What u do when people open door and hit side of your car

Robalic

Looks like most people have to start their basic manners lesson again. Even people on the street, buses and train, seems like everyone only live in their own world and do not bother about people around them.

Make a comment here. Sometimes it's not people dun wanna apologise but once they apologise it's an admission of guilt.

Now that is fine. He IS guilty after all. But the problem comes when an unreasonable car owner demands and unreasonable amount of compensation as a result and the apology by the offending party will be taken as proof and if person is bad enough, tape down the apology and report to insurance. A small scratch on door become total respray, for example.

It happens in the private sector in the service line and once people see that apologies can cause more problems, they take the lessons there to the car park, so to speak.

Just alternative view. Peace.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Will get off the car and pull down my pants and we compare whose dong is longer!

Since ownership of car in Singapore is a matter of penile girth, the question is now is only who is longer!

What if there offender were female? Dongs vs....

Or offender happens to be a gay? You sure you wanna compare dongs with him?

Make a comment here. Sometimes it's not people dun wanna apologise but once they apologise it's an admission of guilt.

Now that is fine. He IS guilty after all. But the problem comes when an unreasonable car owner demands and unreasonable amount of compensation as a result and the apology by the offending party will be taken as proof and if person is bad enough, tape down the apology and report to insurance. A small scratch on door become total respray, for example.

It happens in the private sector in the service line and once people see that apologies can cause more problems, they take the lessons there to the car park, so to speak.

Just alternative view. Peace.

Make a comment here... sometimes its not people dun wanna be reasonable. but since its their fault.. why cannot apologize?

Now if you apologize, then i would consider being reasonable! but i have to waste my time, loss of car.. to go down and respray my car... whatever the area of damage. 

Is it so difficult to at least hear an apology?

Just alternative view.. Peace! 

******* for fun nia ah!!!  :XD:

• Praise 3

Make a comment here... sometimes its not people dun wanna be reasonable. but since its their fault.. why cannot apologize?

Now if you apologize, then i would consider being reasonable! but i have to waste my time, loss of car.. to go down and respray my car... whatever the area of damage.

Is it so difficult to at least hear an apology?

Just alternative view.. Peace!

******* for fun nia ah!!! :XD:

Yah, just own up and say sori. Happened to me once. Just opened the door a little bit but knn whole doors swinged out. He looked at me, BOH pain I got to say sori....

• Praise 2

I think even they apologize, what done cannot be undone. if these people can be more sensitive and civic minded in the first place, then they would not damage other people car door and no need to apologize.

I think it's also the door hinge itself.. dunno how to describe that but there is a resistance at various stages.

Once u overcome the first stage, the door will swing out a distance, then the next till the final where the door is finally wide open.

My doors are rather heavy and have the problem that if I'm not careful to hold on to it as it passes the resistance, it'll swing onto the guy beside.

Kids especially will have this difficulty handling the door.

• Praise 1

I think it's also the door hinge itself.. dunno how to describe that but there is a resistance at various stages.

Once u overcome the first stage, the door will swing out a distance, then the next till the final where the door is finally wide open.

My doors are rather heavy and have the problem that if I'm not careful to hold on to it as it passes the resistance, it'll swing onto the guy beside.

Kids especially will have this difficulty handling the door.

Kid always boh chap one lah. I always tell them to be mindful when opening the door but it still happen...

Hiaz, face palm....

do the same and make sure u do it harder.

despise this kind of menace. no respect for others' properties. [furious]

Once an AMDL woman opened her door and banged my car, while I was inside.

While still inside, I opened my door, banged her car back ... and asked her what's her problem?

She just looked at me and walked away.

I found out later that her's was a rented car!

Edited by merc280v6

Lol

The last time it happened

I changed car

Once, I just got my brand new car ... drove it out of the AD and parked in a public car park.

When I returned to my car shortly, there was another car parked next to mine ... with a small boy in the rear and his ah kong resting on the driver's seat.

Both the front and rear doors on the side nearer to my car were fully ajar (for ventilation I suppose, since his engine was off).

The boy was playing some phone game and was jumping up and down violently, while seated.

When I went around to my side of the car, I could see the opened rear door grazing up and down against my rear door!

Inspected the spot and saw a vertical abrasion line on my brand new car!

Last year driving around the Adelaide Hills we stopped for some food.

I opened the car door and the wind blew it from my grip although I was holding it tight but one handed.

It hit the car next to me and a big Australian got out quite angry.

I explained the situation said I took resposibility and what did he want as compensation.

He looked at the mark on his car, not big but you could see it if you knew it was there, had a shout and moan and then got back into his car and drove away.

Question : Anybody got dis æ´ç?

Kenna 1 dent must re-spray the whole dam door!ð±

If kena like merc280v6 with the vertical abrasion plus paint chipped off, I would.

I can't tahan seeing something like that everyday.

If dents, then I accumulate more then go pdr and fix when I am in the area.

Not worth to go pdr for 1 or 2 dents as their charges is more favorable if you have more dents.

Edited by Ken_leong
  • Praise 1

Looking at all the littering around Our public carparks, and you Will realised how inconsiderate local car owners are, so with this kind of drivers around, do expect to have new dents every week lol.

I agree,

Dunno why so csn be so inconsiderate to throw rubbish at the the carpark lot.

• Praise 1

it's a very hard knock! anyways if u really wanna pursue, can lodge police report then with this u can go claim insurance, they will pay out

Really??!! But I don't even know where it got hit and when
  • Praise 1

Maybe all car doors to be auto sliding type then no more dents [:p]

Think Citroen came out one before that slide downwards. Maybe production costs were too high and it didn't take off
  • Praise 1