COE Bidding – 2nd Round of September 2017

Carbon82

Allow me to say something. While everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, I sincerely wish we can have a friendly discussion in this thread. Please don't turn it into a war zone, throwing offensive words at others, while trying to prove that you are right! Thanks for your attention and have a good weekend. [sunny]  [sunny]

29xwt1t.png

snc7dz.png

WOzUZGc.png

The details of the September 2017 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 18 September 2017, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 20 September 2017, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 20 Septembert 2017 (Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,615 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A: Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,815

Category B: Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,288

Category D: Motorcycles => 494

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C: Goods Vehicles and Buses => 453

Category E: Open Category => 565

Edited by Carbon82
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 20

Thank you bro, for speaking up and trying to make MCF a better place for all, and your tireless contribution for the monthly COE bidding thread.

• Praise 4

all depend on this man [laugh][laugh][laugh] he has the power to change everything [laugh][laugh][laugh]

amd-korea-kim-jong-un-jpg.jpg

He's probably shorting S&P 500 futures contracts, each time before he launches an ICBM.
  • Praise 3

happened to me recently @ ECP mac carpark, was in the car, I usually park defensively(I'd find corner lots etc) or try to give as much space, I driving a small hatchback now.

1 toyota sedan came, plenty of space for him, open door bang damn hard, his body language is "I don't give a fudge to surrounding cars, I open my car doors however I like".

day to day I'm considered a very civil person but in this case I wind down and let out a "wtf?", he act blur like never hear I went out of the car and "wtf?" again, all of a sudden he went from a fully functional individual to Stephen Hawking body language, act blur and walked away(absolutely no offense meant to Stephen Hawking).

went to coffee bean spot him again, LL lor, courtesy is scarce these days.

• Praise 2

Hi,

Wonder any ADs dropped or increased car prices after last coe dropped.

Then why so many turn up at showrm to buy cheaper coe which included in the packages.

Any findings on which brands did it,

• Praise 2

Despite the drop in PQP (Cat A) from $50k to $44k, revalidation has not gone up but hover only around 1000~1200 per mth. ==> Will revalidation increase? Looks like revalidation might reduce in the future as new car prices finally looks like a better deal vs. revalidation.

Rental car population is still increasing despite news that Grab/Uber had stopped buying a few months ago. ==> So, if they really do stopped buying in the future, demand will be even lower.

There is also no early scrapping of <10 year old cars yet, i.e. used cars are still being recycled in the market. ==> If early scrapping happens for those $90k COEs car, future COE quota will be increasing.

Interestingly, COE is on a downturn. I suspect there might be a few more sharp correction of COE prices. It will then bring the whole car market into a massive downward spiral renewal process, where people scrapped their expensive COE cars for a much cheaper new COE car.

Might not happen, but no harm waiting if you still have a ride now.

• Praise 2

happened to me recently @ ECP mac carpark, was in the car, I usually park defensively(I'd find corner lots etc) or try to give as much space, I driving a small hatchback now.

1 toyota sedan came, plenty of space for him, open door bang damn hard, his body language is "I don't give a fudge to surrounding cars, I open my car doors however I like".

day to day I'm considered a very civil person but in this case I wind down and let out a "wtf?", he act blur like never hear I went out of the car and "wtf?" again, all of a sudden he went from a fully functional individual to Stephen Hawking body language, act blur and walked away(absolutely no offense meant to Stephen Hawking).

went to coffee bean spot him again, LL lor, courtesy is scarce these days.

Scratch his car la. Teach him a lesson, I also very tulan this type of ppl. Find 1 corner to park, then this idiot still park so close to u. Thid type of ppl dont need to talk logic 1 la.

An eye for an eye. Period

Cat A +4k

Cat B -1k

• Praise 1

I think

Cat a will rise by a few k. Breach 40k

Cat b will maintain.

The reason for the drop for cat a cos not many models sold as new criteria just kicked in but now should be OK.

Two cents.

• Praise 1