Anonymous Dislike function - Time for review?

Vratenza

I think i get the most.

Muayhahahaha!

Just bo chup lor.

Only lame people give anonymous dislikes.

Want to dislike just dislike lah why hide.

Anyway cant be bothered with these dislikers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9
  • Dislike 2

I still think "Agree" and "Disagree" will be more appropriate.

"Dislike" is like lim peh buay song with you. Many ppl get offended.

Difference of opinion is understandable, it isn't personal. The points deduction also give ppl the wrong impression. I think ppl should be allowed to disagree politely.

To me it's ok to "agree" or "disagree" ...with no grudges involved. Kindly consider changing to this. I don't mind if other forums are using the same. When it comes to opinion I think these are suitable words to use.

its not!...  its the comments that those ppl post .... 

i kenna before one crude... ''you stupid opposition supporter go get a better life and get our of singapore etc etc'' 

something like that...  

Question for the Mods...if kena enough dislike points...will one be demoted from say 5th gear back to 4th gear etc? Or is based solely on number of posts?

• Praise 1

its not!... its the comments that those ppl post ....

i kenna before one crude... ''you stupid opposition supporter go get a better life and get our of singapore etc etc''

something like that...

Recently I made a few posts in the president thread and I got a dislike , even though I didn't give any dislike and I was discussing amicably. I suspect that the deluge of dislikes in that thread, is placed by a troll who is trying to sow discord among forumer participating in that thread. Don't ask me why but base on my experience I just feel something is not right with suddenly so many dislikes and comments like what superbored posted as quoted, because I don't believe anyone without bad intention will make a post like that. Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 4

something like that...  

There's the other option "report" to get the admin to deal with the troll. Obviously he/she has crossed the line.

• Praise 1

There's the other option "report" to get the admin to deal with the troll. Obviously he/she has crossed the line.

i think i did... but i wld never know if the mods did anything abt it mah...  

• Praise 1

Personally, these are my views:

1. We all know different people think and feel differently, even for the same posting? Some may like it so much and cant wait to go another to give that posting a further 5 likes. Yet for some it is very distasteful.

The point is when you are brave enough to post something in world wide world, then you must also be brave enough for others to like or dislike our postings for whatever reasons.

2. Why only anonymous dislike function be reviewed and why not anonymous like function too?

3. Superbored, allured that moderators know who award others with dislike but so be it. It is their right. But their is integrity calls upon them when they share this anonymous like or dislike with a non moderator.

4. Frankly, it is difficult to control what ordinary members choose to do when even some moderators choose to give warnings based on a personal vendetta basis.  This is undeniable and I have been the receiving end.

5. For me, most of the time, I read the posting without referring to the poster. So some may be like me, may award likes or dislikes without realising who especially when you are surfing on a tiny screen mobile phone.

6. Most people are pathological liars. Many claim dislike so what after all cannot exchange for candle dinner with Radx. But the truth is it does hurt to some extend and this is human nature.

7. I think the dislike function is very much like our general election voting, it is secret and for whatever reasons, its your choice. If logic goes then should the winning party in a general election remove the anonymity of those who voted against them.

8. I believe the anonymous dislike function is a relative small issue which all of us should be able to live with. Trust me, if you get the 10th dislike, you will not think very much of it then on.

9. The pressing issue is we need consistency in moderators giving warnings and banning members. Like so many here keep drumming, once a criminal pay for his crime in jail why keep bring up his or her past. Like TS said, earlier when we all started we all have a learning curve and many of us never had been involved in forum before.

10. Moderators are unpaid job and nobody is not appreciative of them. Radx's avatar got a very sunburnt fellow but is better than a rude middle finger one.

11. In short, like everything else in Singapore, in the end, we may have to face reality ....... live with it and make the best of it.

If moderator get out of line, who do we report to ..... admin

admin generally are not interested in these family quarrels.

• Praise 9

i think i mentioned before

i reported the vulgar language used in the comment and got another 40 (or was it 50) dislikes from mod

was quite funny

:D

• Praise 2

i think i did... but i wld never know if the mods did anything abt it mah...  

bro.... orrr       ....... you just imply mod sleeping on the job.

I pray for you.

Please don't join my club, if not kena warning and ban until forget own name.

[laugh]

• Praise 1

something like that...  

no offence, i thought it's much more likely that supposed PAP bootlickers like me should get it?  [;)]  

• Praise 4

no offence, i thought it's much more likely that supposed PAP bootlickers like me should get it?  [;)]  

please... i just believe in talking reason.... i dont believe i ever revealed who i voted/would vote for...

maybe during meetups.... but definitely not in public forum 

I feel we can leave the like\dislike feature , while we condition ourselves to not be affected by dislikes.  Tell ourselves that we cannot please everybody and some people will surely don't like you or what you said, its just life.
But if you have been true to yourself, then just  agree to disagree, and understand that there are all sorts of people out there.  For me I have my personal life and aspiration to take care of and those are the things that affect me, not a dislike in a virtual world.  So lets learn to live with it and take it like a man.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 5

no offence, i thought it's much more likely that supposed PAP bootlickers like me should get it? [;)]

opps supporter will generally not use the dislike button but the bootlickers i cant vouch as i am disliked by most of them....
  • Praise 1

you different because size matters in this world

include even if it is hydroceles

[laugh]

I feel we can leave the like\dislike feature , while we condition ourselves to not be affected by dislikes.  Tell ourselves that we cannot please everybody and some people will surely don't like you or what you said, its just life.

But if you have been true to yourself, then just  agree to disagree, and understand that there are all sorts of people out there.  For me I have my personal life and aspiration to take care of and those are the things that affect me, not a dislike in a virtual world.  So lets learn to live with it and take it like a man.

i guess most of us don't mind the dislikes. Just that the anonymous part is definitely annoying haha  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Like @tianmo always ydcb me but I still very happy because I know it is not meant to be dislike but disturb me.  Lol. 

Edited by Ingenius