2018 Suzuki Swift Sport 1.4 Turbo

Pocus

Most likely, CM will only bring in Auto. [:(]

CM has stopped selling manual passenger cars since the beginning of this year. In April, a friend of mine wanted to buy a manual Swift Sport but an SE there told us they no longer brought in manual cars. [thumbsdown]

I believe CM won't be so stupid to not bring in the Manual. This is a hot/warmth hatch for enthusiasts.

My guess is your friend asked CM when they stop bringing in additional stocks of the ZC32s and only left stocks with auto gear.

If CM really bring only auto. Then have to look PI liao..

If I recall, they can fit 16in to reduce the co2 and nox. The previous version had 16in whereas in U.K. and Australia it was 17in. Also probably it's subjected to further testing locally?

Let's see.

You mean tyre size affects emissions? That's the first time I heard it.

Yeah I also notice we get 16" rims only which looked subpar. In the end many swap for nicer ones...

↡ Advertisement

I think the backside/backview is chio. Anyone think the same? Abit of the stance look, skinny top fat bottom. lol.

But if really priced at $110-120k, dun think many ppl will buy leh. wouldnt be in the right market audience. If 100k still got chance.

At least the 2018 auto transmission is not CVT and still comes w paddle shifter, still acceptable la..

Most likely, CM will only bring in Auto. [:(]

CM has stopped selling manual passenger cars since the beginning of this year. In April, a friend of mine wanted to buy a manual Swift Sport but an SE there told us they no longer brought in manual cars. [thumbsdown]

Can indent from them?

I believe CM won't be so stupid to not bring in the Manual. This is a hot/warmth hatch for enthusiasts.

My guess is your friend asked CM when they stop bringing in additional stocks of the ZC32s and only left stocks with auto gear.

Yeah I also notice we get 16" rims only which looked subpar. In the end many swap for nicer ones...

Yup. All emissions are based on g/km, so the car must move to record the emissions. And a 16 or 17in rims/tires will affect what is emitted.

I know the last batch of manuals were brought in in q2 2016. Champion motors took 1 year to clear them out. So they won't bring in more zc32 given that it was a EOL model too.

Hi Pocus, do u mind sharing the site where u got the engine / hybrid information?

Everything here...

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/iaa2017/

The Japanese site is here!

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/swiftsport/

EDIT: I just realised the hybrid is not for Swift Sport but for the Regular Swift Hybrid. Sorry for the misinformation.

Okay we know how the 2nd Gen Swift Sport eats up the boot space compared to the regular Swifts. That means you sacrifice boot space for power.

It's good to know they fixed that. The new ZC33S Sport comes with the exact boot space as the regular swift.

D41L50M.jpg

The gear ratios. AT not as closed

wk09ne1.jpg

Edited by Pocus

Other details from the press release:

Confirmed:

• 140ps and 230nm 1.4l Boosterjet engine confirmed
  • Wheelbase is 20mm longer, height is 15mm lower, tyre thread is 40mm wider
  • Improved stiffen chassis with extra spot-welding  (like Colt Version R!)
  • Improved manual gearbox from ZC32s
  • Paddle shifters for AT gearbox
  • Monroe suspensions with thicker ARBs and further tuned for handling
  • 195/45R17, weird profile
  • standard safety with 6 airbags, ESP and E-brake auto hazard light.
  • unlike ZC32s, the boot size remains similar to the regular Swifts at 265 liters..

Probable:

• CO2 at about 128g/km, PM+NOx is about 0.027g/km. That puts the VES band to borderline C1 with Surcharge of 10k more (the NOx missed if by 0.003g/km).  :a-bang:
  • Germany model has Bluetooth, Appleplay and Android Auto, Cruise Control, GPS Navigation, collision mitigation, TPMS, e-brake assist (like Nissan Pulsar) Not sure if they will be included for our version.

JDM specs on

CO2: 141.6

CO 1.15

NO 0.025

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/about/csr/environmental_info/pdf/swiftsport.pdf

JDM specs on

CO2: 141.6

CO 1.15

NO 0.025

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/about/csr/environmental_info/pdf/swiftsport.pdf

Thanks. My previous readings is from euro vitara S with same engine.

