What u do when people open door and hit side of your car

Robalic

Some like someone I know....dio boh @radx ?

:D

Park at home and take mrt then transfer by bus ............. peace of mind

That leaves a lot to imagination..... :D

Last year driving around the Adelaide Hills we stopped for some food.

I opened the car door and the wind blew it from my grip although I was holding it tight but one handed.

It hit the car next to me and a big Australian got out quite angry.

I explained the situation said I took resposibility and what did he want as compensation.

He looked at the mark on his car, not big but you could see it if you knew it was there, had a shout and moan and then got back into his car and drove away.

There was once this Uncle opened his door and knocked my door twice. Open close and open again. I wind down my window and said: hey Uncle.... he was those Uncle with a very "kind" look and kept saying sorry sorry with a smile. Sigh,see his face also no heart to scold him. Suck thumb.

Edited by Extremme

Really ah where is the dent? The PDR guys manage to take out the dents in places I thought could not.

i ordered a door molding from the states for my car, its not oem but it looks the part, can protect from most knocks against regular cars (front door)

No paint chipped off but it's on the "bar", revol said cannot do the normal PDR process. Need to respray etc

post-125497-0-92191700-1505563266_thumb.jpg

If serious dent then no choice talk to him and ask for compensation to repair.

If he refuse then file for hit and run then report insurance. LOL! 

Open the door and bang him back is a big NO.

some few years back, i have a friend who is in the same situation, he took pictures of the dent and his paint that is on the other car door edge and filed a claim against that fellow and he is successful (his car is repaired in the dealer workshop and was replaced with a new door)...2 cents

• Praise 1

You try this company, maybe email/call first. They got a dent out where I thought was impossible to remove.

I saw a old channel U video where they were like 1st in the business lol so I went there, no guarantee's but worth another shot.

http://www.pdr.com.sg/

No paint chipped off but it's on the "bar", revol said cannot do the normal PDR process. Need to respray etc

• Praise 2

You try this company, maybe email/call first. They got a dent out where I thought was impossible to remove.

I saw a old channel U video where they were like 1st in the business lol so I went there, no guarantee's but worth another shot.

http://www.pdr.com.sg/

Ok let me try them. Thks

This one considered Hit and Run? :blink:  :D

some few years back, i have a friend who is in the same situation, he took pictures of the dent and his paint that is on the other car door edge and filed a claim against that fellow and he is successful (his car is repaired in the dealer workshop and was replaced with a new door)...2 cents

I am in my car and this guy who opens door and hit my side and he just look at me and did not apologize what do u guys do when u in this situation

I park at public carpark within my own space nicely he park more to my side

When he is not around you give him four flat tyres

• Praise 1

think most people will agree say this kind is bad luck and sian have to suck it up as part of owning a car. if really want to claim i think have to install 360 cameras or side cameras...cost of installation and battery running costs will be same as fixing dents and paint scratches in the long run ba albeit more leceh

think most people will agree say this kind is bad luck and sian have to suck it up as part of owning a car. if really want to claim i think have to install 360 cameras or side cameras...cost of installation and battery running costs will be same as fixing dents and paint scratches in the long run ba albeit more leceh

agree.. suck thumb and continue your life.. haha

Dents can repair.

But once the paint chipped, then cannot liao.

I prefer chip than dent. If chip i can still use touch up paint myself.

Even if my touch up skill not good, from far still not so eye soring as dent

Edited by Lotr8445r

repost, realized post wrong thread previously.

happened to me recently ECP mac carpark, was in the car, I usually park defensively(I'd find corner lots etc) or try to give as much space, I driving a small hatchback now.

1 toyota sedan came, plenty of space for him, open door bang damn hard, his body language is "I don't give a fudge to surrounding cars, I open my car doors however I like".

day to day I'm considered a very civil person but in this case I wind down and let out a "wtf?", he act blur like never hear I went out of the car and "wtf?" again, all of a sudden he went from a fully functional individual to Stephen Hawking body language, act blur and walked away(absolutely no offense meant to Stephen Hawking).

went to coffee bean spot him again, LL lor, courtesy is scarce these days.

Solution to all these problem?

Just try to drive the least expensive car than the rest of the population.

I notice that "i don't give a fudge" attitude is more prevalent the older and more beat up the car is. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1