Used private hire car

Imac

Is it very very risky if all this LCR ended up with 2nd hand dealer and if they tweak the mileage? Guess only precaution will be not to buy those 1-2 yr old models of common U/G models... No matter what the dealers say how good the car is

↡ Advertisement

Is it very very risky if all this LCR ended up with 2nd hand dealer and if they tweak the mileage? Guess only precaution will be not to buy those 1-2 yr old models of common U/G models... No matter what the dealers say how good the car is

Most private hire cars already have lower spec than those sold to normal buyers. One of the common option lacking in private hire is alloy rims

Most private hire cars already have lower spec than those sold to normal buyers. One of the common option lacking in private hire is alloy rims

Oic.... But i wonder how many buyers will be aware of it...

Uber might single handedly crash the resale market.

Watch out for these dealers posting lasciviously about how coe is going to spike with the quote, government intervention, weather, Trump etc.

My sincere advice is to avoid these second hand makes altogether . The risk is too great.

If want, buy new. If not, stay at the sideline for now to watch coe drift southwards.

Edited by Perspectivism
  • Praise 1

Jus need to note that this altis or K3 on auction all dun have warranty de according to the SE at cycle and BM. When they lease it to LCR for rental most of the cars their price is pressed to the lowest possible.

So take note, buy Liao does not mean can happily drive into AD to claim warranty when sth happens

• Praise 1

Interesting. So this is how they sell on their cars.

I wonder who will buy.

Sure will have people buy.

Singaporeans like to look for cheap deals. [laugh]

• Praise 2

I think could be an interesting buy for companies as company car. Then servicing all do outside cheap cheap.

I mean, they are still all relatively new cars. Just do the proper maintenance and replace parts then should be fine even with the mileage.

• Praise 1

I know the Prius they buy from Borneo is similar spec to customer cars (audio system, HUD etc) except they got cloth seats instead of leather.

But yeah, the other models (Corolla Altis, Mazda 3) are all lower spec than what customers can buy.

• Praise 1

Jus need to note that this altis or K3 on auction all dun have warranty de according to the SE at cycle and BM. When they lease it to LCR for rental most of the cars their price is pressed to the lowest possible.

So take note, buy Liao does not mean can happily drive into AD to claim warranty when sth happens

Could be true...

I noticed that PHV lancer & attrage did not have the 5-years warranty sticker on their rear windshield.

• Praise 2

There must be enforced disclosure that car is a PHV to be fair to buyers. Just leave the LTA sticker on the car as part of transfer checklist as someone suggested. 

This is not that difficult to enforce, unless there is a hidden agenda to allow for such offloads...  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

There must be enforced disclosure that car is a PHV to be fair to buyers. Just leave the LTA sticker on the car as part of transfer checklist as someone suggested.

This is not that difficult to enforce, unless there is a hidden agenda to allow for such offloads... [lipsrsealed]

Hard arh. Unless somebody peition for the log card to indicate PHV and LTA enforce. Or else quite hard.
  • Praise 1

Car dealers will re-sell it to private owners.

Lucky the seller states the car license plate number.

If a person wants to purchase such cars, please ensure that the car dealer had sent the car for servicing and a certified LTA inspection for its road worthiness for a peace of mind. Good thing is these cars are still under agent warranty but do check out with agent what are the things covered under warranty. If possible, ask for the car dealer for additional warranty for the cars they sell, on top of the agent one.

Usually agent warranty 3-5 years or 100,000 to 120,000km which even come first..  I guess buyer is on their own.....

The paper value should be quite high as it was purchase when the COE was high so it doesnt make sense to purchase this kind of cars. Of course, after dealers marketed as female owner, family 2nd, third and etc car....The unspecting buyer might fall for it, especailly for the low down payment. 

Edited by Hachi
  • Praise 1

Well uber had to burn the money somehow. Guess only The govt coffers benefitted

But they didnt mentioned about Grab? It means Grab dont have over excess of PHV?

• Praise 1

I think could be an interesting buy for companies as company car. Then servicing all do outside cheap cheap.

I mean, they are still all relatively new cars. Just do the proper maintenance and replace parts then should be fine even with the mileage.

120k mileage is a relative new car? Don't think you should judge a car just by age of car leh.. iirc the mileage is far more important.

And with such insane mileage, one ideally needs to service once every month.

Don't think they change oil once every month wor

. Every 3 months need to change ATF oil leh...

• Praise 1

Don't think Grab has a rental car company like Uber.

Anyway, that time me and my bro rented a Altis from LCR for 6 months and when we returned the mileage was 46000km. We drove to Malacca and JB. Whacked over humps and whacked the engine.

So a 18 months PHV with a mileage of 128000km is about there for a rental car.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1