OPPO phones

Tianmo

(edited)

Rich man. [shocked]

No choice. I forced LG V10 on them and it back fire, so now I let them decide themselves. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement

Aiya, the phones are all for my children lor. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

OK I will ask my kids for feedback later. ^_^

You very unfair.

Why one got iphone 8 and another 2 got oppo?

Why? Why? Why?

:XD:

• Praise 2

You very unfair.

Why one got iphone 8 and another 2 got oppo?

Why? Why? Why?

:XD:

I is xiang fair liao. They decided on those phones themselves.  ^_^

My son actually wanted a Samsung A9 pro, then he took a look at the oppo R9s plus and the xiaomi mi max. But after doing his own research he came to me and firmly decided on the R11. I even offered him iphone 8 plus because he getting a mac book soon, but he said NO to apple phones.

My younger daughter was tore between iphone and R11 for a long while, with a 50-50 of her friends in both camps. She only decided on the R11 on the day of purchase. 

Elder daughter is iphone or iphone or iphone, and so she chose iphone.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

My son actually wanted a Samsung A9 pro, then he took a look at the oppo R9s plus and the xiaomi mi max. But after doing his own research he came to me and firmly decided on the R11. I even offered him iphone 8 plus because he getting a mac book soon, but he said NO to apple phones.

My younger daughter was tore between iphone and R11 for a long while, with a 50-50 of her friends in both camps. She only decided on the R11 on the day of purchase. 

Elder daughter is iphone or iphone or iphone, and so she chose iphone.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

good papa

(edited)

good papa

you are a papa yourself, sure you understand one.  [laugh]

I used the cane alot when they were younger, but after they turned 10 i stopped, and change to one to one talk.

Because i want them to take ownership of their decision,  i usually let them decide but I give them my view. And so they know, when I say NO to something, they never need to come back for a 2nd try.   The LG V10 was a farking mistake, and they bite on that incident real tightly. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

I is xiang fair liao. They decided on those phones themselves. ^_^

Elder daughter is iphone or iphone or iphone, and so she chose iphone. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Good father.

you are a papa yourself, sure you understand one. [laugh]

I used the cane alot when they were younger, but after they turned 10 i stopped, and change to one to one talk.

Because i want them to take ownership of their decision, i usually let them decide but I give them my view. And so they know, when I say NO to something, they never need to come back for a 2nd try. The LG V10 was a farking mistake, and they bite on that incident real tightly.

I enjoy reading about your parenting. Don't have praise power now,owe fifty first. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Good father.

I enjoy reading about your parenting. Don't have praise power now,owe fifty first. Lol.

Thanks mate.  [laugh]

Just different type of parenting, demon use demon pattern. ^_^[:p]  [laugh]

Thanks mate. [laugh]

Just different type of parenting, demon use demon pattern. ^_^[:p][laugh]

I resonate and feel strongly with what you said about what you do, and it gives me a good perspective also.

waa must learn much much... parenting is a challenge, but it's also very rewarding.  [laugh]

if you have time, give a simple review of Oppo and Xiaomi?  [lipsrsealed]

i'm recontracting my phone in Dec, looking at Samsung S8, but also considering other brands. 

I resonate and feel strongly with what you said about what you do, and it gives me a good perspective also.

Actually parenting can be quite subjective, it depends on individual belief, and backgrounds. 

I believe in using different communication method at different stages. I always tell my kids that one day I will die, and I cannot decide for them or see the outcome of a decision when I am not ard, I can only decide for them up till some stage, and they will have to take ownership, because they will have to live with that decision, no right or wrong. 

I think thats the main reason my kids come to me with their minds made up, or looking for some final input before they finally decide.  sometimes I disagree, but I dont usually try to change their mind, sometimes I give them options.  [laugh]

And I am quite happy with it so far, all my kids are student leaders and quite an  influence among their classmates and friends. Mayb is that ability to make decisions and discuss why that decision was made.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Actually parenting can be quite subjective, it depends on individual belief, and backgrounds. 

I believe in using different communication method at different stages. I always tell my kids that one day I will die, and I cannot decide for them or see the outcome of a decision when I am not ard, I can only decide for them up till some stage, and they will have to take ownership, because they will have to live with that decision, no right or wrong. 

I think thats the main reason my kids come to me with their minds made up, or looking for some final input before they finally decide.  sometimes I disagree, but I dont usually try to change their mind, sometimes I give them options.  [laugh]

And I am quite happy with it so far, all my kids are student leaders and quite an  influence among their classmates and friends. Mayb is that ability to make decisions and discuss why that decision was made.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

wah haha, take ownership. I hear it a lot in my NS meetings  [laugh]

Tm, very good sharing. Thanks mate. I will take a leaf from you about letting kids learn to make their own decision and take control of their lives, i.e. take ownership. Well said.

