Any feedback on GY F1A3 tyre from Solvenia

Carnatic

Looking to change the GY F1A3 tyre but found out that the current batch are from Solvenia.

Anyone knows about production from Solvenia and maybe someone can share your GY tyre that are from Solvenia.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

tires are how they design and R& D and manufactured

Are not where they produced.

German made are not 100% better than others.

Look at the Mercedes and Bimmer , many of their parts are no longer produced in German

Have seen their Original equipped wheel are made outside German even China also have.

Not sure about Solvenia made tire, but i am using 225/45/17 F1A3 made in germany now. 

tire is quiet after 10k distance. rubber is soft compound so ride is quite comfortable..

and the wet grip is firm as well, today raining wet road condition but i felt my braking quite on point. 

would say good tire to fix. 

• Praise 3

Not sure about Solvenia made tire, but i am using 225/45/17 F1A3 made in germany now. 

tire is quiet after 10k distance. rubber is soft compound so ride is quite comfortable..

and the wet grip is firm as well, today raining wet road condition but i felt my braking quite on point. 

would say good tire to fix. 

I'm using the same as you too.

When new, the tread depth seems a little too shallow which worries me a little on the wear rate.

Now at 7K+ km of frequent spirited driving, they doesn't seem to be as worn as expected which leads me to think that the tyre compound is actually on the harder side.

Ride seems to be bouncier. (No I did not over inflate my pressures)

F1A3 has a better grip and yet has lower noise than Kumho KU31 and Assurance triplemax (2 tyre models I used to change to)

First time using this, good experience so far. Will I repeat this for my next set? Probably, but I may want to try CPC6  [:p]

• Praise 2

Fitted a set of GY F1A3 Germany as replacement for my old BS GR100 yesterday.

The tyre looks "fatter" due to rounded sidewall and tread surface and protects the rims better. Initial impressions suggests a softer ride but less sharp steering response. There was definitely a whooshing noise from the tyres not heard in the BS. Still early days though, need to drive more to be certain.

↡ Advertisement