• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 240 praises

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Jellandross
  • Premium member
    Jellandross
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Parkour enthusiast who scaled Eastpoint Mall roof deeply regrets his actions, police report lodged

http://www.straitsti...time=1504353603

np_20170902_dsjump02-r6r_16175162_0.jpg

SINGAPORE - The parkour enthusiast who filmed and posted a video of himself and a few others scaling the glass roof of a mall in Simei has said he deeply regrets his actions.

A police report has been lodged over the incident.

The video shows a group of young people performing various stunts, including climbing onto the glass dome roof of Eastpoint Mall and walking on top of the railings of a Pan-Island Expressway flyover.

The video was originally posted on Facebook and YouTube by 23-year-old Koh Chen Pin on Aug 16, The New Paper reported on Saturday.

The videos have since been taken down.

Mr Koh, who goes by alias Denester and whose Facebook page has more than 42,000 followers and likes, told The Straits Times on Saturday (Sept 2) that he was remorseful.

"I'm aware that some activities seen in the video are inappropriate and I deeply regret my actions," he said.

The police confirmed with ST on Saturday that a report was lodged and investigations are ongoing.

The East Coast-Fengshan Town Council had told TNP that it would be filing a police report against the group.

A spokesman for Eastpoint Mall told ST that the safety of its shoppers is paramount to them, and they take "a serious view against any acts of mischief that endanger the safety of those involved and others around them".

"A police report was made and the incident is under investigation," said the spokesman. "The roof area at Eastpoint Mall is not designed for carrying out any activities and it is strictly out of bounds to the public. We seek the cooperation of all visitors to act responsibly."

The mall is reinforcing security measures to prevent other incidents of unauthorised access.

"Anyone caught trespassing into out-of-bounds areas will be handed over to the police," said the spokesman.

The director of A2 Movements, said to be the first parkour academy in Singapore, told ST that he is well-acquainted with Mr Koh and he thinks it is a lesson to be learnt.

Mr Tan Chi Ying, 31, said: "Not all parkour practitioners go to rooftops and not all those who go to rooftops are practising parkour."

Mr Tan, who has about 50 students in his academy, said Mr Koh belongs to the second generation of parkour enthusiasts in Singapore, where parkour has flourished for about 10 years.

"The first generation is us guys in their 30s. The second generation just crossed adulthood, so most of them are in their early 20s," he said. "I think they are starting to understand responsibilities and how the adult world works. As young people, they tend to be a bit more thrill-seeking."

Mr Tan said the second-generation parkour practitioners in Singapore are starting to form a committee to lay down guidelines on the "really reckless things they should avoid".

Commenting on the latest incident, he said: "I think it's a bit of trial by fire... doing parkour is not illegal but it is illegal to trespass."'

This is the latest in a series of reported risky behaviour. In late August, a Sengkang condominium issued advisories after pictures of students sitting on open ledges on its 16th floor went viral.

In February, 17-year-old Jonathan Chow Hua Guang died after falling to his death from the fourth-storey linkway of Orchard Central shopping mall.

Lala81, Tianmo, Blueray, Dleodleo and Staff69 praised this

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Didn't see the video of this but I watched some of his previous videos before on using everyday structures to train parkour

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This type I think can skip ippt soc
Straightaway go airborne aoc halo 20,000 leagues diver
Staff69 and BanCoe praised this

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This type I think can skip ippt soc
Straightaway go airborne aoc halo 20,000 leagues diver

Give them a web shooter and they will be Spidermen.  :XD:

Mustank and Staff69 praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

And when things go awry can blame the mall for lax security and easy access! This wan not yolo....this wan is bodo!
RH1667, Jellandross, Mits_jc, Count-Bracula, Opel17, Lala81, Thaiyotakamli and 1 other member praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lucky they did not bring the roof down. Si gin nah![grin]
Atrecord praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Everytime I hear this kind of sport two video's come to mind

Uncle2, RH1667 and Somewhat1975 praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Last time go mall is to partour , , now ish go mall parkour. Times have changed or am I old fashioned? [laugh]
Uncle2, Leinad8919, SGCMmadman, Eviilusion, Spycraft, RH1667, EWander and 2 other members praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Young and Dangerous
RH1667 praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Old man like me probably cannot understand why they want to risk their life doing such things.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:47 AM

Chongster
  • Chongster
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Lucky they did not bring the roof down. Si gin nah![grin]

this one will literally become si gin nah at some point...

RH1667 praised this

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

why Tom Cruise and Jacky Chan can do it in their movies?  [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i cringe at the Shanghai video! Damned Ruskies sure got balls of steel and that will be a long yell if they had fallen off from the top of the crane!
Together We stand Alone

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Movie: District B13 and District B-13 U

the main actor is supposedly the founder of Parkour... one of my fav movies last time

Movie: Brick Mansions is the American remake starring Paul Walker and David Belle.. still prefer the French movie

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Old man like me probably cannot understand why they want to risk their life doing such things.

I'm glad to know that i have company...

What will be on their parents' minds i wonder. Don't envy their position...

Doubt they will listen, even to their parents. 

This young generation no need to worry about no enough food to eat, no electricity for the house at night, not enough clothes to wear, no place to stay, etc.

so can afford to spend their energy on such things.

RH1667, Tianmo and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Movie: District B13 and District B-13 U

the main actor is supposedly the founder of Parkour... one of my fav movies last time

Movie: Brick Mansions is the American remake starring Paul Walker and David Belle.. still prefer the French movie

Parkour is a good sport if you do it in safe environment and understand your limit, you do get injure during the practice just like other sports. I let my son sign up for parkour lesson during one of the school holiday few years back, learn some jumping, flipping and somersault, train his agility and reflex.

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

Preakshox
  • Preakshox
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Probably trying to make a statement, this boy.

There are safe grounds like parkour gyms.

Aspiring to be now-entrepreneur AJ Hackett, bugger who illegally bungee off the Eiffel Tower? [dead]  

'They're off to find the hero of the day....'

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Parkour is a good sport if you do it in safe environment and understand your limit, you do get injure during the practice just like other sports. I let my son sign up for parkour lesson during one of the school holiday few years back, learn some jumping, flipping and somersault, train his agility and reflex.

Young age is ok. Heal from injuries quickly. In fact is good bodyweight strength training. Just need to be careful of flips etc that introduce risk of head/neck injury.

Old like us if still go and parkour ... one injury will put us out permanently [laugh]

I'm glad to know that i have company...

What will be on their parents' minds i wonder. Don't envy their position...

Doubt they will listen, even to their parents.

This young generation no need to worry about no enough food to eat, no electricity for the house at night, not enough clothes to wear, no place to stay, etc.

so can afford to spend their energy on such things.

This is so very true. Too much free time available and too much energy - becos no need lift a finger at home.
BanCoe and RH1667 praised this

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Denester videos

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Denester videos

Wow, his standing broad jump must be very good.

Freeder and Carbon82 praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: pakour, eastpoint, roof, parkour and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users