2018 Suzuki Swift Sport 1.4 Turbo

Pocus

The zc32 needs 95. However in Japan there are only 2 grades of petrol regular which is 90ron and high octane which is 96RON. So likely they detuned it for the overseas market but kept zc32 as high octane.

Confirm that zc33 needs ç¡éãã¬ãã¢ã ã¬ã½ãªã³. Which means unleaded premium gasoline as per the catalog.

The m16a in zc32 is slightly different from 31 with slightly lower compression ratio and i think a delay in ignition (not sure, hearsay from others) to cater for lower octane fuel. But the performance is reduced with 95.

Great to confirm that zc33 can take 95 but most will still pump 98 for that extra kick.

1k less. The 10k difference in price range is taking VES into account. Apparently the car has not complete the VES test yet..

Cant praise you but thanks for the info!
↡ Advertisement

The m16a in zc32 is slightly different from 31 with slightly lower compression ratio and i think a delay in ignition (not sure, hearsay from others) to cater for lower octane fuel. But the performance is reduced with 95.

Great to confirm that zc33 can take 95 but most will still pump 98 for that extra kick.

Cant praise you but thanks for the info!

its 96 and up. catalog for JDM. in japan only 2 types of fuel. 90RON and 96RON

1k less. The 10k difference in price range is taking VES into account. Apparently the car has not complete the VES test yet..

for a small car 10k makes a big diff. 102k will sell relatively well. 112k...bleeeh...

I got word that the Swift Sport from PI is expected to be in the region of 102k to 112k based on current COE trends. MT and AT is 1k difference.

The finally price will be confirmed around April to May.

So Champion Motors 1.0l Swift might sell towards end 80 over k?

I got word that the Swift Sport from PI is expected to be in the region of 102k to 112k based on current COE trends. MT and AT is 1k difference.

The finally price will be confirmed around April to May.

who will pay such a price for this car? there are tons of alternative for this price range.

• Praise 2

Example?

bro, we have civic 1.6, mazda 5, cx5, Toyota wise, ch-r, Subaru xv...

these brand all sound louder than Suzuki right? they really have to be very careful on their pricing strategy.

• Praise 1

who will pay such a price for this car? there are tons of alternative for this price range.

Anything higher than 102k probably a no-go. Around 100k probably still one of the best power-to-weight ratio cars around. 

• Praise 1

Have, suzuki swift die hard fan lo.  :D

Tonnes? I count here and there only like 7-8 cars notably, PI honda fit/Vezel, vios, Mazda 2, mitsubishi star/attrage, Nissan note e.g

Not many like u say tonnes lah.

bro, we have civic 1.6, mazda 5, cx5, Toyota wise, ch-r, Subaru xv...

these brand all sound louder than Suzuki right? they really have to be very careful on their pricing strategy.

I think you guys have mistaken the Swift Sport here as a run-in-the-mill bread and butter car. It's no longer like the old 125bhp version which place itself as a sporty version of hatchbacks. Suzuki had place this model to be more of an entry-level hot hatch.

Let's look at some of the facts here:

1. 1.4 Turbo with 140bhp doesn't sound much, but with the kerb weight of 970kg the power-weight-ratio is 144bhp/tonne, which is better than a Civic Turbo or BRZ and on Par with the Forester XT.
  2. The high torque makes this one of the best torque-to-weight ratio at 237nm/tonne, which is better than the WRX and just right behind the Golf GTI.
  3. The measured 0-100km for this car, based on youtube videos in Japan is about 6.5 sec (Auto version)
  4. The handling, suspension and chassis has been specially tuned for sporty driving.

So you see, you cannot compare those example you mentioned cos the Swift Sport is a different animal, and it's not even a cat A COE car.

So far I can only match it with a only a few:

• Alfa Romeo Giulietta - much more exp
  • Audi A3 Sportback - much more exp
  • Hyundai i30 - poor power-to-weight ratio and normal 0-100 timings
  • 1.5 VTEC Turbo - 130k range
  • Hyundai Kona 1.6 Turbo -130k range
  • Mini Cooper S - much much more exp
  • Mit Eclipse Cross - poor power-to-weight ratio and normal 0-100 timings, 130k too
  • Renault Megane GT - more exp
  • Subaru BRZ - more exp
  • Volvo V40 Cross - more exp

If you want the manual fun:

• The closest I found is Civic Turbo Manual from PI at 130k

But I agree we won't see this alot in SG roads, it's a niche lifestyle car, but an affordable one. 112-102k for a Mini Cooper S-like car, why not?

