Unreliable AD komoco

Terratoss

Hi all,

my hyundai elantra has reached it's free servicing at 2.25 years. My experience with them isn't that good as they always try to evade changing parts that are showing signs of fault. 

I understand that if I don't service with them, they might or will by all means find reasons not to replace parts if breakdown during warranty period. Their service packages and workmanship is not up to standard as an AD as well.

Anyone has just brought their cars to service elsewhere when car still under warranty?

i only had 3 free servicing and already though of going to WS for servicing, in my next 30k. 

their waiting time was long, servicing price was expensive also. 

the only reason for holding me back is the warranty. 

i also understand that their warranty is meant for engine only, other parts like reverse sensors is only one year warranty. correct me if i am wrong.

even their hp car camera sd card is only warrenty for a month. i can confirm this. 

however i felt the car overall performance was good enough for me. 

Edited by Leoeve

lucky you did not buy from StarsAuto ...

my optra last time got smoke come out because the oil filter nut dropped off after servicing ... and they told me nothing wrong !!

towed back to them ... and they told me they have fixed the issue.

I really don't know if that was what caused my auto car to "die" on the roads occasionally after the 7th year.

Hi all,

my hyundai elantra has reached it's free servicing at 2.25 years. My experience with them isn't that good as they always try to evade changing parts that are showing signs of fault.

I understand that if I don't service with them, they might or will by all means find reasons not to replace parts if breakdown during warranty period. Their service packages and workmanship is not up to standard as an AD as well.

Anyone has just brought their cars to service elsewhere when car still under warranty?

that's normal

they (ADs) all do that

Hi all,

Is this your 1st car bought from AD?  Service standards of most ADs selling b&b cars are similar.  Just that different customers with different expectations will feel differently...

you guys are all very lucky, my last new car was 12 years ago, for a long time i dont even have a chance to complain about ADs' service level. 

My experience with Komoco was mixed.

Initially before buy, v nice. Bought, still nice.

Then when it came to delivery, problem lai liao... SE was noncommittal initially, and until i pushed for a firm date as I wanted to sell off my approaching-expiry car (since Komoco doesn't do overtrade). After shipment arrived, started registering, then she confirmed a range of date 24-25 Apr (Mon-Tue). i had bought and secured COE way back in Feb, and later shared my experience with a bro here and he bought it one COE round later. Ended up he got the car (same model/colour) before me. I was asking my SE and she just said it's their scheduling...

In any case, i arranged to handover my car on 26 Apr, giving one day's buffer, and on 24 Apr, she told me it's nowhere near and likely to be end of the week (27 or 28 Apr). I was so upset and almost scream at her, but kept my cool. Kept on pestering and i could sense from her msgs that she's also buay tahan me already. But finally managed to deliver the car on 26 Apr, just after i handed over my old car.

So it became not so nice anymore.

Then later I found that the HP 2-channel car cam shows left/right inverted images/videos for the rear cam. When i brought up, they didn't even know of it yet. Complained for 3 wks, then the initially very enthusiastic quality service manager said nothing can be done, and they will feedback to management, and seek my understanding.

Became very not nice already...

AD all the same one.

They want to make your money selling you cars, but comes to warranty will try and shirk their responsibilites, bcuz it cost them money.

my optra last time got smoke come out because the oil filter nut dropped off after servicing ... and they told me nothing wrong !!

I really don't know if that was what caused my auto car to "die" on the roads occasionally after the 7th year.

Mine,

A long scratch from front passenger door to after the rear passenger door.   Lucky it was very light.

Took my car to run personal errands as road test ! 

But ok lah,  changed a pair of headlights, @ I think is 400++ or was it 600++.  That was after I told them to look at the car next to mine which was older based on license plate ! 

you guys are all very lucky, my last new car was 12 years ago, for a long time i dont even have a chance to complain about ADs' service level. 

