PHV lelong sale coming?

Soya

9 year old car how to compare to 1 year old car. 9 year old car all the plastic rubber all gone case already. No need to say all the consumables. The rubber and plastic gone case because it is 9 years old.

Don't equate 100k on odo as 9 years old car. A car can go up to 100k in 1 year and all the hose plastic part still in good condition. A 10k mileage car park under the sun for 9 years also can be damage inside even though the tyres thread still got 70%.

Please have some knowledge before you comment.

We don't use plastic and rubber for the engine, wheel, gear, aircon compressor etc.

Metal fatigue and wearing is by how much we use it. Not much on how long. Oxidation of metal parts will be insignificant if the usage is over 100k annual.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

We don't use plastic and rubber for the engine, wheel, gear, aircon compressor etc.

Metal fatigue and wearing is by how much we use it. Not much on how long. Oxidation of metal parts will be insignificant if the usage is over 100k annual.

I would like to dispute the sentence in bold.

Fuel hose for engine what material?

Coolant hose for engine what material?

Engine oil cap what material?

Fan belt what material?

Brake hose for wheel what material?

Electric connectors to ECU what material?

Electric connectors to Aircon compressor what material?

• Praise 1

I would like to dispute the sentence in bold.

Fuel hose for engine what material?

Coolant hose for engine what material?

Engine oil cap what material?

Fan belt what material?

Brake hose for wheel what material?

Electric connectors to ECU what material?

Electric connectors to Aircon compressor what material?

So for these things, mileage more critical or time more?

Can change engine and reuse the fuel hose and engine oil cap lor.

Change the radiator and reuse the coolant hose.

Change the brake and keep the brake hose since it is still young.

[:p]

Rental.

Have la. LCR buys Altis and Prius from Borneo. Kia K3, Mit Attrage and Lancer from C&C, and Mazda 3 from Eurokars.

agreed with u. Bro can Jus go to C&C pandan SVC CTR. Damn lots of lancer n attrage waiting for service Edited by alex976

Are u using your common sense or you work in a reliability department in an automotive industry? Do you know how we run test to qualify the reliability of component in car? Do u think we run test for 10 years to see the result or conduct acceleration test so that we can know the result earlier?

I don't do such stuff for living. But I do know things degrade over a period of time, and not all things degrade over period of usage. Take for example a brake hose. A 9 years old car brake hose got leak or split due to weather condition. But that does not means a 1 year old car that travel 100k Km will have that. Simply because the rubber or plastic or whatever material that use to make the hose still have the elasticity there and can last probably another 2 to 3 years.

I agree brake pads, engine oil, ATF and those consumables need to change. I don't think people need rocket science to tell what will break down in 1 year time vs what will need to be change in 9 years old car.

Your rational is pretty reasonable for static parts that sees a constant temperature(ie park under the sun). these parts mostly you can still drive even if they fail.

Not for parts that are rotating, compressed, stretched or static parts that constantly undergo thermal shock. Unfortunately, these are parts that deteriorate with use(mileage) and mostly you will have issues with the drive if they fail.

That's what I'm referring to. But sadly, most people think buying a used 1 year old car with 100k km, it is like need to change the whole car and just keep the doors, chassis and windows.

While there have been talks about PHV companies having rental cars in excess, the growth rate of rental cars  extracted from LTA website shows otherwise. The net  growth is still quite substantial though the % do have some slow down.

Still too early to determine as the new rulings only kicks in for 2 months. 

There will be still some takers for the present slow economy. 

So for these things, mileage more critical or time more?

Can change engine and reuse the fuel hose and engine oil cap lor.

Change the radiator and reuse the coolant hose.

Change the brake and keep the brake hose since it is still young.

[:p]

I am just pointing your incorrect statement. Not disputing about age of the items.

I don't do such stuff for living. But I do know things degrade over a period of time, and not all things degrade over period of usage. Take for example a brake hose. A 9 years old car brake hose got leak or split due to weather condition. But that does not means a 1 year old car that travel 100k Km will have that. Simply because the rubber or plastic or whatever material that use to make the hose still have the elasticity there and can last probably another 2 to 3 years.

I agree brake pads, engine oil, ATF and those consumables need to change. I don't think people need rocket science to tell what will break down in 1 year time vs what will need to be change in 9 years old car.

That's what I'm referring to. But sadly, most people think buying a used 1 year old car with 100k km, it is like need to change the whole car and just keep the doors, chassis and windows.

Totally agree. If the car dealer offer 2 same model, one car is a 1 yo PHV with 60,000km and the other is 3 yo car, previous owner is lady teacher's 2nd car, mileage is 6800km. Which is a safer buy?  

• Praise 1

Not every PHV car has high mileage. It depends on how often they are rented out.

When I took my rental car, it was about 15k km, maybe 1 yr old. Now after 6 months, it has 70k km.

If a rental car goes out, it average maybe 10k km a month, if full time driven.

Totally agree. If the car dealer offer 2 same model, one car is a 1 yo PHV with 60,000km and the other is 3 yo car, previous owner is lady teacher's 2nd car, mileage is 6800km. Which is a safer buy?

This is not a fair comparison because 1 year compare with 3 years , some more add in lady driver into the equation making the decision less straightforward.

The comparison should be for both 2 year old cars, one with a 100k km PHV car whereas the other one only 30k km private owner, and the price different by 5k or 10k, how to decide.

This is not a fair comparison because 1 year compare with 3 years , some more add in lady driver into the equation making the decision less straightforward.

The comparison should be for both 2 year old cars, one with a 100k km PHV car whereas the other one only 30k km private owner, and the price different by 5k or 10k, how to decide.

Personally i would get the 100k km PHV car for the 5-10k discount. Cars are not built to last only 10 years. This is what is only happening in SG with our COE system. 

Like wise, 150k km PHV regularly serviced as compared to 50k km rarely serviced, brake pad and tyres don't want to change. I would choose the PHV. 

100k km PHV for first year you buy, drive average 20k km per year afterwards. It's only 280k km at the end of 10 years.. High mileage yes. excessive no. I have seen 400k km non PHV, regularly drive up north. Still in very good condition. 

• Praise 1

Actually take attrage for example. How do they wanna price their cars?

Now C&C selling at 69k for brand new model. Those LCR attrage were bought when coe was 50k plus. Even selling at paper valueaybe only slightly cheaper than a brand new car.

But at the end of the day, somehow sure got people buy one.

Ibsaw sgcarmart new attrage price is 71,999?

Ibsaw sgcarmart new attrage price is 71,999?

You click promotion in the sgcarmart page will show 69,999.

Anyway when I went back for 10k servicing last Saturday, Mitsubishi showroom also showing attrage and space star at 69,999.

You click promotion in the sgcarmart page will show 69,999.

Anyway when I went back for 10k servicing last Saturday, Mitsubishi showroom also showing attrage and space star at 69,999.

I saw one space star on the road. Look quite tiny. Wonder how come not many on the road Edited by currypuff

The lady teachers 2nd car is also a phv la.
  • Praise 1