Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can I apply my own car loan for a new car instead of using those banks recommend by the SE?

Cos I see POSB offering a low interest rate for online application compare to those apply thru SE.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can I apply my own car loan for a new car instead of using those banks recommend by the SE?

Cos I see POSB offering a low interest rate for online application compare to those apply thru SE.

You need to check as some of the AD / PI will remove the discount / rebate from the Car Price if you get your own car loan instead of using the car loan package that they offer.

Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Full cash best! Need not pay interest. :D

"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

From what I know, Honda n Hyundai doesn't insist on u taking loan through them n hence u can apply for this POSB loan directly yourself. For most other makes, if u don't take loan n insurance from them, car price will be higher as they won't give u the loan n insurance discounts. Hope this helps.
Doppel, Vid, Mahjong74, Mercs, Bluepica and Staff69 praised this

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

ianonline
  • Premium member
    ianonline
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, this is the first post i'm making here in the forum. I'm planning to buy a used car with 2+ years left. To test the water, i tried applying online for car loan. After submission of all income documents,  I received an in principle approval from DBS. The interest rate they gave me is 1.99%.

If ever i take this loan, what happens next? 

=========

To activate this loan, email to Dbs.com'>carloanDbs.com the following:

• Vehicle Sales Agreement (VSA)
  • A copy of the Seller’s Logcard
  • Declaration Form

=========

Assuming i have all of these documents sent out and received/approved by DBS, what happens next? Will DBS issue a check with the full amount payable to the car dealer?  or it will be DBS who will deal directly with the vendor?

one of the car dealer was not happy to hear that i applied on my own, one even said that LOANS/Insurance should be under them. and instead offered me to pay in CASH instead. if my point above is correct then it's just like giving them CASH, since it will be between me and dbs after that.

Please advise.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

the car dealer wants to make from your insurance and loan bcos they get referral fees.  All are like that one.  buy direct from owner is better n u dont get into such tussle.

of cos pay cash is best.  All the rich people say one.

Edited by Ahbengdriver, 07 October 2017 - 09:25 AM.

Doppel praised this
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Wolfverine
  • Premium member
    Wolfverine
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Anything also possible to discuss with SE as long as you have not inked on the dotted line. Once done, you are now at the mercy of the SE [laugh]

Doppel praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: car loan, loan, car, apply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users