Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic | 125 praises

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Coolant
  • Coolant
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

3q1a6201_resize.jpg?itok=9nn7EfJ7

3q1a6519_resize.jpg?itok=nBTVAEj3

g70-interior-details-03.jpg?itok=sfFWxFm

g70-interior-details-01.jpg?itok=eEYxIBY

Looking good! Seems initial first drive reviews are positive too. :a-m1212:

Top Gear first drive review:

https://www.topgear....4dr/first-drive

Drive.com AU first drive review:

http://www.drive.com...ival-65215.html

Nice launch/overview video from Korean Motorian channel:

Tianmo, Beregond and antelop praised this

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

3q1a6201_resize.jpg?itok=9nn7EfJ7

Not a Mazda 3?

:D

2014_mazda_3_sedan_s-grand-touring_fq_oe

Carbon82, Lala81 and Theoldjaffa praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

g70-interior-details-01.jpg?itok=eEYxIBY

2017-Mazda3-cockpit.jpg

antelop praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:55 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not a Mazda 3?

2014_mazda_3_sedan_s-grand-touring_fq_oe

How does that look like a Mazda? Just the colour right?

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I also think that the front 3/4 view has hints of the Mazda 3

Sdf4786k and Jamesc praised this
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yeah.. very mazda-ish .. the seat looks very VW-ish with the diamond stitch

volkswagen-golf-edition-2014-5.jpg

Is this rear wheel drive by any chance or its just a more expensive Elantra Sports ?

While the handling was predictable there’s plenty of body roll and the G70 doesn’t react with the same directness of BMW’s 3-Series or Audi‘s A4. The electronic power steering also lacks a linear progression, particularly in Sport mode where there is a lightness off-centre but then significant weight when you wind more lock on. The additional weight doesn’t bring any meaningful benefits in terms of feel, so hopefully the Australian tune will be better.

Looks like if price like a Mazda 3 will be quite tempting ..

Edited by Sdf4786k, 20 September 2017 - 09:23 AM.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Finally they put a turbo for the Genesis...

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

3.3 V6 twin from the Stinger GT....

Hope Komoco brings that variant in.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

Coolant
  • Coolant
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Is this rear wheel drive by any chance or its just a more expensive Elantra Sports ?

based on the initial reviews, all versions of the G70 come with rear wheel drive (with all wheel drive option), 8-speed gearbox, torque vectoring, mechanical limited slip differential (LSD) and even launch control, G meter and lap timer... as standard..

.. so i guess it should drive better than an elantra sports... lol. [laugh]

2.0 Turbo version with 248 bhp will probably be the hot seller.. if it becomes available locally and priced right..

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

Coolant
  • Coolant
    1st Gear
    Author Image

.. seems more reviews popping up, i think its got the right sporty proportions... the designers did a rather good job..

2019-Genesis-G70-Side.jpg?interpolation=

img-2431-1505754726.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;cen

img-2424-1505756505.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;cen

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yeah.. very mazda-ish .. the seat looks very VW-ish with the diamond stitch

volkswagen-golf-edition-2014-5.jpg

While the handling was predictable thereâs plenty of body roll and the G70 doesnât react with the same directness of BMWâs 3-Series or Audiâs A4. The electronic power steering also lacks a linear progression, particularly in Sport mode where there is a lightness off-centre but then significant weight when you wind more lock on. The additional weight doesnât bring any meaningful benefits in terms of feel, so hopefully the Australian tune will be better.

Looks like if price like a Mazda 3 will be quite tempting ..

Dude... this is a Genesis... Mazda 3 price? What are you smoking... pass some over...

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:20 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Dude... this is a Genesis... Mazda 3 price? What are you smoking... pass some over...

you sell a new entire fleet of so call "luxury" car without a steep discount, who wants to take the risk to buy...? 

So it has to be price at a sweet spot that is too hard to refused.

Case in point. Infinity... do you see a sell out take up rate ?

Rear wheel drive. 2.0 engine. 

Even the G30 which is a reskin A class, also going no where. 

Unless the car is soooooooo technologically superior , I doubt no one would come out hard cash for a korean Luxus

And the profile segment that KMC is chasing after? If its the merc or BMW owner, whats the lifestyle experience that comes with the car ?

You can only begin with the Camry and Mazda 3 2.0 category to try to inch your way to the market with a price band.

When the innovation consumer curve hit 10%, thats where the 34% starts to bite.

early adopters will not queue up at KMC for 8 hrs just to book this car like Apple product. That much I am sure.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

3 series picture used wrongly?

.. seems more reviews popping up, i think its got the right sporty proportions... the designers did a rather good job..

2019-Genesis-G70-Side.jpg?interpolation=

Jamesc, Mercury1 and BanCoe praised this

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

redstuff
  • Premium member
    redstuff
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

https://www.genesis....enesis-g70.html

genesis-g70-gallery-ex-06.jpg

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When I first saw the pics of the G70 I also thought I was looking at a Mazda 6. I was thinking facelift for the 6. LoL...

So I Googled to look for the concept car for the G70.....Looks far from it. Concept looks too radical from the real wan.

260_Genesis_New_York_Concept-e1458803891

genesis-new-york-concept-2016-new-york-a

genesis-new-york-concept-2016-new-york-a

I don't see Genesis cars on our roads. I think one hand is more dan enough to count.

I know the Koreans have been making a lot of big luxury sedans for their domestic market from the longest time. But what I see is that they are lacking is new innovative technology. What I see mostly are "rip-offs" from existing makes from Germany and they put it in their cars.

They are no doubt good in their engineering dept but they lack something distinctive like only the Koreans have. They need to spend more on R&D.

Edited by Watwheels, 21 September 2017 - 09:13 AM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

you sell a new entire fleet of so call "luxury" car without a steep discount, who wants to take the risk to buy...?

So it has to be price at a sweet spot that is too hard to refused.

Case in point. Infinity... do you see a sell out take up rate ?

Rear wheel drive. 2.0 engine.

Even the G30 which is a reskin A class, also going no where.

Unless the car is soooooooo technologically superior , I doubt no one would come out hard cash for a korean Luxus

And the profile segment that KMC is chasing after? If its the merc or BMW owner, whats the lifestyle experience that comes with the car ?

You can only begin with the Camry and Mazda 3 2.0 category to try to inch your way to the market with a price band.

When the innovation consumer curve hit 10%, thats where the 34% starts to bite.

early adopters will not queue up at KMC for 8 hrs just to book this car like Apple product. That much I am sure.

It's really not for our market... it's aimed squarely at US & Europe... and hopefully China...

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

singaporean want atas brand.

G70 will slowly die like Infinity Q50 Q70

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Not a Mazda 3?

Bonnet line looks like Mazda 3.

Front façade looks like inifinity 

Rear looks like BMW/MB

Size profile looks likes a 5 series.

Jamesc and BanCoe praised this

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It's not just Singapore. Everywhere people look at brand first, there is always a perception of which brand is "better". If you are a "lousier" brand, it's hard to sell if you price similar or above the "better" brands.

Q50 is a good car for the price IMO. If I had 180k to choose between 318 or Q50, I would pick Q50.

Mcf777, Latio2005A and Tohto praised this

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

redstuff
  • Premium member
    redstuff
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

When I test drove Infiniti Q50 last year, SE told me the engine is MB engine ...

Mcf777 praised this

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: genesis, g70, hyundai

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users