Used private hire car

Imac

120k mileage is a relative new car? Don't think you should judge a car just by age of car leh.. iirc the mileage is far more important.

And with such insane mileage, one ideally needs to service once every month.

Don't think they change oil once every month wor

. Every 3 months need to change ATF oil leh...

If i am nt wrong the servicing of the car is nt as intensive as of its ur own car de. I dun tink they change their ATF at all lor. Change ATF outside at least a few hundred bucks.

If really wanna buy PHV should juz priced slightly above their paper value add 5k onli. Cos when it ka booms the repair cost oso sky rockets de

↡ Advertisement

Don't think Grab has a rental car company like Uber.

Anyway, that time me and my bro rented a Altis from LCR for 6 months and when we returned the mileage was 46000km. We drove to Malacca and JB. Whacked over humps and whacked the engine.

So a 18 months PHV with a mileage of 128000km is about there for a rental car.

Agree. Can even go to Penang and up the Genting highland with rented cars.

Pardon me. All this cars are for businesses to bid on and not for public/individuals. Shouldnt this cars only be sold to company and end up as rentals. How do the dealers change the details that it will be sold to public? Can meh? These cars not considered asset to company after they transfer to dealers?

Pardon me. All this cars are for businesses to bid on and not for public/individuals. Shouldnt this cars only be sold to company and end up as rentals. How do the dealers change the details that it will be sold to public? Can meh? These cars not considered asset to company after they transfer to dealers?

Dealers can buy and sell them as used cars.

If i am nt wrong the servicing of the car is nt as intensive as of its ur own car de. I dun tink they change their ATF at all lor. Change ATF outside at least a few hundred bucks.

If really wanna buy PHV should juz priced slightly above their paper value add 5k onli. Cos when it ka booms the repair cost oso sky rockets de

100% agree with you

Uber raised huge funding to bid a lot of cars both cat A & B.. pushed it high high

Now oversupply underused, COE is bound to fall sharply thanks to Uber

Furthermore, most of Uber cars were bought with high COE thanks to their antics.

My own car I through flush ATF every 3 years. What about Uber? Heard they whack their engine and whack cars over humps

One shouldn't buy such second hand PH cars.

Don't expect them to keep up on their servicing.

When the tyres are worn out at 40000km, we requested them to change they also never do it. Say still can use.....CB.

Ask @kb27

100% agree with you

Uber raised huge funding to bid a lot of cars both cat A & B.. pushed it high high

Now oversupply underused, COE is bound to fall sharply thanks to Uber

Furthermore, most of Uber cars were bought with high COE thanks to their antics.

My own car I through flush ATF every 3 years. What about Uber? Heard they whack their engine and whack cars over humps

One shouldn't buy such second hand PH cars.

Some believe Coe will go up despite various pre-existing conditions such as oversupply of 4000 phv waiting to be scrapped.

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20170827-790353

Some believe Coe will go up despite various pre-existing conditions such as oversupply of 4000 phv waiting to be scrapped.

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20170827-790353

Only a few reasons:

1. SE, Dealer, PI

2. Bought COE recently at a high and still harping over the price they paid.

When the tyres are worn out at 40000km, we requested them to change they also never do it. Say still can use.....CB.

Ask @kb27

PH industry is really grating on our society's patience. They would rather trade safety for higher margins. Regulations need to tighten.

Only a few reasons:

1. SE, Dealer, PI

PH industry is really grating on our society's patience. They would rather trade safety for higher margins. Regulations need to tighten.

Of cos man. Taxi rental is abt $110 to 130 daily for normal taxi. PHV rental less than $100 per day for those b&b cars. Some things gotta give cos uber wont wanna lose $.

I know PHV their insurance gt problem de. Nt like taxi de. Anything passenger can look for taxi company, for PHV its a different story.

Every biz muz make $, its jus how they do it. But u noe our govt wanna wait till sth big happens then make adjustments de

Edited by alex976
  • Praise 1

Only a few reasons:

1. SE, Dealer, PI

The tyres have already reached the safety bars and they still won't change it.

With no safety concern for drivers (and passengers), they expect us to take good care for their cars? Sure whack la!

There must be enforced disclosure that car is a PHV to be fair to buyers. Just leave the LTA sticker on the car as part of transfer checklist as someone suggested. 

This is not that difficult to enforce, unless there is a hidden agenda to allow for such offloads...  [lipsrsealed]

LTA never cared about being 'fair to buyers'. They never even outlaw tweaking of odometer.

As far as they are concerned, PHV is the same as private cars.

120k mileage is a relative new car? Don't think you should judge a car just by age of car leh.. iirc the mileage is far more important.

And with such insane mileage, one ideally needs to service once every month.

Don't think they change oil once every month wor

. Every 3 months need to change ATF oil leh...

It's what you do to the car that matters. A well-serviced 10 year old car with proper maintenance and all parts replaced can be as good as a new car.

Edited by Benarsenal

LTA never cared about being 'fair to buyers'. They never even outlaw tweaking of odometer.

As far as they are concerned, PHV is the same as private cars.

It's what you do to the car that matters. A well-serviced 10 year old car with proper maintenance and all parts replaced can be as good as a new car.

Replace with new engine, new gearbox, new everything? Then its a new car!  [:p] 

My thoughts are that moveable car parts has a finite usage life and mileage contributes greatest to the wear and tear of these parts. Regular servicing (meaning oil change and checks) can retard engine and gearbox wear, but there are many other parts that cannot be serviced. No amount of proper maintenance can prevent deterioration of electronics, fuel systems, pumps, motors, suspension, bushes, even bulbs.

I would consider an 18-month old car with a mileage of 120k km to have an "actual" age of 4-5 years.

• Praise 1

Ask @kb27

I went back again at 50k and kpkb on the tyres.

This time they change all 4 tyres.

Their servicing is 1 month or 10k whichever comes first for engine oil.

They also change transmission oil. The prev w/s stated 60k, but this one change at 40k.

Yes, they have a contract with LCR to do certain work. But may have to push them for something extra.

• Praise 1

I went back again at 50k and kpkb on the tyres.

This time they change all 4 tyres.

Their servicing is 1 month or 10k whichever comes first for engine oil.

They also change transmission oil. The prev w/s stated 60k, but this one change at 40k.

Yes, they have a contract with LCR to do certain work. But may have to push them for something extra.

Glad they changed it for u bro.

Is it Autosaver?

Is it very very risky if all this LCR ended up with 2nd hand dealer and if they tweak the mileage? Guess only precaution will be not to buy those 1-2 yr old models of common U/G models... No matter what the dealers say how good the car is

Not IF used car dealer will tweak mileage. Almost certain they will. Otherwise how to find so many suckers who will buy a high mileage ex-PHV car?

We will soon see many 1-owner, well-loved, only driven on weekends to spa, church, children tuition Prius, Mz3, Vezel, Attrage, Vios. So many rich ppl out there who juz buy B&B cars for fun....

• Praise 2