LG V30

Stratovarius

My v20 still going strong with no bootloop. Most likely getting the v30 (depending on price I guess?) so I hope there's no bootloop for that model too.

I'm also considering the Note 8 but I don't like the fingerprint scanner location and the fact that they don't have a dedicated sdcard slot. I always have 2 sim cards and I'm not sure if I really need an sdcard but it is certainly good to have that option.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

My v20 still going strong with no bootloop. Most likely getting the v30 (depending on price I guess?) so I hope there's no bootloop for that model too.

I'm also considering the Note 8 but I don't like the fingerprint scanner location and the fact that they don't have a dedicated sdcard slot. I always have 2 sim cards and I'm not sure if I really need an sdcard but it is certainly good to have that option.

I think the V30 also no more dedicated sdcard slot already. Cuz now the back is not removable.

going forward, most phones have the same functionality and limitations.

If u want your phone to be water resistant, how can have removable back.

Twincharged

Like the S5 lo. But the phone looks ugly and some people will destroy their phones when they put it in the water without checking whether the back cover is on tight or not.

V20 not bad, but still prefer samsung. Bought to replace the note 7. Battery life is bad. Need to charge at least twice a day. If long working day from 7am to 10pm, have to charge 3 times. But at least the battery can swap. With V30 battery cannot be swapped so might be a problem.

V20 camera also good. But always lag. Lags the most when changing between modes and when you just launch the camera app.

Came from Note 4 before that. If you thought touchwiz is laggy, the LG software is even worse. Especially when the phone gets hot. So much lag its almost impossible to use.

Thats weird. Mine is exact opposite. My batt can last a full day with gps running in the background. If no gps, can have 50% remaining around 6pm. Maybe u are a much heavier user than me.

No lag on camera and no overheat as well. It only reboot once (which scared the hell out of me) when loading an app.

Touchwiz is a no no from me after gg through 2 galaxy s and 2 notes. It might be better now but like tianmo, once bitten twice shy. Other than stock android, lg ux is prob my fav ui.

Personally, i find little use for ip68 ratings. I dont know why that has become a need feature for flagships. Nvr drop a phone in swimming pool or toilet bowl before so dont find a need. The 810 drop rating is more important to me. Having a removable back actually helps reduce the impact taken by the phone by releasing energy from the phone.

Personally, i find little use for ip68 ratings. I dont know why that has become a need feature for flagships. Nvr drop a phone in swimming pool or toilet bowl before so dont find a need. The 810 drop rating is more important to me. Having a removable back actually helps reduce the impact taken by the phone by releasing energy from the phone.

That's what the case is for, for me. 

I find water resistance is good to bring to the pool with young kids.

Personally, I find the waterproof feature an essential feature.

Used to find a sandwhich plastic bag or any ntuc bag I can find to put my phone in before dumping into my running pouch for my runs. Unglam max I know.....

I sweat a lot, so most times, my running pouch (though water resistant) gets abit moist on the inside too. 

As I tend to run outdoors, so in case of sudden down pour, I don't need to take shelter because my handphone is well protected.

I use my handphone to entertain my 5yr old during meals. My handphone has come in intimate contact with juice, soup, water etc.

So once I got onto the IP68 phones, all my previous concerns have been solved in a single swoop.

Just rinse my phone under the tap after a run or a dettol wet wipe after a meal does the job of cleaning up the sweat and food stains.

Supercharged

My wife's v10 just died recently.. a total blackout

And it seriously had interrupted my life, no dinner no fruits for many days as she is in bad mood.

Went around trying to recover the hp but in vain..

Even went to jb for further exploration.

I believe lg products will get an unknown ban in the household.

And it seriously had interrupted my life, no dinner no fruits for many days as she is in bad mood.

handphone is so important in daily life nowadays  [sweatdrop]

my wife will be happy if everyone's phone spoil suddenly  [laugh]  [laugh]

ask her to get the samsung S8+, confirm she will be happy   :D

• Praise 1

No dinner? So serious?

Quickly get a new phone liao.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

handphone is so important in daily life nowadays  [sweatdrop]

my wife will be happy if everyone's phone spoil suddenly  [laugh]  [laugh]

ask her to get the samsung S8+, confirm she will be happy   :D

yes.. you could easily feel the wraith when the v10 died..

chaos broke out and hell went loose..

causing mankind to starve,  went into darkness and isolation for days and week..

she had bought an oppo hp, hearsay 2 years warranty.

must bring her and the hp for holy blessing.  [;)]

Edited by Kurty
  • Praise 1

That's what the case is for, for me. 

I find water resistance is good to bring to the pool with young kids.

I bought a $5 waterproof pouch for that purpose. Stuffed my phone in it, exposing the screen and camera. Can still take decent pictures in water. Best $5 spent.

• Praise 1

v30 release date is 2nd dec.

wtf. waste my time waiting for it.

Huawei Mate 10 Pro was announced later (October 16) but will be released in Singapore on November 11.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1