Genesis G70

Coolant

I was quoted 232k all in for XE 3.0S and 240k for Q50 RS.

sub 200k for the G70 3.3 is a bit hard i think, unless OMV is below 35-40k which is hard.

For about 200-210k, they have my business.

lets go bang table together...

Buying is easy.

Reselling it on the used market maybe tough, unless you going to hand it down to your mom or dad to drive when you are tired of the thing and want to move on.

↡ Advertisement

Buying is easy.

Reselling it on the used market maybe tough, unless you going to hand it down to your mom or dad to drive when you are tired of the thing and want to move on.

It's all about price. If buy brand new at annual depre of say $18k, then sell after 5 years at $13-14k, still acceptable. At $13-14k should have takers I reckon.

Today you buy a new G30 or W213 at $22k depre, 5 years later also sell at $16-$18k.

• Praise 1

It's all about price. If buy brand new at annual depre of say $18k, then sell after 5 years at $13-14k, still acceptable. At $13-14k should have takers I reckon.

Today you buy a new G30 or W213 at $22k depre, 5 years later also sell at $16-$18k.

The main issue with resale is not so much the brand but whether the car has chronic issues. Just like VW cars' resale value tank despite its lofty branding because of its persistent mechanical failures and expensive repairs. Some ADs do not accept VWs as trade-ins, buyers will have to sell their VWs on their own.

The main issue with resale is not so much the brand but whether the car has chronic issues. Just like VW cars' resale value tank despite its lofty branding because of its persistent mechanical failures and expensive repairs. Some ADs do not accept VWs as trade-ins, buyers will have to sell their VWs on their own.

Granted, you do have a point there. But somehow I don't think the Koreans will end up in that category. 

I was quoted 232k all in for XE 3.0S and 240k for Q50 RS.

sub 200k for the G70 3.3 is a bit hard i think, unless OMV is below 35-40k which is hard.

For about 200-210k, they have my business.

lets go bang table together...

I just discovered that the G70 is quite a bit smaller than the Kia Stinger. It's overall length is 145mm shorter, and has a 75mm shorter wheelbase.

No wonder the Kia looks more spacious in the YouTube reviews. Hmmm...

I just discovered that the G70 is quite a bit smaller than the Kia Stinger. It's overall length is 145mm shorter, and has a 75mm shorter wheelbase.

No wonder the Kia looks more spacious in the YouTube reviews. Hmmm...

Yes, G70 is A4/A5 size while Stinger is A7 size (slightly shorter and narrower but same wheelbase).

I thought G70 and Stinger are on the same platform? They made slight modifications?

Same platform yes... but you can still modify the exterior bits significantly... even suspension setup can be totally different...

I thought G70 and Stinger are on the same platform? They made slight modifications?

Both G70 and Stinger use downsized platform of G80, with the G70 downsized more than the Stinger, apparently.

3.3L v6 twin turbo .. 365bhp... actually very respectable to me... and i saw quite a few genesis g80 and kia stinger going around already.

well at least... you won't find the same car in the carpark and get missing... 

brand or manufacture country really doesn't make that much difference already i think. seeing what hyundai kia has been releasing past 2 years vs mazda or mitsubishi etc hands down hyundai kia wins... 

interior also more chic than toyota IMHO