You can always send back to AD for servicing what.  [laugh]

Depends on which AD. So far my experience with C&C, Kah motors and Borneo quite ok.

VW was jialat till i sold my golf

BM,  some ok some not ok.

Aircon filter was $89 (IIRC),  not ok ! 

AD all the same one.

They want to make your money selling you cars, but comes to warranty will try and shirk their responsibilites, bcuz it cost them money.

My prior experience with Borneo Motors (BM) was quite ok - changed a few parts under warranty when they surface the faults themselves.   Now,  don't know,  cause of the re-shuffling of their organisation and consolidation. 

Edited by Kklee

I am not sure how this shows the AD is unreliable.

You can't expect the AD to replace parts that are "going to fail". Like that I might as well bring my car back and ask them swap for a new one since all the parts are "going to fail" some time in the future...

i only had 3 free servicing and already though of going to WS for servicing, in my next 30k. 

i also understand that their warranty is meant for engine only, other parts like reverse sensors is only one year warranty. correct me if i am wrong.

even their hp car camera sd card is only warrenty for a month. i can confirm this. 

You can refer to your owner manual for what is covered under 5 year warranty, it's definitely not engine only. Car camera is not part of the car so of course no 5 year warranty.

I am not sure how this shows the AD is unreliable.

You can't expect the AD to replace parts that are "going to fail". Like that I might as well bring my car back and ask them swap for a new one since all the parts are "going to fail" some time in the future...

You can refer to your owner manual for what is covered under 5 year warranty, it's definitely not engine only. Car camera is not part of the car so of course no 5 year warranty.

many car specific forums has this topic of sharing tips on how to bang AD's table to squeeze them before the warranty is expired

You can always send back to AD for servicing what. [laugh]

When mechanic of AD sees my car, he will say pui. Edited by Ct3833

My experience with Komoco was mixed.

Initially before buy, v nice. Bought, still nice.

Then when it came to delivery, problem lai liao... SE was noncommittal initially, and until i pushed for a firm date as I wanted to sell off my approaching-expiry car (since Komoco doesn't do overtrade). After shipment arrived, started registering, then she confirmed a range of date 24-25 Apr (Mon-Tue). i had bought and secured COE way back in Feb, and later shared my experience with a bro here and he bought it one COE round later. Ended up he got the car (same model/colour) before me. I was asking my SE and she just said it's their scheduling...

In any case, i arranged to handover my car on 26 Apr, giving one day's buffer, and on 24 Apr, she told me it's nowhere near and likely to be end of the week (27 or 28 Apr). I was so upset and almost scream at her, but kept my cool. Kept on pestering and i could sense from her msgs that she's also buay tahan me already. But finally managed to deliver the car on 26 Apr, just after i handed over my old car.

So it became not so nice anymore.

Then later I found that the HP 2-channel car cam shows left/right inverted images/videos for the rear cam. When i brought up, they didn't even know of it yet. Complained for 3 wks, then the initially very enthusiastic quality service manager said nothing can be done, and they will feedback to management, and seek my understanding.

Became very not nice already...

I have had much better experience with PI Prime recently, haha. So doesn't mean AD experience would be superior to PI experience. Must know where to go. Sometime luck play a part also lah.

Very stressful, buying a car!

It was OK when I had my Avante. Ask to speak to Ismail, the service centre boss.

Finally got to speak to him. He could get things done but following up from him is much to be desired. You need to micro manage to get things done.

In fact, their warranty covers engine and non-moving parts in the car e.g. engine mounting

They did mention that they will not say if you service outside they will void your warranty, just strongly advised to service with them as they will have RECORDS. Pui.

PI really depends on luck 

I have had much better experience with PI Prime recently, haha. So doesn't mean AD experience would be superior to PI experience. Must know where to go. Sometime luck play a part also lah.

Very stressful, buying a car!

Prime motor or prime car?

What did you buy?

What about your experience?

I thinking to get Prius from them ...