Used private hire car

Imac

An office colleague recently went to view a late 2015 used-Honda Vezel selling slightly below market price...paintwork look very new, interior clean.

However, the milage is close to 45,000km. We suspected it is an ex-uber/grab car....anyway to verify ?

Edited by Imac
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

An office colleague recently went to view a late 2015 used-Honda Vezel selling slightly below market price...paintwork look very new, interior clean.

However, the milage is close to 45,000km. We suspected it is an ex-uber/grab car....anyway to verify ?

See if got LCR licence plate frame  [laugh]

Other than that, impossible lah... unless the logcard still show Z10/Z11 commercial vehicle...

• Praise 2

Ask any of your close friend working in the insurance company?

Those big insurance company.

Their system can see whether is this car registered under company or personal.

I went thru it last year. Many private car registered as Company car. I gave it a miss.

• Praise 1

Does it matter if the used car is former uber/grab?

So long as the mileage is crazy high comparatively to national average, that should be the basis to decide if the cheaper price can justify for the abnormally high wear and tear.

If the second hand dealer dun tweak with the mileage already very happy already....

• Praise 8

If the vezel is used as uber, how come 2015 car so fast sell off esp if the car is under LCR?! Unless this car is bought by private owner and used for uber, then sell off due to dont know what reason?

I believe there are many used car in the market were previously used for uber/grab.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

Hard to tell. Besides high mileage, oso can left rear seat if a bit more worn or cushion flatter than the right rear.

Maybe best is to avoid any used Attrage, Vezel, Sienta.

• Praise 2

Hard to tell. Besides high mileage, oso can left rear seat if a bit more worn or cushion flatter than the right rear.

Maybe best is to avoid any used Attrage, Vezel, Sienta.

K3 also very common on the roads with LCR plates.. TS, either get new or avoid these 2nd hand cars unless you are absolutely sure it wasn't used for Uber/Grab.

• Praise 1

Why not buy new?

You buy such a car suspect ex-uber, suspect accident car, suspect this suspect that. Since it's near new buy new. No worries.

• Praise 2

Er ....... no brainer thing leh .......

Why still look at it ?

Anyway, a lot of used Vezel, 6mth++ old on the market lor ......

My friend want to buy too, but I told him no lor ....

a) Recall Status ? Fix ? Proof - There are 6 recall ??

b)

Er ....... no brainer thing leh .......

Why still look at it ?

Anyway, a lot of used Vezel, 6mth++ old on the market lor ......

My friend want to buy too, but I told him no lor ....

a) Recall Status ? Fix ? Proof - There are 6 recall ??

b)

Then dont buy used vezel, buy other make/model lo. Lol.

Seats torn is small problem, can be replace with new leather skin. The engine & gearbox is the most big things need to pay attention.

I heard horrible stories on uber/grab drivers before...some of them nv send the cars back to service regular because they only care about earning the incentives & rental fee. 

They also dun care if the car big spolit because its not their own cars anyway, repair cost is not pay by them too.

• Praise 1

He want SUV wor, according to him, there is a legend that the Vezel is the best FC SUV in its class lor....

I told him. He should get a Sportage, as it drink water.

Then dont buy used vezel, buy other make/model lo. Lol.

↡ Advertisement