Toys 'R' Us Files For Bankruptcy

DACH

if no one came to the rescue, even Toys R Us sinapore will be closed eventually.

If they are making money, they won't need to be rescued (maybe just change name?).

If they are not making money, why throw good money after bad?

nono... u dont get what im saying...  

to work at McD min age is 16....   if u telll them to work there... means.. they hit minimum age... means they are most likely too old for toys! 

if they like toys.. then .. its likely they have not hit the min age.. for which.. you are cruel to suggest child labour!!!

Haha....as if I'm going to force children into child labour. Get real. [hur]

• Praise 1

While Toys 'R' Us said the "vast majority" of its stores are profitable

if this is true , how did they go bankrupt....

Bankruptcy doesn't mean you are not profitable though. Just means your cashflow cannot meet your obligations.

But in their case, most likely their operations can still be profitable but their owner took a hefty loan on their books to finance the LBO. So cannot afford the hefty loan installments lor. Now they declare chpt 11 which means they are re-organizing the business instead of closing/liquidating it. Probably hold the debt-owners at gunpoint and force them to convert to equity at a big haircut - this will lower their loan repayments and they can continue to run the business.

• Praise 1

or catch spiders....   some extreme cases go f**k spiders...   [:p]

....  either your kids are still in love with toys in their teenage years... or you are a cruel father...  [rolleyes]

hahaha! yes, catch spiders! 

I saw in ToyRUs they have this ant farm  . . . . seems like fun.

nono... u dont get what im saying...  

to work at McD min age is 16....   if u telll them to work there... means.. they hit minimum age... means they are most likely too old for toys! 

if they like toys.. then .. its likely they have not hit the min age.. for which.. you are cruel to suggest child labour!!!

Not sure about MCD but legal age to work in SG is 13.

hahaha! yes, catch spiders! 

I saw in ToyRUs they have this ant farm  . . . . seems like fun.

Haha. Let me know if got Lelong sale.

Actually, I always wanted a bee farm.... but my house. haiz.

If they are making money, they won't need to be rescued (maybe just change name?).

If they are not making money, why throw good money after bad?

not necessary mean totally bad, Cros and Lego also went into bankruptcy before but they came back stronger.

Unlike bookstores, toys is still popular and they need someone clever to turn it around.

not necessary mean totally bad, Cros and Lego also went into bankruptcy before but they came back stronger.

Unlike bookstores, toys is still popular and they need someone clever to turn it around.

Yeah. Just sell toys at a very high price...like Cros and Lego. [laugh]

Look at how Lego invest in movie after movie of their own and no need to pay for royalties. They own the rights and produce their own toys. Of course make money.

Look at how Lego invest in movie after movie of their own and no need to pay for royalties. They own the rights and produce their own toys. Of course make money.

the movie is about starwars, harry potter, batman, etc. still need to pay royalties for those owners.  The idea is how they extend a squarish bricks into so many other concepts and products, movies, theme park, etc.

What you said reminds me of Marvel. Who also went bankrupt.

the movie is about starwars, harry potter, batman, etc. still need to pay royalties for those owners.  The idea is how they extend a squarish bricks into so many other concepts and products, movies, theme park, etc.

Yeah, you are right. Good thing about bricks. Anything is possible.

What you said reminds me of Marvel. Who also went bankrupt.

You mean comics/comic books?

Toy r us. Here is a joint venture with hk partner.

They too face lots of pressure from online which is why you gradually see more of their house brands.

It been 2 years since they face this online problems.

Think should text their top management for more info.

If not cannot get back my goods.

But should be ok. Worst case the hk partners buy up the shares then change to their own brand stores

• Praise 7

Yeah, you are right. Good thing about bricks. Anything is possible.

You mean comics/comic books?

Don't they have all the movies now?

Bankruptcy doesn't mean you are not profitable though. Just means your cashflow cannot meet your obligations.

But in their case, most likely their operations can still be profitable but their owner took a hefty loan on their books to finance the LBO. So cannot afford the hefty loan installments lor. Now they declare chpt 11 which means they are re-organizing the business instead of closing/liquidating it. Probably hold the debt-owners at gunpoint and force them to convert to equity at a big haircut - this will lower their loan repayments and they can continue to run the business.

wah wah...i think you have potential to be ceo 

[thumbsup]  :D