Used private hire car

Imac

The private hire k3 cost the same as a new K3 lite. The person who buy the private hire K3 will probably need to spend more on maintenance not to mention no warranty for such cars. Pity him.

That why I said only gong kia will buy!

When there is a brand new car (may be with lower coe) and a used PHV (which is priced abt $3K higher)  Which car's depreciation is higher? Which will buyers choose?

Why not?

The cost of the COE when the used K3 Ex-PHV bought was probably much higher than the cost of COE now. 

Have to look at the rate of depreciation! Which one is lower?

↡ Advertisement

Then if that is the case, what is there to make the used private hire car deal attractive?

Easier to get loan? No or little down payment? Edited by Philipkee

Both vezels very high chance are ex PHV. But nowdays even private cars are not registered under PHV also can be used to ferry passengers, which is hitch ride.

usually high mileage and stock conditions are the telltale signs... 

usually high mileage and stock conditions are the telltale signs... 

Mileage cannot be trusted too much since it could be changed?! Stock condition most likely would tell you it is a PHV since i dont think any car owner would buy a car with total bare and stock condition.

Both vezels very high chance are ex PHV. But nowdays even private cars are not registered under PHV also can be used to ferry passengers, which is hitch ride.

Hitch ride car not as bad as uber or grab var. Because hitch is cheap, no one will use it as mainstream uber/grab purpose. Most of the hitch are making use of the hitch platform to cover their fuel consumption when they go from point A to point B for their own usage purpose , hitch is just by the way/on the way, they dont really drive excessive extra miles to ply on the road.

Hitch ride car not as bad as uber or grab var. Because hitch is cheap, no one will use it as mainstream uber/grab purpose. Most of the hitch are making use of the hitch platform to cover their fuel consumption when they go from point A to point B for their own usage purpose , hitch is just by the way/on the way, they dont really drive excessive extra miles to ply on the road.

Depends on individual also. I have one friend who uses hitch as a driver, he hitch very frequently per week, he earned quite a lot from his hitch ride. Maybe he also purposely do hitch on weekends?

Depends on individual also. I have one friend who uses hitch as a driver, he hitch very frequently per week, he earned quite a lot from his hitch ride. Maybe he also purposely do hitch on weekends?

this is less common because hitch price is a lot cheaper than that of a full-fledged  U/G, it makes no sense for a person to use hitch as his ride sharing income generator.

this is less common because hitch price is a lot cheaper than that of a full-fledged  U/G, it makes no sense for a person to use hitch as his ride sharing income generator.

even if the person used his vehicle to hitch for income, there is no way the mileage will come even close to full fledged u/g as there is a rule of max 2 hitch trip per day which can translate to maybe 100km per day.

Twincharged

My LCR car used for Uber must sent for servicing every 10k km.

If you don't and they find out, they can charge the hirer for compensation.

It's serviced by a regular workshop, previously Autosave, but now is Vermogen.

They don't have the luxury or will want to adjust mileage.

But just do regular maintenance, changing engine/transmission oil.

For those who think these cars are not maintained at all, it's not true.

However, that doesn't stop anyone from trying to adjust mileage when they are selling it off, PHV car or not.

Anyone who owns his own private car can do likewise, low or zero maintenance, and try to adjust mileage when selling.

​Ya,mine also from LCR, been there 6 times for serving already. So far seen their work, not bad.. I even saw them change the rubber seal for one of the Honda grace that was in the workshop. Not bad leh, outside service car where got change rubber seal one..

Supersonic
(edited)

Possibly a Grab/Uber resale car - Kia Cerato Forte K3 EX

Characterised by the fabric seats and 15" steel wheels and plastic wheel covers, and annual depreciation cheaper by 15%.

C&C K3 EX sold to private buyers  come standard in leather seats and 16" sports rims.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=718812&DL=2080

This car confirmed is PHV cause the PHV sticker still on the windscreen. Anyway, if they sell those PHV at a much lower price than others, i would not mind getting one if i just want a car from A to B.

Edited by 13177

Tell tale sign... the car already have 2 owners b4.. 

that tale sign of 2 owners b4 is a gauge but not 100% accurate. There're also a lot of PHV which is registered under individual company whereby the company is formed to provide Private Hire Service and thus maybe will show 1 Owner only.

Supersonic

This car confirmed is PHV cause the PHV sticker still on the windscreen. Anyway, if they sell those PHV at a much lower price than others, i would not mind getting one if i just want a car from A to B.

In that case, shouldn't the sticker be removed before selling the car?

Supersonic

In that case, shouldn't the sticker be removed before selling the car?

I dont know why those sticker is not removed when the car is selling? 

↡ Advertisement