Magnifying glass
30 replies to this topic | 71 praises

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:49 PM

therock
  • therock

Dear bros

I have been using my hotmail as the recipient for all notifications.

It has had no issues for almost one year. During this time, I didn't change any settings.

Then suddenly over the hari raya weekend, I lost my notifications.

A friend suggested I uncheck all notifications and retry, no avail.

It seems that hotmail is 'allergic' to emails from mycarforum! There's no notifications of any sorts from PM, to topics etc.

I had this before with another forum, and I had to swop to a different email provider.

I have even gone into the exceptions options to add MCF as a safe sender - no avail.

Does anyone else have this issue?

PS: I still see the notifications in the forum itself, just no email notifications. 

Would appreciate any help or tips, thanks!

Tianmo, pChou and Pocy praised this

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

DACH
  • DACH

Now you have said it.

I also realised that I have not receiving email notifications for the past few days.

Most likely there is something wrong with the forum.

Perhaps the mods can enlighten us.

pChou and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

therock
  • therock

Thanks bro, it's heartening to know I am not alone!

What email are you using?

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

Tianmo
    Tianmo

You are not alone,  and this is not the first time also.  The last time this happened was also on a long weekend at the beginning of the month. 

Just highlight to pChou, and let them settle with their back end when they are back from the long weekend.

therock, pChou and Jamesc praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Vid
    Vid

Check your spam folder lor. Maybe it's there. If not there, then add the email address from MCF in the "safelist".

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

therock
  • therock

Check your spam folder lor. Maybe it's there. If not there, then add the email address from MCF in the "safelist".

Did both sir, thanks..

No joy..

I had an IT pro bro here share some basic checklist tips - so I have done the usual stuff.. cheers

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Vid
    Vid

Did both sir, thanks..

No joy..

I had an IT pro bro here share some basic checklist tips - so I have done the usual stuff.. cheers

Right... then it's MCF problem liao. Maybe the server mail queue got stuck with an erroneous email address. I'm sure they will sort it out soon.

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

• Jman888

I duno why you all want your email to flood with mcf notifications, really?

if you are already surfing the website, does email important?
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

I also faced the same problem and have reported it here : http://www.mycarforu...back/?p=6207276

I am using yahoo mail. 

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

Yes, email notification is important for me. I check my email regularly, a habit from my job. So I prefer email notifications. I clear my mailbox regularly and have a file structure in my mailbox to direct the emails as they come in.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

pChou
    pChou
    Administrator

thanks for sharing, let us look at it

Tianmo thanks for notifying!

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81

i treat them all as junk haha. so i directed them to my hotmail (aka junk mail)

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

Tianmo
    Tianmo

thanks for sharing, let us look at it

Tianmo thanks for notifying!

This is not the first time,  the last time it happened was a few months back. I cannot remember which month but it was also a long weekend beginning of the month.  However it recovered by itself after that few days,  so I did not highlight it.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] 

pChou praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

therock
  • therock

Still no joy, anyone else with this issue?

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

Still no joy, anyone else with this issue?

Same as u, no joy. [:(]

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

pChou
    pChou
    Administrator

i myself experience the issue, the IT team is investigating.  -_-

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

i myself experience the issue, the IT team is investigating.  -_-

recently Server like SMRT hor...many issues

btw therock, moved to this folder for greater clarity of issue

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

DACH
  • DACH

Email notifications are back!
pChou praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

therock
  • therock

+1

MCF admin is more responsive than many stat boards...

Except bro jman mod :p

That's also the standard stat board answer - you don't need it, (implication) so it's not worth fixing

[lipsrsealed]

pChou praised this

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

pChou
    pChou
    Administrator

recently Server like SMRT hor...many issues

btw therock, moved to this folder for greater clarity of issue

wahahhaha eh dont jinx ah!

Back to Feedback & Suggestions  ·  MCF Forum Related Top Reply to this topic

Tags: notifications, hotmails, help and 4 more...