Want a run-in-the-mill bread and butter Suzuki to compete with the hatchback market, the regular Swift with 108bhp/160nm will be priced around 80kish range.

Sorry if I sound bias but you should know by now I'm a Suzuki fan :D. I just have a thing for manual hot hatches.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 4

How many last gen Swift Sports on the roads?

I believe every 10 Swifts sold then, only about 1 is Swift Sports.

The last gen model was a bit of a disappointment. It didn’t move the game forward in terms of powertrain (wtf....CVT in a NA ‘hot hatch?), price (unfortunately came out at high COE era) and the boring looks. The ‘same old same old’ design formula onli works for iconic cars like the 911 and Golf. But Swift is an appliance. Hopefully the new model does better.

I think you guys have mistaken the Swift Sport here as a run-in-the-mill bread and butter car. It's no longer like the old 125bhp version which place itself as a sporty version of hatchbacks. Suzuki had place this model to be more of an entry-level hot hatch.

• 1.4 Turbo with 140bhp doesn't sound much, but with the kerb weight of 970kg the power-weight-ratio is 144bhp/tonne, which is better than a Civic Turbo or BRZ and on Par with the Forester XT.
  • The high torque makes this one of the best torque-to-weight ratio at 237nm/tonne, which is better than the WRX and just right behind the Golf GTI.
  • The measured 0-100km for this car, based on youtube videos in Japan is about 6.5 sec (Auto version)
  • The handling, suspension and chassis has been specially tuned for sporty driving.
So you see, you cannot compare those example you mentioned cos the Swift Sport is a different animal, and it's not even a cat A COE car.

• Mit Eclipse Cross - poor power-to-weight ratio and normal 0-100 timings, 130k too
  • Subaru BRZ - more exp
But I agree we won't see this alot in SG roads, it's a niche lifestyle car, but an affordable one. 112-102k for a Mini Cooper S-like car, why not?

Want a run-in-the-mill bread and butter Suzuki to compete with the hatchback market, the regular Swift with 108bhp/160nm will be priced around 80kish range.

Sorry if I sound bias but you should know by now I'm a Suzuki fan :D. I just have a thing for manual hot hatches.

Yup. One needs to be adept in driving a manual and try the swift sports. It’s a breath of fresh air in terms of handling. The light weight really brings out the character of the handling. It’s so chuckable. Power isn’t that great till 80km/h still ok in our stop go traffic but higher speeds will see it struggling for more power.

From the YouTube videos of the zc33s, it looks very much improved for the pickup. Maybe after market timers who bump up the boost to get around 160hp will make to power just right.

• 1.4 Turbo with 140bhp doesn't sound much, but with the kerb weight of 970kg the power-weight-ratio is 144bhp/tonne, which is better than a Civic Turbo or BRZ and on Par with the Forester XT.
  • The high torque makes this one of the best torque-to-weight ratio at 237nm/tonne, which is better than the WRX and just right behind the Golf GTI.
  • The measured 0-100km for this car, based on youtube videos in Japan is about 6.5 sec (Auto version)
  • The handling, suspension and chassis has been specially tuned for sporty driving.

• Subaru BRZ - more exp

Well sum up!

The only make lower price than this from the above list is Hyundai i30.

0-100 is like 9s. Still a decent car.

But the swift with definitely give you more smiles on your face :)

• Praise 1

SS is indeed a very good car.  Engine is still fairly quiet after doing over 200,000km and it handles well too.  Everything in the cabin is still fully functional after >10 years including the stock radio  [laugh]

I had never considered Suzukis in the past but chanced upon a used SS when I was hunting for a temp ride to replace my previous car which was due for scrap.  After driving my ZC11 for 2 years, my family and I were so happy with it that we decided to extend its COE. 

Cabin space is not too bad, except the legroom for rear passengers is a bit lacking...but not too uncomfy though.  Boot space is small as what other bros say.

I don't mind the new SS if it is priced right.  SSS is out of reach...

• Praise 5

• Subaru BRZ - more exp

Suzuki has always placed their swift sport in weird position. The old 31 and 32 while are good in their class, there isnt much competition in the 1.6na group. The only comparable was the 1.5 fit rs.

Now with the 1.4 boosterjet, they are only tuned to produce 140 ponies. Alfa can do 170 while honda did the same with their 1.5t. I mean, they can tune abit more to match some of their competitors. Dont get me wrong, i am huge sss fan too and will probably get this new model in the future. I just feel weird they way suzuki is marketing their swift sport.

↡ Advertisement