• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
125 replies to this topic | 828 praises

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Went to Hokkaido recently and would like to share some photos here. Famous for its flower flied and winter sports during winter, August is end of the summer season I think. Weather wise still cooling average around 22 C with morning and evening dropping to below 18C. This trip I rented a 8 seater and total distance covered is approx 1400 Km. While the speed limit for city is 50 km/hr and highway 80 km/hr, to maintain at 80 km/hr on highway is not so easy.

Took Scoot from Singapore and transit at Taiwan (1 hour transit time) Good break but just enough time to get on the plane. Landed in Sapporo early morning. This is a short of their air port. nowhere near Changi T1 but there are buses you can catch to town. I booked Unizo Inn next to Sapporo Grand Hotel.

Checked in and walk to collect my car which I booked with Budget car rental. It is within walking distance. Photos of a street shot in Sapporo and their underground train station (MRT).

Beside flower and snow, Japan is also about food. 1st stop is their famous Furano Cheese factory. But, it is more like a cafe and their cakes.

Attached Thumbnails

• 01- Saporo air port.jpg
  • 007.jpg
  • 010- Saporo train station.jpg
  • 018- Furano cheese factory.jpg
  • 020.jpg
  • 023.jpg

UncleAtas, Sdf4786k, SuPerBoRed, Tianmo, Tohto, Voodooman, Spring and 18 other members praised this

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

nice.. you went on the follow me to Japan tour or u DIY 

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Went to Hokkaido recently and would like to share some photos here. Famous for its flower flied and winter sports during winter, August is end of the summer season I think. Weather wise still cooling average around 22 C with morning and evening dropping to below 18C. This trip I rented a 8 seater and total distance covered is approx 1400 Km. While the speed limit for city is 50 km/hr and highway 80 km/hr, to maintain at 80 km/hr on highway is not so easy.

Took Scoot from Singapore and transit at Taiwan (1 hour transit time) Good break but just enough time to get on the plane. Landed in Sapporo early morning. This is a short of their air port. nowhere near Changi T1 but there are buses you can catch to town. I booked Unizo Inn next to Sapporo Grand Hotel.

Checked in and walk to collect my car which I booked with Budget car rental. It is within walking distance. Photos of a street shot in Sapporo and their underground train station (MRT).

Beside flower and snow, Japan is also about food. 1st stop is their famous Furano Cheese factory. But, it is more like a cafe and their cakes.

What 8 seater car and how much you paid?

More photo please...😄😄

Edited by Tohto, 10 September 2017 - 10:31 AM.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    5th Gear
    Author Image

highway 80 km/hr limit? driving on this kind of highway is very suffering experience

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

What 8 seater car and how much you paid?

More photo please...ðð

Car Rental w car seat x 2 and free wifi is SGD$900. for 9 days. i didnt drive the last day when I returned to Sapporo because my flight back is in the afternoon.

Yes I will share more photos. No sure can post so many at one go. wait kanna warning.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Car Rental w car seat x 2 and free wifi is SGD$900. for 9 days. i didnt drive the last day when I returned to Sapporo because my flight back is in the afternoon.

Yes I will share more photos. No sure can post so many at one go. wait kanna warning.

I don't think got limit.

I posted so many in tiko thread

and so far no warnings.

Post more photos.

A lot of us enjoy other people's photos.

:D

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

msia NSHW experience is the best [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know, 10 September 2017 - 07:03 PM.

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

msia NSHW experience is the best [thumbsup]

Yes the polis very friendly when issue u summon lol
Tonydeath praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes the polis very friendly when issue u summon lol

That's because they are getnlemen.

Offered to help me pay and also gave

me a 50% discount.

Malaysian Polis are the best that money can buy.

:D

Tonydeath praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

2nd day mainly see gardens. Farm Tomita, Lavender East Farm and Kamifurano

Attached Thumbnails

• 054.jpg
  • 098.jpg
  • 104.jpg
  • 126.jpg
  • 130.jpg
  • 137.jpg
  • 138.jpg
  • 145.jpg

Tohto, Cypress, BabyBlade and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:36 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

2nd day mainly see gardens. Farm Tomita, Lavender East Farm and Kamifurano

If I visit in June will be too early right?
Flower won't be blooming yet right?
July or Aug not possible as no more school holiday. 🙁

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

When we are there on 23rd Aug, not many Lavender left. So that is a bit late. The weather keep changing, but spring should be fine I guess. However, there was a park Takino Suzuran Hillside Park we when, the lavender is growing well. I have photos which I will share. If you have children, they will also like the park, it is a nice park.

Stop by this place before via to Lake Shikotsu  and Houkusei Hill Observatory. Peaceful and nice Sunflowers.

The red bridge is called Sikotsu-Toya Nation Park.

Attached Thumbnails

• 022.jpg
  • 075.jpg
  • 187.jpg
  • 193.jpg
  • 194.jpg
  • 158.jpg
  • 185.jpg
  • 181- Lake Shikotsu.jpg

BabyBlade praised this

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The flowers are there all the way to early/ mid October.

Dun worry about posting multiple photos unless beyond system's capacity (only size per photo afaik).

But it is better to seperate your pics into smaller chunks per post to make it more reader friendly with descriptions. Or eles it will be just a huge wall of confusing pictures.
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

next stop by Toya-Usu Global Geopark, Lake Toya, Lake Hill Farm before going to Unoma Park

Attached Thumbnails

• 203.jpg
  • 218.jpg
  • 222.jpg
  • 229.jpg
  • 242.jpg
  • 255.jpg
  • 266.jpg
  • 279.jpg

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I was told July is the best time. When we visited on June, the flowers were not in full bloom yet, but you can see the patterns taking shape!

Edited by Fitvip, 11 September 2017 - 08:31 PM.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

In summer, over at Lake Toya, they have fireworks for about 30 minutes every evening. So do book somewhere with a lake view. Otherwise, you can also drive to the lakeside to watch. Parking is free there.

Next day drive towards Hakodate via Yukamo rest stop. Here, those with children there is a indoor playground which is free. Nothing great but a good break.

At Hakodate, you get to visit the local morning market, drive up the observatory tower to see the city and the Red Brick Warehouse.

Attached Thumbnails

• 295.jpg
  • 303.jpg
  • 329.jpg
  • 332.jpg
  • 340.jpg
  • 336.jpg
  • 314.jpg

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:44 AM

SGCMmaomao
  • Premium member
    SGCMmaomao
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bro, how many people you brought along? Whats your damage on ur 10 days trips? :a-happy:

I Love Cats & Dogs!

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Bro, how many people you brought along? Whats your damage on ur 10 days trips? :a-happy:

4 adults and 2 kids. 3 yrs and another 3 months. stayed in B&B and budget hotels. fly scoot but have good food which is part of Japan tour. around SDG$10 K not including purchased items brought home. 

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

SGCMmaomao
  • Premium member
    SGCMmaomao
    6th Gear
    Author Image

4 adults and 2 kids. 3 yrs and another 3 months. stayed in B&B and budget hotels. fly scoot but have good food which is part of Japan tour. around SDG$10 K not including purchased items brought home. 

My partner and i saving $$ for this trip.. I tell her smelly smelly must have $10k each to go.. wah hahahaha~~ 

I Love Cats & Dogs!

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My partner and i saving $$ for this trip.. I tell her smelly smelly must have $10k each to go.. wah hahahaha~~ 

$10k per person. you are planning for a great honeymoon there? no need lah. I think $3K + quite relax liao. unless you intend to stay much longer

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hokkaido, japan, holiday, days and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users