BTO flat bathroom doors splitting, HDB does nothing

oleandero

HDB never able to contact the owner? Thought water leaking on toilet ceiling quite common esp on older flats. When you see MP, MP never say such a small matter also come see MP?

HDB probably couldn't be bothered to follow up la. Maybe just wrote a letter to owner (who is not in country)

MP won't say that. Cuz small problem you might not even get to see the MP. Some lackey will take your problem down, write letter then get MP to sign.

↡ Advertisement

Actually I thought they have a statutory obligation to rectify defect during the dlp, but it doesn't mean they have no legal liability for defects after the dlp. If within 6 yrs, you can still find a lawyer and claim against them in court. Of course for small defect, it is pointless to do so

Bto flats like ec and condo, has a period of about 1 month to report manufacturing defects, after which cannot claim repair. So what's there to complain?

1 year.

30 yrs old unit,

1. toilet ceiling tiny leak.

2. bedroom aircon wall water sip in whenever heavy rain.

after seeing MP, they force the owner (not living in singapore) to do their flooring.  HDB immediately respond and came to make good the outer wall.

All problem solved.

Hmmmm...... your MP must be LHL ..... [sly] 

30 years old building and they response ..   :slow: 

:XD: 

warranty over liao... how long u expect HDB contractor to cover defects?  lifetime?

Not contractor but Town Council .... :yuush: 

We pay monthly fee to them and what they did  with it.... :omg: 

Invest in Leyman Brothers ...   [furious]     :pissed-off: 

• Praise 2

BTO is subsidised housing or not?

Please clarify.

Nope.

Hmmmm...... your MP must be LHL ..... [sly]

30 years old building and they response .. :slow:

:XD:

Eh... All his issues are under hdb or tc leh.

Even if it is 100 year old flat, they must settle.

Edited by Kusje

1 door i llst. 2 doors = bad quality right?

officer got the cheek to tell me, "door used for very long already. thats why cannot cover." my response to that: "1.5yrs is very long? so 10yrs later, my house will crumble right?"

Teach you one trick. Next time when talking to government agencies first thing get their full name and department or section.

2nd..tell them nicely.."Actually I was thinking going to the MP for assistance. They are there to help me. But it would be rude to do so if I didn't seek the proper channel assistance first.."

Hahaha see how the response..don't call up and shoot out your problem first... when dealing with those people. Be diplomatic just like them..

HDB probably couldn't be bothered to follow up la. Maybe just wrote a letter to owner (who is not in country)

MP won't say that. Cuz small problem you might not even get to see the MP. Some lackey will take your problem down, write letter then get MP to sign.

My area MP..generally after writing letter would ask do you want to see MP? If yes take queue nose again. If no bye bye. Hahaha..anyway seeing MP is like in ans out of the room less than 10 sec job.

Still remember last time toilet door was aluminum.

Will last 99 years..

You won't get to live 99years.

Anyway we all leased from HDB. We are lessee not owner. HDB should fulfill the part of lease agreement.

• Praise 8

I think they have used wrong material for the bath room door. Those door panels are just pieces of wood/plywood glued together. If you pry it open, you'll be shocked to see the so-called frame inside! Some of them are just pieces of loose timber (not properly fixed together) for the outer plywood to be glued on. 

Glue will lose its effectiveness after certain period of time. In the case of bath room, it is even worse because water will be splashed on to the door, causing it to split sooner than others!

• Praise 3

This kind is small defect. If me I ownself fix. Can't be bothered to comprain.

In the first place I won't want this kinda door to be bathroom door. I rather install the sliding/folding doors. Hence I won't opt for all the additional furnishing.

• Praise 5

I think they have used wrong material for the bath room door. Those door panels are just pieces of wood/plywood glued together. If you pry it open, you'll be shocked to see the so-called frame inside! Some of them are just pieces of loose timber (not properly fixed together) for the outer plywood to be glued on. 

Glue will lose its effectiveness after certain period of time. In the case of bath room, it is even worse because water will be splashed on to the door, causing it to split sooner than others!

Don't understand how all those people choose materials for the new generation of flats.

Water and wood can't stay together, and wood will degrade and damage if expose to water or environment near water for too long. Somemore use glue to stick them together and poorly laminated. That's really poor design and use of materials plus sloppy work.

The old flats use aluminium doors, which can last for decades. Fuss free and easy to clean. Only drawback is that it can be noisy sometimes.

• Praise 3

Don't understand how all those people choose materials for the new generation of flats.

Water and wood can't stay together, and wood will degrade and damage if expose to water or environment near water for too long. Somemore use glue to stick them together and poorly laminated. That's really poor design and use of materials plus sloppy work.

The old flats use aluminium doors, which can last for decades. Fuss free and easy to clean. Only drawback is that it can be noisy sometimes.

Exactly. How could they match wood with water!? 

The first flat's toilet door was aluminium. No problem. except like what you said. a bit of noise. My second flat, plastic doors for both. I changed one of them to a sliding one as I need the internal space. Very good and n o noise. Its condition is like new! No sign of wear and tear!

My area MP..generally after writing letter would ask do you want to see MP? If yes take queue nose again. If no bye bye. Hahaha..anyway seeing MP is like in ans out of the room less than 10 sec job.

You mean even after writing to MP still not counted? Still have to go queue and see MP in person before MP solve your problem? Nowadays many MP has facebook, so send them message on their facebook can or not?

↡ Advertisement