COE Car - Nissan Sunny 2006 Auto VS Nissan March 2004 Auto

wongykang

Dear All,

saw on the ad, both cars got my attention. I am thinking of getting a short term cars to tight over my sales business. Just started my business with my partner. So, we do not wish to fork out too much on car, but car is essential for me. Not considering van for now.

Auto short term drive would be ideal, anything that is over 1.5 years would be good as once business stablized or doing better, will opt to upgrade and change to better or newer car.

** i am trading in my proton savvy 5month left car, with2.7 Scarp value plus abit on body. and i do not intend to throw in alot of down payment. max is use my trade in value to offset a little bit.

Nissan March, 1.4C Auto. 2004. COE expired 2019 oct? selling 15800, 

Nissan Sunny, 1.6 Auto, 2006, COE expired May 2021, about 21800-22800

Which one is more ideal?

heard sunny is very high FC?

how about march? good for short term drive?

and if mid way i wana sell off this car, to upgrade, what are the implication and things that i will foresee?

↡ Advertisement

Dear All,

saw on the ad, both cars got my attention. I am thinking of getting a short term cars to tight over my sales business. Just started my business with my partner. So, we do not wish to fork out too much on car, but car is essential for me. Not considering van for now.

Auto short term drive would be ideal, anything that is over 1.5 years would be good as once business stablized or doing better, will opt to upgrade and change to better or newer car.

** i am trading in my proton savvy 5month left car, with2.7 Scarp value plus abit on body. and i do not intend to throw in alot of down payment. max is use my trade in value to offset a little bit.

Nissan March, 1.4C Auto. 2004. COE expired 2019 oct? selling 15800, 

Nissan Sunny, 1.6 Auto, 2006, COE expired May 2021, about 21800-22800

Which one is more ideal?

heard sunny is very high FC?

how about march? good for short term drive?

and if mid way i wana sell off this car, to upgrade, what are the implication and things that i will foresee?

Why u not consider Leasing?

Edited by Sci10213
  • Praise 1

Nissan Latio Vs Sunny would be a closer and tough choice

Sunny is bigger can store more things as compared to march.

But the mileage is pretty high for the sunny

Edited by Rustyz

Leasing a car easily over the thousand. 1.2 to 1.3k at least.

Sunny mileage I don't know yet. What is a good gauge of good n bad mileage?

Leasing a car easily over the thousand. 1.2 to 1.3k at least.

Sunny mileage I don't know yet. What is a good gauge of good n bad mileage?

Why March bcos it is until 2019 only. The ideal period I am looking at. No point commit myself to an old car till 2021....might lose more with longer loan period

March will be better choice if u can bargain for a lower price. Left 2 yrs to drive probably dealer will have difficulty selling. But if u decide to sell the march 1 yr later, be prepared that dealer will hammer down your price cos left 1 yr, less buyers. I heard sunny has bad fuel consumption. My personal choice would be March if not much things to load into car. Also check the mileage of the car and ask if timing belt was changed.

Edited by currypuff

March will be better choice if u can bargain for a lower price. Left 2 yrs to drive probably dealer will have difficulty selling. But if u decide to sell the march 1 yr later, be prepared that dealer will hammer down your price cos left 1 yr, less buyers. I heard sunny has bad fuel consumption. My personal choice would be March if not much things to load into car. Also check the mileage of the car and ask if timing belt was changed.

Thanks. For me, the Holy Spirit is also leading me to March. But still need to check on the condition of it first.

And power wise I am not so particular as I am a light footer. Drive about 80-90km mostly. Its mainly for me to travel to places. Maybe weekend ferry family to dinner etc.

Mainly local usage. For now. Good FC and comfort of auto car is priority and not to. Chiong fast car etc.

Sales and business are all about first impressions..

a sunny is in this aspect..more suitable...

imagine meeting your clients in a small tight cagey vehicle...

plus a bigger car means you can do some grabpooling while on your way to meet customers.. [:p]

Thanks. For me, the Holy Spirit is also leading me to March. But still need to check on the condition of it first.

Er.......... your Holy Spirit already say March ; you still need MCF members opinion ?  The people here know cars better than God ?  [rolleyes]

• Praise 5

With parf value of only $2.7k, why not just renew your current vehicle? Within 1 yr u wanna scrap also don't lose much.

I was told by a dealer that if u renew coe and scrap it within the 0 - 2yr period, they will only refund you 80%. Better check it out first.

Sales and business are all about first impressions..

a sunny is in this aspect..more suitable...

imagine meeting your clients in a small tight cagey vehicle...

plus a bigger car means you can do some grabpooling while on your way to meet customers.. [:p]

Hv u sat in a march before?

Why I am gg auto now is becos currently my Proton is manual. And it's killing my left leg. The constant stepping on the clutch is doing harm to me. Now I just wanna drive with some level of comfort.

Sunny might tie me down too long until 2021. At least March is just for another 2 yrs. Even if I cut it off hand way and change to another car.. The lose wouldn't be so great as compared to sunny which might drag me till 2021...

Why I am gg auto now is becos currently my Proton is manual. And it's killing my left leg. The constant stepping on the clutch is doing harm to me. Now I just wanna drive with some level of comfort.

Sunny might tie me down too long until 2021. At least March is just for another 2 yrs. Even if I cut it off hand way and change to another car.. The lose wouldn't be so great as compared to sunny which might drag me till 2021...

Bro, u already know what u want. Since u going into business, must be decisive... If u find march acceptable, then ask for a discount and also ask them to include the inspection for you. Dont buy liao then go for inspection and fail this fail that. If no discount then ask them to cover inspection and renew half yr road tax for you. If they dont oblige then walk away

Bro, u already know what u want. Since u going into business, must be decisive... If u find march acceptable, then ask for a discount and also ask them to include the inspection for you. Dont buy liao then go for inspection and fail this fail that. If no discount then ask them to cover inspection and renew half yr road tax for you. If they dont oblige then walk away

How would I know if they really sent in the inspection? Ask them provide receipt?

Yup... When u collect the car, they will have to pass you the inspection cert. For road tax, they will give you the online payment receipt slip. Make sure they renew before you make payment and sign the takeover. If not, they will drag the renewal. I kana once before then had to keep chasing the dealer after i took over the car.

Just dont buy it hurriedly.

Edited by currypuff