Ridiculous office rules revealed

tudorpapa

with a great sense of nostalgia...

like the song Madonna used to song... This used to be our pantry... (or something like this)

CIMG4175-5B1600x1200-5D.jpg

This one still around now?

↡ Advertisement

In our humid and hot weather, over dressed is not only uncomfortable, it also not environmentally friendly because we need to increase AC to cool you down [:p]

However, if you wear slippers and shorts to work, I feel you are not respecting others and the organization you represent (no offense, just my personal opinion only). Unless your company dress code is that way, the environment requires it and everyone wears slippers.

Surely you want to represent your company with the best image and give your client a good impression when they meet you. It also shows that you are serious and respect the meeting. Like you go and attend a wedding reception for example.

I know many claim they don't meet clients. But the fact that they go to work and represent the company, people will judge the company based on the staff there. No different of you checking out the company office you going to work before you decide if you want to join them. [;)]

Lol you may want to see out of your "BOX". apparently my "office" not your usual air conditioned 4 walls scenario, but a pleasant outdoor environment.

So by putting fresh cologne, cuff links and leather shoes means you are showing respect to whatever doesn't apply to everybody. Hahaha.

another ridiculous rule in my another ex-coy was must off air-con and lights and all power switches when leaving office.

if failed to do so for 3 times, will get warning letter

Reasonable what. Waste electricity for what.

they have nice pantry   :D  :D

yahoo! sinagpore pantry

PANTRY.jpg

Google singapore pantry

b2ap3_thumbnail_Google-Office-10.jpg

Facebook singapore pantry

Anti-gravity-Instagram-booth-3-700x466.j

I have a friend who's a serial job changer. He say for him, pantry very important. Before apply for job must see what the pantry is like first.  [laugh]

At least you can still adjust to be cheaper and faster.

For unqualified folks like me, work FOC also they don't want.

Normal la. People like to complicate matters nowadays lol.

i thought got company wanna give you 20% increment to work in a job you have absolutely no experience in?

i thought got company wanna give you 20% increment to work in a job you have absolutely no experience in?

ð

That wasn't a bank what.

And that was ages ago. Rejected them and probably Kanna blacklisted by them already haha.

My boss restrict me from wearing jeans to work, he say it is inappropriate attire. [dizzy]

I think they want me to dress like this every single day.

2C96F60E00000578-0-image-a-126_144284844

wah your boss is M?

i just joined a new local company. we have 30 office staffs, half of them are Singaporeans. problem started from my first day of work was, no one brings me around to intro me to each other. then i realised people here just do the own work and MYOB kind of environment. they don't meet eyes to eyes even when you are walking toward them face to face and its like you are invisible. i have been always the person smiling to them but only a few bothered to smiles back. the rest were :we-all-gonna-die: cannot see. weird people. 

• Praise 1

i just joined a new local company. we have 30 office staffs, half of them are Singaporeans. problem started from my first day of work was, no one brings me around to intro me to each other. then i realised people here just do the own work and MYOB kind of environment. they don't meet eyes to eyes even when you are walking toward them face to face and its like you are invisible. i have been always the person smiling to them but only a few bothered to smiles back. the rest were :we-all-gonna-die: cannot see. weird people. 

Dun worry maybe they are shy.  Give yourself some time.  But your HR also one kind how come never bring you around.

My company is also similar but my HR will always bring new staff around.  Here also half is Singaporeans.  People here also MYOB. I also smile to them and some bother and some dun bother to smile back when I joined.  It has been almost 10 years now since I joined and I still do the same - smile at them and most of them smile to me now.  I always make sure to smile at the new staff to make them comfortable.  [laugh] 

• Praise 5

This is just too outrageous. [crazy]  

https://www.payscale.com/career-news/2013/05/10-crazy-workplace-rules-you-wont-believe

1.  No Illegal Beards

2.  Only Moustaches Allowed

3.  Do Not Eat Leftover Food

4.  Under 25% Fluorescent Shoes Only

5.  Carrying Boxes Will Not be Tolerated

6.  No Hats Even in the Winter

7.  No Popcorn…Or Else

8.  Evaluate the Models but Not On Attractiveness

9.  The Un-Referee

10. Underwear Must Be Worn At All Times

• Praise 1

This is just too outrageous. [crazy]

https://www.payscale.com/career-news/2013/05/10-crazy-workplace-rules-you-wont-believe

1. No Illegal Beards

2. Only Moustaches Allowed

3. Do Not Eat Leftover Food

4. Under 25% Fluorescent Shoes Only

5. Carrying Boxes Will Not be Tolerated

6. No Hats Even in the Winter

7. No Popcornâ¦Or Else

8. Evaluate the Models but Not On Attractiveness

9. The Un-Referee

10. Underwear Must Be Worn At All Times

Hmmmmmm number 10 :grin:
  • Praise 1

I have been using my own monitor for over 10 years already...A 19" LCD which I bought on the second hand market. I am also using my own speaker phone and I brought in my own table fan and bar fridge and microwave oven too ! I used to have my own mouse also but now just use the company one.

my company provides additional monitor for our use! haha...
↡ Advertisement