COE Bidding – 2nd Round of September 2017

Carbon82

The leading AD with more monthly sales will average down the contribution from each sales towards the operation cost.

It does not matter to the buyer actually.

What I want is a car that I paid for goes more towards the gov tax, instead of towards the AD margins.

Odd ....... pay more tax but not to AD who runs a business to bring in car and service the customers.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Odd ....... pay more tax but not to AD who runs a business to bring in car and service the customers. ð

Cause paying tax is a given. Regardless of self import or via AD. Everyone pays the tax if they want to drive here. And since taxes are immovable. It's down to the profits of the AD.

It's the same with petrol tax. Want to drive must pay!

• Praise 1

Cause paying tax is a given. Regardless of self import or via AD. Everyone pays the tax if they want to drive here. And since taxes are immovable. It's down to the profits of the AD.

It's the same with petrol tax. Want to drive must pay!

Go and read the post again ... mentioned pay more tax instead ...

If want to buy CRV .... only BM. Cos of low AD profit .... buy a KIA? Our roads will be all KIA. Similar to tax, no much choice if want certain brand/model

• Praise 2

I think the COE prices are monopolize by the big players (ADs) and tomorrow COE will increase by a few thousands so as to create more sale from 21st till the first COE in Oct.

Now COE dropped quite drastically -7k, some people who are interested to buy or change car are still thinking if COE will drop further, are waiting for further drop before taking action. If this group of people see an increase of price in tomorrow closing bid, then they will start panick if the COE in Oct will even be higher.. Then they will go n place deposit before Oct COE start..

But hor, the ADs' strategy also can choose to make tomorrow COE's price drop below $36k if there are less than 1500 orders in whole Singapore buying their cars at Guaranteed COEs. I think the big players' key personnels may hold bi weekly meeting to discuss how they want the COE results to be. 300+ other may bid via other parties like PIs.

C&C giving COE rebate at $32k, so I doubt COE will drop below $32k tomorrow. But those who paid for Guaranteed COEs will hope that next few rounds COEs go as high as possible. If not urgent, think get Non Guaranteed package seem better. The SE told me that 75% of his customers opt for Guaranteed COE.

• Praise 1

Book a Honda City from KM, SE asked me yesterday if I want to change from 6 bids non-guaranteed COE to 6 bids guaranteed COE with topup of $1000. 

Asked what's the different, guaranteed COE is 100% & non-guaranteed COE is 50%/50%.  

Hm.... necessary to addon the topup for guaranteed COE, as SE mention before, KM had never fail to delivered car once order go to them. Why the needs to topup for guaranteed COE if KM can successfully bid the COE?

Miss this info out. Book in Sept 2017, collection of car in Jan 2018.

Edited by yayaguy
  • Praise 1

I think most ppl don't buy their cars based on low AD profit. You like the car and only one AD for that. Otherwise paying $80K, $100K or &120K you don't get to enjoy your 1st choice car ....... don't live to regret. ð

Some ppl buy car because they believe this model is more reliable, they willing to pay more n get lesser than market standard, even though the interior looks like crap

Last 6,000 pieces of cheap Cat A Coe from now till end of the year.

Or 1,000 more new cars per 1 Million of populations, roughly 0.1% allocation.

Two scenario,

A. Grab before it is gone, Cat A shoots up.

B. COE Cat A drops further irregardless. (Seriously no demand)

This is really a test of the Singapore economic strength and future outlook for car loan market.

• Praise 1

Book a Honda City from KM, SE asked me yesterday if I want to change from 6 bids non-guaranteed COE to 6 bids guaranteed COE with topup of $1000. 

Asked what's the different, guaranteed COE is 100% & non-guaranteed COE is 50%/50%.  

Hm.... necessary to addon the topup for guaranteed COE, as SE mention before, KM had never fail to delivered car once order go to them. Why the needs to topup for guaranteed COE if KM can successfully bid the COE?

So many hearsay that over the last weekends, many people booked for cars. So if tomorrow coe for cat A still fall further, then really dont know what to say liao?! Cause many people will predict that cat A confirmed will shoot up, depends how much only?!

• Praise 1

Two scenario,

A. Grab before it is gone, Cat A shoots up.

B. COE Cat A drops further irregardless. (Seriously no demand)

Is that you Wong Kan Seng? Enjoying your retirement?

• Praise 1

So many hearsay that over the last weekends, many people booked for cars. So if tomorrow coe for cat A still fall further, then really dont know what to say liao?! Cause many people will predict that cat A confirmed will shoot up, depends how much only?!

The leading AD with more monthly sales will average down the contribution from each sales towards the operation cost.

It does not matter to the buyer actually.

What I want is a car that I paid for goes more towards the gov tax, instead of towards the AD margins.

Pls don worry for your government but yourself

Go to pg1, last biding, coe revenue >$100 mil just from

Tmrw will go back up depending on how much, but next bid may come back down again.

The SE serving me mentioned that KM do not speculate COEs unlike other ADs. Some ADs also will psycho customers to top up 2 to 3k for G-COE. In his ten yrs plus there he seldom see KM not getting COEs for non-G COE. I hope it is really the case.

If COE drop the, I will be happy too as rebate is 37k.

Can someone please enlighten me? In this instance where one's car is booked this year, but collection is only next year, will it be affected by the RCEV? If it depends, then on what please?

Cokiee

If tomorrow COE shoot up, die liao lor. No topup for guaranteed COE

your COE wont be 1 bid type, so you still have chance to get your COE when(not if) the CAT A goes up tomorrow. 

Can someone please enlighten me? In this instance where one's car is booked this year, but collection is only next year, will it be affected by the RCEV? If it depends, then on what please?

Cokiee

CVES applies to all cars registered after 1 Jan 2018.

If your car you buy now and is only registered after 1 Jan 2018, then Gongxi, you might be liable for cves

↡ Advertisement