, $20+$5 caller id, top up $5 for another 3 GB (total 6GB).

Just checked and this should not affect me for now. My Mysim+ numbers are actually not under any contract so I'll just keep them running. As long as I don't change, should still be getting the discount for my contract numbers I guess.

So you are not on the 12  month contract.?  No contract is only 3gb, so if you are not heavy data user, than just don't recontract it. 

So you are not on the 12  month contract.?  No contract is only 3gb, so if you are not heavy data user, than just don't recontract it. 

So far, both those numbers have never exceeded 3 GB (2GB+ and 1GB for last month) but I'm not the one using it la. My line has a 7GB limit and I typically use 6GB plus but that's a "very very controlled scenario".

Thinking of upgrading to add another 2 GB for 5.90$ soon  :a-happy:

Wow...just when I am considering porting over from my 1 yr contract Mysim+ to Circles when my contract is up in 2 months.....

have some comparison to do now....

sibei confusing now haha

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/m1-introduces-new-sim-only-plans-already-crowded-market

MySimE plans now intro-ed

https://www.m1.com.sg/mysim

@Ender, no mention of the free calls to 3 M1 numbers getting removed leh. I'm assuming website is updated today

Wow...just when I am considering porting over from my 1 yr contract Mysim+ to Circles when my contract is up in 2 months.....

have some comparison to do now....

shouldn't have much change for you right?

Just the addition of the mySimE plans with handset subsidy

Sorry I meant the MySim3 (12 mth contract without handset). Potentally cost me the same but easily double the data.

shouldn't have much change for you right?

Just the addition of the mySimE plans with handset subsidy

↡ Advertisement