LG V30

Stratovarius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnlLgT6vpD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwinIMDy09U

V30 is announced. Slightly disappointed that it will not comes with Oreo since LG is helping to develop the Pixel 2 with Goggle. Specs wise, RAM still @ 4gb (was hoping something like 6), SD835 and a new LED display. Design is similar to the G6. Kinda like the floating bar (i use the secondary screen on my V20 alot).

since it's LG, price wise should be quite competitive. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Since I switch over from Samsung to LG, I find LG phones are better and more value for money.

However, accessories are harder to find, as most will produce for the more popular Samsung.

I also find LG software upgrades are faster and better  supported in case the phone crashed, there's easy recovery software available.

For SS, you have to do some tricks, get some 3rd party software and load. A bit too much hassle.

But that's my experience with SS and thus I'm happier with LG.

• Praise 5

Since I switch over from Samsung to LG, I find LG phones are better and more value for money.

However, accessories are harder to find, as most will produce for the more popular Samsung.

I also find LG software upgrades are faster and better  supported in case the phone crashed, there's easy recovery software available.

For SS, you have to do some tricks, get some 3rd party software and load. A bit too much hassle.

How about the call and voice quality of LG? 

I found that the call and voice quality of recent Samsung phones is not as good as it used to be. 

• Praise 2

I also find LG software upgrades are faster and better supported in case the phone crashed, there's easy recovery software available.

Accessories can be easily bought online where its cheaper anyways.

I always tell people not that ss or apple phones are great. Its their marketing that places them on the top spot. Lg has always been weak in their marketing even in overseas market. Apart from the legendary bootloop curse, they make great phones. Among the people i know, im the only one who carries a LG. A korean supplier whom i met recently is the only one recognizes my phone as a v20 and mentioned its a good phone. The rest just ewww away. Lol.

I dont mind actually. This means that lg phones will be priced reasonably. Hope that is priced around 8 to 900 bucks when launched.

How about the call and voice quality of LG? 

I found that the call and voice quality of recent Samsung phones is not as good as it used to be. 

Didn't find any problem with LG voice quality.

V20 i had, has some useful focusing little squares when taking pictures, which I liked. Dunno what they call it.

But makes taking pictures very easy.

LG after sales service is horrible from my experience.

Having used 3 LG phones,I admit its a good phone but have swore of LG due to after sales service.

Attitude of the service staff sucks big time

My family has 4 LG phones, 3 out of 4 got problem within the 1st year. The last one finally gets hit 5 months before the 2 years mark. So I get a 100% PROBLEM HIT with all my LG phones. 

Accessories is almost cannot find. And if you dont go back to LG service center for repairs ( which you are better off buying a new one), there is almost next to nowhere anyone outside can repair or replace any parts. 

LG phones for me? capital NO and thank you.  <_<  -_-

Edited by Tianmo

My family has 4 LG phones, 3 out of 4 got problem within the 1st year. The last one finally gets hit 5 months before the 2 years mark. So I get a 100% PROBLEM HIT with all my LG phones.

Accessories is almost cannot find. And if you dont go back to LG service center for repairs ( which you are better off buying a new one), there is almost next to nowhere anyone outside can repair or replace any parts.

LG phones for me? capital NO and thank you. <_<-_-

Remember urs was the v10. It had a inherent mb problem which even after change, will still happen once the board overheats.

Honestly, im still keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping my v20 will not bootloop. Lol

Remember urs was the v10. It had a inherent mb problem which even after change, will still happen once the board overheats.

Honestly, im still keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping my v20 will not bootloop. Lol

Yah 3x V10 and 1 G4. 

The last V10 finally gets hit with the charging pot 2 weeks back, I took the phone to at least 10 ah beng shops, no one can repair. One quoted $65 and no warranty, not even 7 days. All same reason, LG very uncommon phone so no OEM parts, and LG does not sell parts to third party, they want all to go back to LG service center. 

Performance wise, yes LG makes good phone and value for money, but unless I am prepare to change phone every year, I am staying away lor. Jin tulan one you know.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Yah 3x V10 and 1 G4.

The last V10 finally gets hit with the charging pot 2 weeks back, I took the phone to at least 10 ah beng shops, no one can repair. One quoted $65 and no warranty, not even 7 days. All same reason, LG very uncommon phone so no OEM parts, and LG does not sell parts to third party, they want all to go back to LG service center.

Performance wise, yes LG makes good phone and value for money, but unless I am prepare to change phone every year, I am staying away lor. Jin tulan one you know. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

U quite suay. V10 and g4 are well known to bootloop and you got both of them. Haha.
  • Praise 1

So far I have not heard any bad experience with the v20, but only good feedback. But it's true the previous g series models were plague with problems.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

So far I have not heard any bad experience with the v20, but only good feedback. But it's true the previous g series models were plague with problems.

V20 not bad, but still prefer samsung. Bought to replace the note 7. Battery life is bad. Need to charge at least twice a day. If long working day from 7am to 10pm, have to charge 3 times. But at least the battery can swap. With V30 battery cannot be swapped so might be a problem.

V20 camera also good. But always lag. Lags the most when changing between modes and when you just launch the camera app.

Came from Note 4 before that. If you thought touchwiz is laggy, the LG software is even worse. Especially when the phone gets hot. So much lag its almost impossible to use.

• Praise 2

U quite suay. V10 and g4 are well known to bootloop and you got both of them. Haha.

Yah lor.  

Knn that time @hamburger got the G3, say until so good,  my bro also got the G3 also say good,  so when G4 came I went ahead and took the phone. Then when my children want change to iphone,  I insisted that they take the v10 because it was the LG top of the line and new launch phone back then. 

Now knn my girls every now and then will suan me when phone got problem. When phone down,  always laugh at me for promoting LG to them. Wah mai liao lah. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] 

V20 not bad, but still prefer samsung. Bought to replace the note 7. Battery life is bad. Need to charge at least twice a day. If long working day from 7am to 10pm, have to charge 3 times. But at least the battery can swap. With V30 battery cannot be swapped so might be a problem.

V20 camera also good. But always lag. Lags the most when changing between modes and when you just launch the camera app.

Came from Note 4 before that. If you thought touchwiz is laggy, the LG software is even worse. Especially when the phone gets hot. So much lag its almost impossible to use.

My G4 is coming to 2 yrs,  and this is the 3rd battery liao, the battery seem to last for a few months only before gives way.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] 

• Praise 1

LG has a bootloop problem that people won't let go.

SS S7 has the famous fire that people forget ?

They all make mistakes.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement