COE Bidding – 2nd Round of September 2017

Carbon82

Over the weekend, some people close to me purchased 2 vessel at $93K with G-COE. Delivery by Nov. So, they may push back till next month before they bid or they would have to bid now since it is within their budget. A SE in BM also claims sale for the FL Altis is doing very well. Cars within the $100K seem to be the benchmark for Singapore. Next year is still 3 months away and it could be $110K new high.

I think Cat A will go beyond $40K tomorrow. All the best for those waiting for their new ride.

You check the past few years history on coe trend? Typically, lowest is between year end or beginning of the year lei.

Besides, Think year end they try too lelong to close deal inorder to report back to their factory on their annual sale/volume?

↡ Advertisement

Anyone here ever book car with AD and didn't get car after the committed number of bid.

Pls announce

Quite difficult to imagine ad let go "fish in the net"

Hyundai was the one who advertise elantra basic for 83k when coe drop to 50k in sept 2016 after hovering around 52 - 53k when MAS relaxed the car loan to 7 years in june. I believe many thought uber grab would stop expanding their fleets and ended up coe went up to 50 to 52k level for till April 2017.

No one who booked 83k got their car. Either top up or released from the bidding after 4th bidding without penalty. Price is booked with 6 NG.

nissan... toyota...mazda... mitsu all full... @ lengkee 

These have low margin. On average about $10k only. They can't push much.

It is KM who has fattest margin for the HRV.

If COE jump above $40k, KM is to be blame.

• Praise 1

These have low margin. On average about $10k only. They can't push much.

It is KM who has fattest margin for the HRV.

If COE jump above $40k, KM is to be blame.

Margins by authorized distributors even for basic models are way above $10K - refer to published data by LTA below:

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.html

Only 10 models earned margins below $11K (before commission and overhead expenses) in the list based on August 2017 data.

post-188089-0-25045700-1505793400_thumb.jpg

Edited by kykh
  • Praise 2

Margins by authorized distributors even for basic models are way above $10K - refer to published data by LTA below:

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.html

Only 10 models earned margins below $11K (before commission and overhead expenses) in the list based on August 2017 data.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

ok. my point is...

Take

1. Altis. Basic cost about $40k. + COE $36k = $76k. They sell $90k. Margin is $14k. If COE up $4k to $40k, the margin will shrink to $10k only.

2. HRV, basic cost about $40k. + COE $36k = $76k. They sell $100k. Margin is $24k. If COE up $4k, still got $20k.

So, KM made $20k per HRV. X 400 monthly.

Huat Ah!

Maybe this explain why they do not price their CRV competitively against Harrier.

... Or the 2 big boys pakat? [lipsrsealed]

ok. my point is...

Take

1. Altis. Basic cost about $40k. + COE $36k = $76k. They sell $90k. Margin is $14k. If COE up $4k to $40k, the margin will shrink to $10k only.

2. HRV, basic cost about $40k. + COE $36k = $76k. They sell $100k. Margin is $24k. If COE up $4k, still got $20k.

Huat Ah!

Maybe this explain why they do not price their CRV competitively against Harrier.

Basic altis don't think omv same as elegance 19.5K.Should be around 17.5k.So

Basic altis 40k,must minus cevs rebate 5k,so roughly is 35k only.

So margin is 19k,not 14k.

• Praise 3

Capture.JPG

Do you know what is the overhead cost for AD? Do u know how much must this cost to be subtracted from the margin you have highlighted to consider as dealer true profit?

Pls share total result instead of partial result for our guessing. Ty

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 1

ok. my point is...

Take

Huat Ah!

Mazda3 Lagi huat ah ! I bought standard model @$90800 COE 46k ... now COE 36k I think about same price !!! Huat ah !
  • Praise 1

Do you know what is the overhead cost for AD? Do u know how much must this cost to be subtracted from the margin you have highlighted to consider as dealer true profit?

I'm not in the motor trade industry and do not possess insight beyond publicly available data.

Commissions and overhead expenses may vary widely among ADs, but for a rough estimate one may take reference from the financial reports of ADs which are publicly listed. For example, in the case of TC International whose motor vehicle distribution constituted almost 60% of their revenue and Singapore contributed more of half of their overall units sold last year, distribution costs accounted for about 8% of their revenue in 2016, while administrative and other operating expenses accounted for another 6%.

https://www.tanchong.com/downloads/financial_statements/LTN20170420775.pdf

• Praise 1

i vouch from personal opinion... this is not true... popular jap cars are flooded from what i see...

Not only Jap... Korean side also flooded...

My se got no time to serve me...

I need to wait for him 2 hours after my appointment time

• Praise 1

I think most ppl don't buy their cars based on low AD profit. You like the car and only one AD for that. Otherwise paying $80K, $100K or &120K you don't get to enjoy your 1st choice car ....... don't live to regret.

• Praise 1

The leading AD with more monthly sales will average down the contribution from each sales towards the operation cost.

It does not matter to the buyer actually.

What I want is a car that I paid for goes more towards the gov tax, instead of towards the AD margins.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2