BTO flat bathroom doors splitting, HDB does nothing

oleandero

utterly disappointed with HDB (whats new?!)

Long story short:

collected BTO flat keys Feb 2016, punggol along waterway area

recently spotted master bedroom toilet door starting to split at the edges from the bottom. first noticed in July 2017. called HDB and was informed past warranty period. nothing can be done. gave me contractor's contact for quote, contractor bo huh me. fine

few days ago, spotted common toilet door starting to split at the edges from the top. emailed into HDB feedback. received call from the same officer who spoke to me the first time and regurgitated the same "out of warranty" story. when i refused to budge, another lady spoke to me and said it may be due to the owners not doing proper maintenance and due to usage issues. seriously? how to use until the edges split? bang the door daily as a hobby? 

if its only one door, fine, i suay. now its both doors. obviously its quality issues! we topup for optional components for inferior products! kaos. 

(no idea why after attaching the picture was rotated) 

post-147193-0-33899400-1505980995.jpg

post-147193-0-31043800-1505981198.jpg

any bros encountered anything similar and managed to get HDB do something about the issue? can share?

im so sorry for starting in the wrong section.. how can i move it to non-car related! sorry!!

↡ Advertisement

Asking HDB do something about the issue? I believe wait long long lo, if they can do or willing to do something about it, then you would not need to post here liao. Lol.

• Praise 1

Legally speaking, warranty period is indeed over so they have no obligation to do anything.

But if you want, can post on social media and alternative media sites to whack them. They might then decide to do something.

• Praise 1

maybe can try to see MP, my problem got solved by seeing MP, some supervisors in HDB hate me now   [laugh]  [laugh]

That's their problem, innit.

If they had done their job properly in the first place you wouldn't have had to complain.

To be a supervisor in HDB or Town Council first requirement is thick skin.

Second requirement is to be able to fob customers off.

Third requirement is to say problem is due to other parts gov bodies, DEA if town council - HDB if DEA etc etc.

No requirement for common sense or helpfulness.

• Praise 1

That's their problem, innit.

If they had done their job properly in the first place you wouldn't have had to complain.

To be a supervisor in HDB or Town Council first requirement is thick skin.

Second requirement is to be able to fob customers off.

Third requirement is to say problem is due to other parts gov bodies, DEA if town council - HDB if DEA etc etc.

No requirement for common sense or helpfulness.

You are right. All these people at HDB and town council indeed very thick skin, most of the problems you tell them, they will tell you either not their problem or nothing much they can do about or they would not able to do anything, even the fault is lie with them.

maybe can try to see MP, my problem got solved by seeing MP, some supervisors in HDB hate me now   [laugh]  [laugh]

Cannot be any big big small small problem also see MP la. Lol. Also cannot guaranteed after seeing MP, problem would be solved?!

What was your problem huh?

30 yrs old unit,

1. toilet ceiling tiny leak.

2. bedroom aircon wall water sip in whenever heavy rain.

after seeing MP, they force the owner (not living in singapore) to do their flooring.  HDB immediately respond and came to make good the outer wall.

All problem solved.

• Praise 3

warranty over liao... how long u expect HDB contractor to cover defects?  lifetime?

I would say it depends (especially right after warranty over). If just 1 item breaks down, then you gotta suck thumb.

Now imagine on the other extreme end where EVERYTHING fails right after the warranty end. 

warranty over liao... how long u expect HDB contractor to cover defects?  lifetime?

1 door i llst. 2 doors = bad quality right? 

officer got the cheek to tell me, "door used for very long already. thats why cannot cover." my response to that: "1.5yrs is very long? so 10yrs later, my house will crumble right?" 

• Praise 1

contractor obligations to rectify defects is only during warranty period lor.. any rectification after warranty period is on good-will and case-by-case basis.. Complaining thru MP can motivate HDB to treat your case as an exception to be rectified.

utterly disappointed with HDB (whats new?!)

Long story short:

collected BTO flat keys Feb 2016, punggol along waterway area

recently spotted master bedroom toilet door starting to split at the edges from the bottom. first noticed in July 2017. called HDB and was informed past warranty period. nothing can be done. gave me contractor's contact for quote, contractor bo huh me. fine

few days ago, spotted common toilet door starting to split at the edges from the top. emailed into HDB feedback. received call from the same officer who spoke to me the first time and regurgitated the same "out of warranty" story. when i refused to budge, another lady spoke to me and said it may be due to the owners not doing proper maintenance and due to usage issues. seriously? how to use until the edges split? bang the door daily as a hobby?

if its only one door, fine, i suay. now its both doors. obviously its quality issues! we topup for optional components for inferior products! kaos.

(no idea why after attaching the picture was rotated)

Door - Common toilet.JPG

Door - Master bedroom.JPG

any bros encountered anything similar and managed to get HDB do something about the issue? can share?

im so sorry for starting in the wrong section.. how can i move it to non-car related! sorry!!

I share only base on diy part not whose responsibility ah

Generally wooden doors are very weak to water

Last time donno bto or dbss got mushroom grow from door

That's why for toilet, best is to use plastic door

There is a cheap and easy way to solve this but a bit ugly

You buy some stainless screws

Taobao very cheap

Borrow somebody power screw driver to screw the sides back into the main body of the door

But the screw must flush sweet sweet if not cannot close door

Buy laquer and paint the door also to prevent further damage

• Praise 7

30 yrs old unit,

1. toilet ceiling tiny leak.

2. bedroom aircon wall water sip in whenever heavy rain.

after seeing MP, they force the owner (not living in singapore) to do their flooring.  HDB immediately respond and came to make good the outer wall.

All problem solved.

HDB never able to contact the owner? Thought water leaking on toilet ceiling quite common esp on older flats. When you see MP, MP never say such a small matter also come see MP?

i hope i am right. your picture seem to show the door architrave or trimming that have came off. 

these are nail or glue on to the main panel. vibration, contact with water may cause them to give way. some diy may solve it. YouTube is a good source. hehe

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1