Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

Should opt for Honda Sensing, very useful and safe. Loves the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control, it will auto-keep me within my lane and accelerate/brake according to the preset speed or surrounding cars. The auto braking works afew times too, pretty useful. Please opt for it, think no other cars below $130k has such full suite of functions.

Everything is in Jap yes? How do you handle it?
↡ Advertisement

Everything is in Jap yes? How do you handle it?

The Japan words are kinda like Chinese words so that helps quite abit and the signs are pretty self-explanatory. Not as daunting as what you would think.

In addition, there is a translated English manual in the vezel facebook group. Or can use google translate app to take a photo and translate on the spot for you if needed.

• Praise 1

me too. Can anyone share the experience with Sensing? Is it really useful to avoid collision ?

Yes ... It is a useful feature to have :a-m1212:

Do take note that it would be most ideal to tap on the brakes ourselves when the 'Orange display with a Car' is shown on the dashboard otherwise the car will auto brake and the sound is like 'Croak Croak Croak ...' which sounds terrible IMHO :XD:

Any reliable PI recommend for Vezel purchase? thanks in advance.

You can look for those reputable ones like Jack Car, Vincar, Hua Yang ... etc

Couple of my friends gotten theirs from Guan Motor ...

Always remember that 'Cheap is not necessary good' when buying from PI or even when you purchase other items ... and there is always no best ideal deal one [nod]

Should opt for Honda Sensing, very useful and safe. Loves the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control, it will auto-keep me within my lane and accelerate/brake according to the preset speed or surrounding cars. The auto braking works afew times too, pretty useful. Please opt for it, think no other cars below $130k has such full suite of functions.

Agree to the Sensing being absolutely useful.

The ACC jam brake a couple of times when a car cuts into the lane in front, that is quite dangerous if the car behind is tailgating.

Can mitigate it by shortening the keep distance, but that lowers the safety.

In Malaysia highway, the ACC it is an absolute blessing.

The LKAS is very fun to play with. It keeps the car in the lane, even at bends.

But in Malaysia roads, as the lane markings are many times "missing", it does not work.

The CMBS works very well.

Jammed brake and helped prevented a collision while turning right and the car in front jam brake suddenly to avoid a motorcycle from challenging a red light.

It also does not have a problem with the car park gantry as mentioned by some who are using CTBA.

The sound the brake makes is absolutely horrifying when engaged though. Scared the sh*t out of me when it was engaged the first time.

The ACC jam brake a couple of times when a car cuts into the lane in front, that is quite dangerous if the car behind is tailgating.

But in Malaysia roads, as the lane markings are many times "missing", it does not work.

Jammed brake and helped prevented a collision while turning right and the car in front jam brake suddenly to avoid a motorcycle from challenging a red light.

It also does not have a problem with the car park gantry as mentioned by some who are using CTBA.

The sound the brake makes is absolutely horrifying when engaged though. Scared the sh*t out of me when it was engaged the first time.

Agrees with you too bro, the CMBS works fine for me too. It's an upgraded version from CTBA which is overly sensitive to gantries and etc.

The auto-braking sure sounds horrifying as the ABS (anti-lock braking system) is activated when the car jam-brakes instantly. But glad to know it's there to save our ass when needed.

Does anyone prefer the older model look rather than the 2018?

I don't think I like the facelift for 2018.

Or is it just me?

Wat is ‘new’ other than look?

I heard better insulation?

Wat else?

I recently got a 2017 honda rs. it came with a gathers vxm-174vfi navigation system. The navigation/maps/gps is irrelevant to me as i live in the caribbean. 

My problem is I cannot get the USB drive to detect. I ve tried different usbs with different format and it just does not work. when i plug in a usb drive an error comes up in japanese which translates to something like "check usb destination" . How do i get the usb to work?

Also, the time on the speedometer and navigation system is incorrect. It is one hour ahead of my time. There are no time settings on the speedometer or navigation system. How can i get the correct time?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

post-187380-0-37123900-1523326727_thumb.jpg

As Honda Vezel is a JDM (Japan Domestic Market) Model, the menu for Honda Sensing will only be Japanese language and cannot chance.

Another way is that you can go see Honda HRV with Sensing from Kah Motor to see whether the menu is in English or not. Maybe can consider HRV since it's also from Japan but the price will be higher than Honda Vezel.

Higher price but peace of mind as warranty is from agent

Last weekend,went up to KL..using sensing..very useful.But bear in mind,have to be alert of sudden braking especially on high speed lane.You have to lookout very very far to anticipate your action.FYI,the speed can adjust up to only 115km max.

Mind is Petrol Vezel with sensing facelifted bought  last year May. [bounce2]  [thumbsup]

For additional assurance,ppl can say kiasu,I bought spare tyre inspite of their gel pump for tyres included upon purchase.Normally will bring along during my long distance trip,you never know what will happen next..Enjoy driving [drivingcar]  [wave]

Edited by Cammys_MR

Yes bought a Hybrid Z version. My true cost is $9,827 depreciation a year.

Z Hybrid is the most equipped of all Vezels.

Additional equipment versus X and RS version are:

1. 4 automatic windows

2. Roof rack

3. 17 Inch rims (this is perfect size), if go 18 inch on RS version, future tyre repalcement will usually cost around $300 - $400 a pc

4. Hard tonneau cover

5. Extra power / cigarette lighter in boot comparment

6. When put in reverse, the side mirror on left passenger side with auto tilt down for parking

I wish I saw this before. I've owned a z but now I own a RS. Logic would dictate that the RS should have all the features of the z.

I'm disappointed :-(

I wish I saw this before. I've owned a z but now I own a RS. Logic would dictate that the RS should have all the features of the z.

I'm disappointed :-(

Ok..for point 6.

Now I know why there is a smaller mirror under the left size mirror.