Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic | 30 praises

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Carnatic
  • Carnatic
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looking to change the GY F1A3 tyre but found out that the current batch are from Solvenia.

Anyone knows about production from Solvenia and maybe someone can share your GY tyre that are from Solvenia.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

No news is good news.

If in doubt, scout for german made.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

mine is german. sidewall is soft. road noise is low. grip is better than GR100

Edited by Earthboy, 14 September 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Columbian78 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

Carnatic
  • Carnatic
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I want German but they dun have German stock only Solvenia stock.....

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Call arrow tyre. What's your tyre size?

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Carnatic
  • Carnatic
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Got the country of origin from.arrow

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    Author Image

mine from germany. sounds noisy to me after 10k.

Edited by Lotr, 14 September 2017 - 08:51 PM.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

Carnatic
  • Carnatic
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You park open carpark?

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

tires are how they design and R& D and manufactured

Are not where they produced.

German made are not 100% better than others.

Look at the Mercedes and Bimmer , many of their parts are no longer produced in German

Have seen their Original equipped wheel are made outside German even China also have.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

Wheelyaligned
  • Premium member
    Wheelyaligned
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Not sure about Solvenia made tire, but i am using 225/45/17 F1A3 made in germany now. 

tire is quiet after 10k distance. rubber is soft compound so ride is quite comfortable..

and the wet grip is firm as well, today raining wet road condition but i felt my braking quite on point. 

would say good tire to fix. 

Columbian78, Blueray and Tsr729 praised this

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

is ASY-3 a lot cheaper vs PS-4 for the same size, eg 18 inch?

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

Tsr729
  • Premium member
    Tsr729
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Not sure about Solvenia made tire, but i am using 225/45/17 F1A3 made in germany now. 

tire is quiet after 10k distance. rubber is soft compound so ride is quite comfortable..

and the wet grip is firm as well, today raining wet road condition but i felt my braking quite on point. 

would say good tire to fix. 

I'm using the same as you too.

When new, the tread depth seems a little too shallow which worries me a little on the wear rate.

Now at 7K+ km of frequent spirited driving, they doesn't seem to be as worn as expected which leads me to think that the tyre compound is actually on the harder side.

Ride seems to be bouncier. (No I did not over inflate my pressures)

F1A3 has a better grip and yet has lower noise than Kumho KU31 and Assurance triplemax (2 tyre models I used to change to)

First time using this, good experience so far. Will I repeat this for my next set? Probably, but I may want to try CPC6  [:p]

Wheelyaligned and Columbian78 praised this

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Fitted a set of GY F1A3 Germany as replacement for my old BS GR100 yesterday.

The tyre looks "fatter" due to rounded sidewall and tread surface and protects the rims better. Initial impressions suggests a softer ride but less sharp steering response. There was definitely a whooshing noise from the tyres not heard in the BS. Still early days though, need to drive more to be certain.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jknof  |  Neutral Newbie

Excellent performance tyres!

Have read about the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres, but unable to have the chance to try it. With the new ride, proceed to get an upgrade to the new Asymmetric 3 (the latest version than Asymmetric 2). Initial days of testing of the tyr... » Read More

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JonPassat08  |  Neutral Newbie

Excellent grip and braking performance

Got a Pre-Love car and the first replacement that I always do is to change the tyres. Done some search online and get to know this new tyre pattern. Initial feel is the grip performance is good and excellent traction. For noise level wise, I... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Quick Reply

Tags: feedback, f1a3, tyre, solvenia and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users