Two things I worry I am not doing correctly is, I may be too protective of my kids, and secondly I may be too doting. I fear it may back fire but just can't help it. That's why what you said does strike a chord with me.

Edited by Ingenius

waa must learn much much... parenting is a challenge, but it's also very rewarding.  [laugh]

if you have time, give a simple review of Oppo and Xiaomi?  [lipsrsealed]

i'm recontracting my phone in Dec, looking at Samsung S8, but also considering other brands. 

No one child is the same, we have to find out our kids ourselves. 

My 3 kids have 3 different pattern, so beside general across the board parenting, I deal with them individually.  One is very emotional, one has a very strong character, and the last is very well read. The way I speak to each of them is also very different. End of the day, your child you will have to know.  [laugh]

Oppo I need to check with my kids, been less than 2 weeks, but they both seem happy with it so far. 

Xiaomi I have no complaint, personally I dont feel any different from my LG G4, thought I miss my samsung note 3. 

I am a value for money peasant, so after having used some brands, will I go back to apple or samsung? highly unlikely.  ^_^

To pay the same amount for a  big branded mid tier phone, I rather go for a higher spec phone with another up and coming brand.  ^_^

No one child is the same, we have to find out our kids ourselves. 

My 3 kids have 3 different pattern, so beside general across the board parenting, I deal with them individually.  One is very emotional, one has a very strong character, and the last is very well read. The way I speak to each of them is also very different. End of the day, your child you will have to know.  [laugh]

Oppo I need to check with my kids, been less than 2 weeks, but they both seem happy with it so far. 

Xiaomi I have no complaint, personally I dont feel any different from my LG G4, thought I miss my samsung note 3. 

I am a value for money peasant, so after having used some brands, will I go back to apple or samsung? highly unlikely.  ^_^

To pay the same amount for a  big branded mid tier phone, I rather go for a higher spec phone with another up and coming brand.  ^_^

thanks for the advice. trying to see my kids' patterns now haha... 

agree with the high cost for big brand but mid-tier phone. but always a risk when trying a lesser known brand phone, which is why i am asking around now. good to know that Oppo and Xiaomi are generally ok. 

wah haha, take ownership. I hear it a lot in my NS meetings  [laugh]

its a very common term use in the corporate world.  ^_^

in NS life, anything issued to you, is "YOURS" until you hand over and out-pro. That is take ownership in NS terms.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

Tm, very good sharing. Thanks mate. I will take a leaf from you about letting kids learn to make their own decision and take control of their lives, i.e. take ownership. Well said.

Two things I worry I am not doing correctly is, I may be too protective of my kids, and secondly I may be too doting. I fear it may back fire but just can't help it. That's why what you said does strike a chord with me.

i can fully comprehend your thoughts. It is very normal for parents to protect their children, but protection comes in different ways. 

when they were younger, they needed that physical protection and helping them making decisions,   but they will have to learn to make decisions themselves. To me, the best way to protect them is to make sure they can protect themselves when I am not ard, be it alive or dead. 

Doting can come in many forms, each of us see it differently. 

With my emotional girl, whom is outspoken and straight forward speaking, I let her go fight things out herself. But when she get knocks I will close door and speak to her, explain to her and always end up with a hug. And she know daddy is there when she needs that hug, as long as I am alive, and she can call me in the middle of the night to go fetch her from anyway, thats my way of doting on her and protecting her.

The one with a strong character, I dont get very involve with what she does, but I follow very closely via her elder sister and younger brother, through her instagram and snapchat. I encourage her to bring her classmates home and I quietly size up her gang. Discussing each one with her and asking her about them. She will tell me things without me asking, because she felt I respect her, and thats how I protect her.

For my son, I am the only person in the whole family who knows what he is talking about, and whenever he had any ideas he will come running to me, knowing that I will support his ideas. I even went out looking for cardboard, asking shop owners if I can buy their used cardboard for him, so that he can cut and make mask. The mother scolded him for messing up his room.  [laugh]

End of the day, every parent dote and love their child and wants to protect them as much as possible. My way of protecting is to make sure they learn to protect themselves. My love to them is respect them as they are, and allow them to make their decisions.  ^_^  [laugh]

• Praise 1

thanks for the advice. trying to see my kids' patterns now haha... 

agree with the high cost for big brand but mid-tier phone. but always a risk when trying a lesser known brand phone, which is why i am asking around now. good to know that Oppo and Xiaomi are generally ok. 

There is a xiaomi thread here, and this oppo thread has some positive feed back if you scroll back, so generally I think they are both ok. 

huawei is getting good review as well if you want to take a look.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement