BTO flat bathroom doors splitting, HDB does nothing

oleandero

That's the door lipping. 

Normally it's attached to the door by glue and nails but it's lousy workmanship.

Either you use 'tiger' glue to stick it back and then use nail to attach it again, or just change the door.

First option is cheaper for sure.

But if you see what is inside the so-called bedroom door, etc...you will be shocked. Layers of cardboard paper inside. I think 1 kick will break open the door. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You mean even after writing to MP still not counted? Still have to go queue and see MP in person before MP solve your problem? Nowadays many MP has facebook, so send them message on their facebook can or not?

You try write on LHL AMK MP facebook see any response.

Nope I generally won't be bother writing to MP directly. Standard reply template.

I meant go take queue number see the ka kia and feedback your problem. They will draft the letter and get the MP to sign. Here come our choice. See MP or not. See her less than 10 sec must take another queue number again.

Edited by Kopites

As to TS. I reckon he is not so much concern of the spoiled door. He is more worry in months to come more defects might surface.

I recommend TS to go see your MP. Even though not of much help at least you did make a record with your MP for future reference (bang table). Keep those pink or blue (meet the MP visit slip). Another 2years when MP come knocking your door...show him your complain slips. It works! Trust me.

• Praise 1

Nope.

Eh... All his issues are under hdb or tc leh.

Even if it is 100 year old flat, they must settle.

I have no knowledge so am asking.

If bto is not subsidized in any way at all why is it under HDB ?

Does this mean that HDB is using tax payer money to develop "private" property for sale for profit to restricted qualified parties. And then channelling this profit back to build normal hdb flats to benefit some people who then use hdb units to profiteer.

Hhhhmmmmm, doesnt seem right.

Don't understand how all those people choose materials for the new generation of flats.

Water and wood can't stay together, and wood will degrade and damage if expose to water or environment near water for too long. Somemore use glue to stick them together and poorly laminated. That's really poor design and use of materials plus sloppy work.

The old flats use aluminium doors, which can last for decades. Fuss free and easy to clean. Only drawback is that it can be noisy sometimes.

Old timers all trousers no hat
  • Praise 1

1 door i llst. 2 doors = bad quality right?

officer got the cheek to tell me, "door used for very long already. thats why cannot cover." my response to that: "1.5yrs is very long? so 10yrs later, my house will crumble right?"

Join yr estate Facebook waterway xxxx

I think that guy call Wilfred (Indian chief)

Floor tiling in this estate also pop up.

I heard they are writing petition to the mp

utterly disappointed with HDB (whats new?!)

Long story short:

collected BTO flat keys Feb 2016, punggol along waterway area

recently spotted master bedroom toilet door starting to split at the edges from the bottom. first noticed in July 2017. called HDB and was informed past warranty period. nothing can be done. gave me contractor's contact for quote, contractor bo huh me. fine

few days ago, spotted common toilet door starting to split at the edges from the top. emailed into HDB feedback. received call from the same officer who spoke to me the first time and regurgitated the same "out of warranty" story. when i refused to budge, another lady spoke to me and said it may be due to the owners not doing proper maintenance and due to usage issues. seriously? how to use until the edges split? bang the door daily as a hobby?

if its only one door, fine, i suay. now its both doors. obviously its quality issues! we topup for optional components for inferior products! kaos.

(no idea why after attaching the picture was rotated)

Door - Common toilet.JPG

Door - Master bedroom.JPG

any bros encountered anything similar and managed to get HDB do something about the issue? can share?

im so sorry for starting in the wrong section.. how can i move it to non-car related! sorry!!

Do a door-to-door walk, check if your neighbours have same defects.

If have at least 5 units have similar issue, email RC & TC to arrange dialogue with Janil Puthucheary to seek his advice to resolve the issue.

Even IKEA stuff last more than a year.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

I have no knowledge so am asking.

If bto is not subsidized in any way at all why is it under HDB ?

Does this mean that HDB is using tax payer money to develop "private" property for sale for profit to restricted qualified parties. And then channelling this profit back to build normal hdb flats to benefit some people who then use hdb units to profiteer.

Hhhhmmmmm, doesnt seem right.

Yeah. It isn't right....

But what's this got to do with poor quality doors?

• Praise 1

My parent just collected their 2 br key 2 weeks ago

Surprising HDB workmanship is far better then my CDL apartment, there’s only 1 defect spotted for the HDB

Even our ID contractor who help us report those defects also couldn’t agreed more

I doubt it's the quality that's questionable, rather it's the application. Why would HDB allow such wooden laminated doors to be used as a bathroom door? Most of the time bathroom is wet, wood somemore laminated will give way easily under such conditions. Whoever at HDB approve this kinda door for bathroom use ought to be shot. And why MP have to deal with this kinda trivial stuff when ppl do not do their jobs properly?

Feedback to HDB. Question why they approve the use of such doors for bathrooms. Is it becoz of cost?

• Praise 2

I doubt it's the quality that's questionable, rather it's the application. Why would HDB allow such wooden laminated doors to be used as a bathroom door? Most of the time bathroom is wet, wood somemore laminated will give way easily under such conditions. Whoever at HDB approve this kinda door for bathroom use ought to be shot. And why MP have to deal with this kinda trivial stuff when ppl do not do their jobs properly?

Feedback to HDB. Question why they approve the use of such doors for bathrooms. Is it becoz of cost?

well, HDB's officer said my feedback on the quality will be noted but nothing can be done by them to my doors. its like talking to automated machine on the loop that items are out of warranty, nothing can be done.

I suppose the 'fit for purpose' argument may not apply if only one occupier has this problem.

ya.. will go source for more people in the neighbourhood with similar issue! not going to back down so easy.. 

Teach you one trick. Next time when talking to government agencies first thing get their full name and department or section.

2nd..tell them nicely.."Actually I was thinking going to the MP for assistance. They are there to help me. But it would be rude to do so if I didn't seek the proper channel assistance first.."

Hahaha see how the response..don't call up and shoot out your problem first... when dealing with those people. Be diplomatic just like them..

My area MP..generally after writing letter would ask do you want to see MP? If yes take queue nose again. If no bye bye. Hahaha..anyway seeing MP is like in ans out of the room less than 10 sec job.

You won't get to live 99years.

Anyway we all leased from HDB. We are lessee not owner. HDB should fulfill the part of lease agreement.

the lady officer is going to call me back again. will definitely note down both the officers name this time and tell them what you suggested.. haha!

well, HDB's officer said my feedback on the quality will be noted but nothing can be done by them to my doors. its like talking to automated machine on the loop that items are out of warranty, nothing can be done.

If you get more people with the same problem and then start to kpkb on social media and alternative news sites, suddenly something can be done  :D

After reading through the posts, frankly I do not think it is something that needs to be taken to MP level as it is rather low cost.

It is just not worth it to spend the time to queue and take the statements and the waiting for letter or outcome, just for that few hundred dollars? Don't you think the time could be better spent relaxing from work or with family? And mind you, your case is not really that strong as you come up only after warranty is over.

To me, this defect should be slowly happening. So you must have noticed it when it is unfolding. Anyway as I said, not worth the time and effort to meet a MP for this kind of trivial issue, unless you are of low income family which I assume not. If you can afford a car, then this is really trivial.

And lets not bring in the topic of whether HDB is subsidized or not. TS definitely not keen to discuss about it. Not relevant to the thread at all. Period.

• Praise 3

Was the door in contact with water?

Nowadays, the design for HDB bathrooms are the so called "dry bathroom". The only wet area is the shower cubicle. No need to wash and scrub the whole bathroom. Just mop down will do.

This was what I learnt from HGTV. 

You try write on LHL AMK MP facebook see any response.

Nope I generally won't be bother writing to MP directly. Standard reply template.

I meant go take queue number see the ka kia and feedback your problem. They will draft the letter and get the MP to sign. Here come our choice. See MP or not. See her less than 10 sec must take another queue number again.

If write to the authorities also standard reply template, then even write to MP also standard reply template, then how? No wonder most of the problems cannot be solved, cause no matter who you complain to also come back standard template?!  -_-

ya.. will go source for more people in the neighbourhood with similar issue! not going to back down so easy.. 

the lady officer is going to call me back again. will definitely note down both the officers name this time and tell them what you suggested.. haha!

The key word that these authorities would always reply you is, nothing can be done. Last time i feedback to hdb on the washing point at my MSCP, they even worst, never get back to me at all!

Not sure if TS can really get this done FOC, but just want to say that generally contractors nowadays really give poor quality materials and workmanship.

My own place got many defects here and there just after DLP, in fact some showed during DLP - and that's not too bad cos still can rectify/replace.

But note that there are some defects that cannot be seen or detected right away, and can still be brought up when over the DLP. These are called latent defects. I learnt this along the way too, and the main con came to see and immediately offered to replace it FOC, way after DLP... Hope this will be useful to those who are not aware.

Good luck to TS.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1