PHV lelong sale coming?

Soya

You don't care? Pls don't sell ur cars on the used market.

Mileage is everything.

eh.. please. you know about car a not? reach 100k doesn't mean car cannot move anymore. It just mean more replacement parts to think about.

If mileage is so important, get new car.

• Praise 1

I don't think price will drop much. Anyway, Singapore car price depends on the OMV, ARF and COE. Where got care mileage clock 100k for 1 year old car? Even clock 200k at 1 year old, it still have 9 year lifespan and still cost the same as those clocked 100k mileage.

Not to worry, I'm sure many of the ex-PHV cars at used car dealer lots will have 'low mileage'......

Not to worry, I'm sure many of the ex-PHV cars at used car dealer lots will have 'low mileage'......

Agree, PH cars are not like taxis, they don't have to run around aimlessly like taxis just to clock miles to meet LTA's minimum daily mileage requirement.

No lar....

I am using my car to go work and my MIL old and can't walk properly. So my son or daughter could use the car to fetch her around. I start work early morning 6.30 am and returns only at evening 7.00 pm. I don't have to apply time off or leave..  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Ask your MIL to drive herself around?  [:p]

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

Getting more and more PHV from LCR selling in used car market ah? Now is 3000-4000? Wonder how much these cars are selling? Lol.

Who dare buy? Less than 2 yo car already >150,000 km if I remember correctly from somewhere I read. 

Agree, PH cars are not like taxis, they don't have to run around aimlessly like taxis just to clock miles to meet LTA's minimum daily mileage requirement.

Yeah. And used car dealer would probably say 'low mileage' coz its owner's 3rd car, drive onli to spa, church or tuition on weekends, owner always overseas, Wife dun like the car, etc, etc. You know, all the legit reasons.....

Yeah. And used car dealer would probably say 'low mileage' coz its owner's 3rd car, drive onli to spa, church or tuition on weekends, owner always overseas, Wife dun like the car, etc, etc. You know, all the legit reasons.....

Last resort they will just adjust the odo.

eh.. please. you know about car a not? reach 100k doesn't mean car cannot move anymore. It just mean more replacement parts to think about.

If mileage is so important, get new car.

You already mentioned more replacement part. Does that mean insignificant? The last time i Bought a used 9 yrs old corolla at $11k, the milage is 110k. I have to replace quiet a # of part. The duct/pipe even leak in the middle of traffic light with smoke coming out and i have to struggle to workshop for repair.

PHV car only 1+ years and more milages....Maybe safety is not a concerns to u

Edited by Lotr8445r

You already mentioned more replacement part. Does that mean insignificant? The last time i Bought a used 9 yrs old corolla at $11k, the milage is 110k. I have to replace quiet a # of part. The duct/pipe even leak in the middle of traffic light with smoke coming out and i have to struggle to workshop for repair.

most probably your crolla mileage was adjusted from 200k or more downwards..9 years old car easily can hit 180k la

• Praise 1

9 year old car how to compare to 1 year old car. 9 year old car all the plastic rubber all gone case already. No need to say all the consumables. The rubber and plastic gone case because it is 9 years old.

Don't equate 100k on odo as 9 years old car. A car can go up to 100k in 1 year and all the hose plastic part still in good condition. A 10k mileage car park under the sun for 9 years also can be damage inside even though the tyres thread still got 70%.

Please have some knowledge before you comment.

Impossible

Because most PH cars are bought when coe was high

So now kena triple whammy

1. High depreciation because coe high

2. Poor resale value cus mileage high and maintenance poor

3. Dropping coe trend

Another interesting question is how rich and how much cash flow these PHV companies are/have?

If they are bleeding bad, then they have no choice but to offload somehow, and fast. Then will see attractive prices.

If they are well supported (e.g. by Temasek), then they might be able to tahan and still afford to keep prices high, giving only little bit discounts from market prices.

If the former, worst case scenario, they will have to dereg the cars to get back pro-rated COE + PARF only = pain pain  [sweatdrop]

Last resort they will just adjust the odo.

They will not have the capacity to sell so many cars into the market. They will go through dealers, the moment those dealers take over, not last resort, the first thing they will do will  be to adjust the odo. 

• Praise 3

They will not have the capacity to sell so many cars into the market. They will go through dealers, the moment those dealers take over, not last resort, the first thing they will do will  be to adjust the odo. 

Haha, agree. Once I test drove a mercedes with 260,000km. A fews days later, the mileage became 75,000.

Another interesting question is how rich and how much cash flow these PHV companies are/have?

If they are bleeding bad, then they have no choice but to offload somehow, and fast. Then will see attractive prices.

If they are well supported (e.g. by Temasek), then they might be able to tahan and still afford to keep prices high, giving only little bit discounts from market prices.

If the former, worst case scenario, they will have to dereg the cars to get back pro-rated COE + PARF only = pain pain  [sweatdrop]

it is not PHV company. In this case, it is LCR. they are run by two share holders of Uber. They burning a separate bucket of money. Simple computation, assumption they have to write off  $5K  net loss per car of 4,4000 units, it  works out to be about $20 million, which is  a small sum to them.  

They will not have the capacity to sell so many cars into the market. They will go through dealers, the moment those dealers take over, not last resort, the first thing they will do will be to adjust the odo.

Yeah soon everyone will forget PHV cars even existed coz almost every Vezel, mz3, Vios, attrage, Corolla seems to be owned by rich folks who buy but hardly uses the car.....LOL

If these PHV are still under AD warranty, the so called vested parties might not tamper the mileage as the truth will come to light once the new owner send in for servicing; no?

LCR cars do not have warranty under AD.

They bulk purchase and squeeze every car they can.

That is why all models are basic as it can get.

This will be the most likely case. As it's not under AD warranty. They can adjust till cows go home.

↡ Advertisement