Looking at the NOx confirm band C1. Unless they use 16" to reduce the reading... lol

The CO reading I think based on diff calculations.

0.025 vs 0.024 is really bang walls

Official Promo video is out! Damn "Initial D"que...looks way out of the demographic I belong to.

As suspected the initial release pic looks underwhelming due to the angle.

These official photos actually looks not bad!

EPlXThA.jpg

27ReOcO.jpg

MJgP2Lk.jpg

Looks like Veloster Turbo? This angle tells you it's totally different.

Its grille more angular and indented compared to the rounder grille of the Veloster.

Oxuj6RT.jpg

Q4Veh8h.jpg

The front-mounted intercooler is pretty long. 

eQp6DSg.jpg

It incorporates a mild hybrid system that running the initial electric motor and charged from the brakes!

6B14Ydw.jpg

This got me excited. Does this means the ZC33 is a hybrid 1.4T? I hate the start/stop though....

You have any idea if there are differences between the export and JDM model? I don't mind to go with PI if there are JDM specs.

Due to COE prices, ZC32 did not sell as well as 31. More so for the MT. I see a lot more AT 32 than MT. Hope CM will bring in MT as usual and not the indent rubbish from MI.

The size of the rims are fine, it's the stock ride height to turns people off. I did lowering as the one of my first mod. lol.  I had 15s, 16s and 17s on my previous 31. still prefer 15 with thick donut semi slicks, followed by 17's with thinner walls.

This got me excited. Does this means the ZC33 is a hybrid 1.4T? I hate the start/stop though....

Sorry wrong info. The hybrid is for the 1.0 dualjet. Not the 1.4 boosterjet.

So the zc33s is still the regular fair..

You have any idea if there are differences between the export and JDM model? I don't mind to go with PI if there are JDM specs.

Due to COE prices, ZC32 did not sell as well as 31. More so for the MT. I see a lot more AT 32 than MT. Hope CM will bring in MT as usual and not the indent rubbish from MI.

The size of the rims are fine, it's the stock ride height to turns people off. I did lowering as the one of my first mod. lol. I had 15s, 16s and 17s on my previous 31. still prefer 15 with thick donut semi slicks, followed by 17's with thinner walls.

But coe for CAT b still very high. Think this model will be priced 10% higher than zc32s(average $99k+-).

Dunno how well will it sell at this price. But then sure can sell like hotcake if under $99k. Hehe.

But coe for CAT b still very high. Think this model will be priced 10% higher than zc32s(average $99k+-).

Dunno how well will it sell at this price. But then sure can sell like hotcake if under $99k. Hehe.

99 will be perfect for me. Lol. But looking at pi selling the 1.2 @ 89k. Cm will probably sell the same @ 95k. Ss will then be around 110k before any ves. My guess is probably between 110 to 120k.

Other details from the press release:

Confirmed:

• 140ps and 230nm 1.4l Boosterjet engine confirmed
  • Wheelbase is 20mm longer, height is 15mm lower, tyre thread is 40mm wider
  • Improved stiffen chassis with extra spot-welding  (like Colt Version R!)
  • Improved manual gearbox from ZC32s
  • Paddle shifters for AT gearbox
  • Monroe suspensions with thicker ARBs and further tuned for handling
  • 195/45R17, weird profile
  • standard safety with 6 airbags, ESP and E-brake auto hazard light.
  • unlike ZC32s, the boot size remains similar to the regular Swifts at 265 liters..

Probable:

• CO2 at about 128g/km, PM+NOx is about 0.027g/km. That puts the VES band to borderline C1 with Surcharge of 10k more (the NOx missed if by 0.003g/km).  :a-bang:
  • Germany model has Bluetooth, Appleplay and Android Auto, Cruise Control, GPS Navigation, collision mitigation, TPMS, e-brake assist (like Nissan Pulsar) Not sure if they will be included for our version.

I think shouldn't refer to official figures. As you know, LTA like to geh kiang and do their own measurement, like what happened with the first Tesla in SG. Instead of taking manufacturer specs, they measure again and ownself declare how much to charge.

By the time LTA is done with measurement, maybe shoot up to C2 liao. 

Test driving the Sport in Japan

Form the video, the exhaust sounded quite bassy in the interior..

Edited by Pocus