Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic | 31 praises

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Ilmw
  • Ilmw
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was at VW Alexandra 1st week of Sep 2017.

According to SE, Golf facelift (mk7.5) is already in Tuas, undergoing LTA homologation process. All SEs have already been there to look at the cars, with photos in their mobile phones. Spec sheets have already been drawn up, which I got a glimpse on SE's mobile phones.

Some sketchy (I don't have complete picture) details:

Current Golf 1.2 will be replaced with facelift 1.0

New 1.4 will again have two versions, named ComfortLine or TrendLine or HighLine or something.

Facelift 1.5 is nowhere in sight.

GTI and R is also in the works.

Active Info Display is "deemed a high-end feature", and only available in the highest models: GTI and above.

ACC (adaptive cruise control) is again nowhere in sight.

Currently clearing Golf stocks (all ex-stock, limited colors) to make way for the facelifts. They shouldn't have any problems since Cat A just drop a massive 7K on 06-Sep 2017.

Doppel, Eyke and Tianmo praised this

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thanks for the info.

Was considering and "waiting" for the VW Golf Mk7.5 to be launched in Singapore.

But after three VW cars, with MU failures on two of them, decided to give VW a pass this time.

It's a great car, provided you have "priced in" the reliability of the DSG gearbox.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

my younger bro just collected his  7 yr si lu ko, hope that his car is more reliable than mine.

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my younger bro just collected his 7 yr si lu ko, hope that his car is more reliable than mine.

I'm surprised you didn't stop him from buying since personally u had so much issues with your VW. Scirocco reputed to be as bad if not worse than Golf. I personally know of 2 Rocco owners and both had issues with their GB n sold off their cars at more than expected losses. It's a nice car aesthetically but the GB problems shld be inherent in this 7 yrs old car though I suppose they had changed the GB already?
Mercs praised this

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I am sure your SE mention that all the 7.5 1.4 and above comes with wet clutched.

Now is to watch if the GTi is again dumb spec without the Performance Pack.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I'm surprised you didn't stop him from buying since personally u had so much issues with your VW. Scirocco reputed to be as bad if not worse than Golf. I personally know of 2 Rocco owners and both had issues with their GB n sold off their cars at more than expected losses. It's a nice car aesthetically but the GB problems shld be inherent in this 7 yrs old car though I suppose they had changed the GB already?

told him liao, even told him to get Japanese.  what to do, not my money ma...

he can afford the downtime..

hopefully the car is ok for him

I am sure your SE mention that all the 7.5 1.4 and above comes with wet clutched.

Now is to watch if the GTi is again dumb spec without the Performance Pack.

looks like the 1.5 is the one to get.. I may look at golf only if wet clutch

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Felipe
  • Felipe
    Supercharged
    Author Image

told him liao, even told him to get Japanese.  what to do, not my money ma...

he can afford the downtime..

hopefully the car is ok for him

looks like the 1.5 is the one to get.. I may look at golf only if wet clutch

wet clutch last longer. dry clutch has shorter life span. but do note wet clutch is by itself more expensive. so the less parts replacement is already priced in. 

the misconception is dry is unreliable. it's not. u just need to replace the part earlier. 

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wet clutch last longer. dry clutch has shorter life span. but do note wet clutch is by itself more expensive. so the less parts replacement is already priced in. 

the misconception is dry is unreliable. it's not. u just need to replace the part earlier. 

like really earlier lo.. too early to think of replacement,

138K KM, travelled,

3 MUs, 4 clutch, 1 engine overhaul,

Doppel praised this

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

Felipe
  • Felipe
    Supercharged
    Author Image

like really earlier lo.. too early to think of replacement,
138K KM, travelled,

3 MUs, 4 clutch, 1 engine overhaul,

4 clutches means 2 times? Around 70k on average?

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

4 clutches means 2 times? Around 70k on average?

what u mean 2 times?

4 clutches means change clutch 3 times excluding stock clutch that comes with the car

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I have seen at workshop of GTi with 300,000km milage with zero changes of MU and clutches. So I am more incline to believe that the wet clutch with proper service regime at 50000km DSG oil change will suffice.

If the 1.5T comes with the cylinder deactivation, then I too am tempted to buy.

Edited by Sdf4786k, 13 September 2017 - 09:36 AM.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    5th Gear
    Author Image

my younger bro just collected his 7 yr si lu ko, hope that his car is more reliable than mine.

Buy 7 year old conti is quite brave ah.....
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

what u mean 2 times?

4 clutches means change clutch 3 times excluding stock clutch that comes with the car

Think his thinking stems from it being called a Dual Clutch Gearbox, so 1 change is 2 clutches.

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Buy 7 year old conti is quite brave ah.....

drove the car last week, GB seems fine, no hesitation during up/down shift.  mileage per clock at 80K, hopefully doesn't breakdown....

Think his thinking stems from it being called a Dual Clutch Gearbox, so 1 change is 2 clutches.

no no no, change 1 time is all the dual clutch la...

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Felipe
  • Felipe
    Supercharged
    Author Image

what u mean 2 times?

Ok need to understand more on y u change clutch.

At least for my alfa single dry clutch, jerky ride or judder happens in cold start. It gets smoother gradually. About 50k, i ask mechanic will new clutch eliminate jerks. I changed n jerks still happen.

My car is now 140k n i live with the jerks. No clutch change.

I get beeps n all sorts of warnings once awhile. I live with it. Life goes on

Not sure about yr vw but under wat circumstances u changed the clutch?

I have seen at workshop of GTi with 300,000km milage with zero changes of MU and clutches. So I am more incline to believe that the wet clutch with proper service regime at 50000km DSG oil change will suffice.

If the 1.5T comes with the cylinder deactivation, then I too am tempted to buy.

It's just one example. Got friend on vw dry clutch haven't changed at 100k.

Generally wet will last longer without a doubt. Factor in the higher price though

Back to Volkswagen Auto Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: volkswagen, volkswagenvolkswagen and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users