3q1a6201_resize.jpg?itok=9nn7EfJ7

3q1a6519_resize.jpg?itok=nBTVAEj3

g70-interior-details-03.jpg?itok=sfFWxFm

g70-interior-details-01.jpg?itok=eEYxIBY

Looking good! Seems initial first drive reviews are positive too. :a-m1212:

Top Gear first drive review:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/genesis/33-turbo-sport-4dr/first-drive

Drive.com AU first drive review:

http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-reviews/driven--hyundai-s-mercedes-c-class-rival-65215.html

Nice launch/overview video from Korean Motorian channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLo9BGFe2o

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

yeah.. very mazda-ish .. the seat looks very VW-ish with the diamond stitch

volkswagen-golf-edition-2014-5.jpg

Is this rear wheel drive by any chance or its just a more expensive Elantra Sports ?

While the handling was predictable there’s plenty of body roll and the G70 doesn’t react with the same directness of BMW’s 3-Series or Audi‘s A4. The electronic power steering also lacks a linear progression, particularly in Sport mode where there is a lightness off-centre but then significant weight when you wind more lock on. The additional weight doesn’t bring any meaningful benefits in terms of feel, so hopefully the Australian tune will be better.

Looks like if price like a Mazda 3 will be quite tempting ..

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

Is this rear wheel drive by any chance or its just a more expensive Elantra Sports ?

based on the initial reviews, all versions of the G70 come with rear wheel drive (with all wheel drive option), 8-speed gearbox, torque vectoring, mechanical limited slip differential (LSD) and even launch control, G meter and lap timer... as standard..

.. so i guess it should drive better than an elantra sports... lol. [laugh]

2.0 Turbo version with 248 bhp will probably be the hot seller.. if it becomes available locally and priced right..

• Praise 1

yeah.. very mazda-ish .. the seat looks very VW-ish with the diamond stitch

volkswagen-golf-edition-2014-5.jpg

While the handling was predictable thereâs plenty of body roll and the G70 doesnât react with the same directness of BMWâs 3-Series or Audiâs A4. The electronic power steering also lacks a linear progression, particularly in Sport mode where there is a lightness off-centre but then significant weight when you wind more lock on. The additional weight doesnât bring any meaningful benefits in terms of feel, so hopefully the Australian tune will be better.

Looks like if price like a Mazda 3 will be quite tempting ..

Dude... this is a Genesis... Mazda 3 price? What are you smoking... pass some over...
  • Praise 1

Dude... this is a Genesis... Mazda 3 price? What are you smoking... pass some over...

you sell a new entire fleet of so call "luxury" car without a steep discount, who wants to take the risk to buy...? 

So it has to be price at a sweet spot that is too hard to refused.

Case in point. Infinity... do you see a sell out take up rate ?

Rear wheel drive. 2.0 engine. 

Even the G30 which is a reskin A class, also going no where. 

Unless the car is soooooooo technologically superior , I doubt no one would come out hard cash for a korean Luxus

And the profile segment that KMC is chasing after? If its the merc or BMW owner, whats the lifestyle experience that comes with the car ?

You can only begin with the Camry and Mazda 3 2.0 category to try to inch your way to the market with a price band.

When the innovation consumer curve hit 10%, thats where the 34% starts to bite.

early adopters will not queue up at KMC for 8 hrs just to book this car like Apple product. That much I am sure.

When I first saw the pics of the G70 I also thought I was looking at a Mazda 6. I was thinking facelift for the 6. LoL...

So I Googled to look for the concept car for the G70.....Looks far from it. Concept looks too radical from the real wan.

260_Genesis_New_York_Concept-e1458803891

genesis-new-york-concept-2016-new-york-a

genesis-new-york-concept-2016-new-york-a

I don't see Genesis cars on our roads. I think one hand is more dan enough to count.

I know the Koreans have been making a lot of big luxury sedans for their domestic market from the longest time. But what I see is that they are lacking is new innovative technology. What I see mostly are "rip-offs" from existing makes from Germany and they put it in their cars.

They are no doubt good in their engineering dept but they lack something distinctive like only the Koreans have. They need to spend more on R&D.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

you sell a new entire fleet of so call "luxury" car without a steep discount, who wants to take the risk to buy...?

So it has to be price at a sweet spot that is too hard to refused.

Case in point. Infinity... do you see a sell out take up rate ?

Rear wheel drive. 2.0 engine.

Even the G30 which is a reskin A class, also going no where.

Unless the car is soooooooo technologically superior , I doubt no one would come out hard cash for a korean Luxus

And the profile segment that KMC is chasing after? If its the merc or BMW owner, whats the lifestyle experience that comes with the car ?

You can only begin with the Camry and Mazda 3 2.0 category to try to inch your way to the market with a price band.

When the innovation consumer curve hit 10%, thats where the 34% starts to bite.

early adopters will not queue up at KMC for 8 hrs just to book this car like Apple product. That much I am sure.

It's really not for our market... it's aimed squarely at US & Europe... and hopefully China...