BTO flat bathroom doors splitting, HDB does nothing

oleandero

the current toilets the wet area is quite a distance from the door itself. So most people partition a wet and dry area by just building a small curb

whether u want glass doors is up to you.

I also have wooden cabinets in my bathroom dry area. Almost reaching 4 years. everything seems to be fine.

You guys very ancient niah, aluminium doors. Just use acrylic doors lah.

My doors all seem to be well made. No issues.

↡ Advertisement

If write to the authorities also standard reply template, then even write to MP also standard reply template, then how? No wonder most of the problems cannot be solved, cause no matter who you complain to also come back standard template?!  -_-

The key word that these authorities would always reply you is, nothing can be done. Last time i feedback to hdb on the washing point at my MSCP, they even worst, never get back to me at all!

whenever I feedback to LTA about potholes or uneven road, whether it is at KPE, TPE or shenton way, they fast hand fast leg.

within 7days, all done swee swee.

Even call and inform you all done liao.

i guess it must be something to do with safety issue.

in case accident happen and put blame on LTA 

whenever I feedback to LTA about potholes or uneven road, whether it is at KPE, TPE or shenton way, they fast hand fast leg.

within 7days, all done swee swee.

Even call and inform you all done liao.

i guess it must be something to do with safety issue.

in case accident happen and put blame on LTA 

Maybe safety issue they no choice but to react fast and do it. Others issue not life threatening, they will tell you will monitor and take action when necessary.  [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

You are right. All these people at HDB and town council indeed very thick skin, most of the problems you tell them, they will tell you either not their problem or nothing much they can do about or they would not able to do anything, even the fault is lie with them.

isn't it the same everywhere? favorite catch phrases: "IT'S LIKE THAT ONE!!!"

facebook and the media will kick them into action.

After reading through the posts, frankly I do not think it is something that needs to be taken to MP level as it is rather low cost.

It is just not worth it to spend the time to queue and take the statements and the waiting for letter or outcome, just for that few hundred dollars? Don't you think the time could be better spent relaxing from work or with family? And mind you, your case is not really that strong as you come up only after warranty is over.

To me, this defect should be slowly happening. So you must have noticed it when it is unfolding. Anyway as I said, not worth the time and effort to meet a MP for this kind of trivial issue, unless you are of low income family which I assume not. If you can afford a car, then this is really trivial.

And lets not bring in the topic of whether HDB is subsidized or not. TS definitely not keen to discuss about it. Not relevant to the thread at all. Period.

i strongly disagree!! if the cleaning of the roof of a hawker centre can take up parliament time, why not a bathroom door with the MP!

"They teach us it can be done this way one!"

Exactly. How could they match wood with water!?

The first flat's toilet door was aluminium. No problem. except like what you said. a bit of noise. My second flat, plastic doors for both. I changed one of them to a sliding one as I need the internal space. Very good and n o noise. Its condition is like new! No sign of wear and tear!

this wan is a modern problem.....nice to look at but too many plastics and expensive to maintain....

i strongly disagree!! if the cleaning of the roof of a hawker centre can take up parliament time, why not a bathroom door with the MP!

Not really apple to apple comparison. That one cost much higher and concern public health. Anyway also got politics involve which I am not too keen to touch on. Thanks.

Was the door in contact with water?

Nowadays, the design for HDB bathrooms are the so called "dry bathroom". The only wet area is the shower cubicle. No need to wash and scrub the whole bathroom. Just mop down will do.

This was what I learnt from HGTV. 

nope.. not in contact with water. shower area has got glass shower screen with raised curbs. so technically its "dry bathroom" where the doors are? we dont flood the toilet floor when washing the toilet as well. so its rare chance for the door to get in contact with water. funny thing is the common toilet door starts to split from the top. i definitely dont hose wash my ceiling or toilet walls.. nor do i have a bathtub at home which can steam up the whole toilet.. mmmm.. i cannot think of other reason for the split other than lousy quality?

nope.. not in contact with water. shower area has got glass shower screen with raised curbs. so technically its "dry bathroom" where the doors are? we dont flood the toilet floor when washing the toilet as well. so its rare chance for the door to get in contact with water. funny thing is the common toilet door starts to split from the top. i definitely dont hose wash my ceiling or toilet walls.. nor do i have a bathtub at home which can steam up the whole toilet.. mmmm.. i cannot think of other reason for the split other than lousy quality?

Got open the windows and let the moisture out after bath?

No kena water but still spilt confirm is poor quality liao

Got open the windows and let the moisture out after 

[nod]

No kena water but still spilt confirm is poor quality liao

exactly what i said! hais.. too bad i didnt notice earlier.. 

• Praise 1

I am curious why must MP be dragged into this?

A lot of people always have this thinking that everything cannot solve must report to MP, as if he/she is a superman that can help you to get your way, even though your way is not very straight in the first place.

I would like to think this MP avenue is more for bigger issues, and not such trivial matters.

Of course you are entitled to the thinking that you (help) voted this MP into office, so he must work his butt off to serve his constituent. That is fine with me. Just the scale of request, is it worth it to do it that way as have to sacrifice a whole evening to tell your sob story and sort of like begging. To me not worth it lah. Maybe for bigger issues.

My MP so free. I have never seem her speak in parliament. Not in my past 20 years. Hahaha

So give something to do. Feeding of stray cat at mscp (unsolved). Feeding of crow at lift lobby(unsolved). Toilet ceiling crack (solved). Toilet pipe cracked (solved), external walls water seepage (solved), illegal parking (unsolve), Eps not working (unsolved) and some other nieighbour personal issues which I assist go MP bang table. Hahaha me just a siao lan living in a mature neighbourhood where majority of illiterate elders. Hahaha

I am curious why must MP be dragged into this?

A lot of people always have this thinking that everything cannot solve must report to MP, as if he/she is a superman that can help you to get your way, even though your way is not very straight in the first place.

I would like to think this MP avenue is more for bigger issues, and not such trivial matters.

Of course you are entitled to the thinking that you (help) voted this MP into office, so he must work his butt off to serve his constituent. That is fine with me. Just the scale of request, is it worth it to do it that way as have to sacrifice a whole evening to tell your sob story and sort of like begging. To me not worth it lah. Maybe for bigger issues.

Bigger issue like the PE? Like the ox saga?

Hahaha laughing at myself now.

On serious note. MP should be the link bridge between you and the government. That is the reason why they are there in the first place. Like you said might well do away with the MP and set up a sole agencyou for Singaporean feedback on major marco issue.

Certain issue might be small in your context. To some is really a big issue. Toilet ceiling cracking with water seepage. For old folk where can they seek help? Call up contractor for quotation? Or approach TC/hdb? Hmm no everyone so blessed like you. Literate and concern of "bigger issue".

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

My MP so free. I have never seem her speak in parliament. Not in my past 20 years. Hahaha

So give something to do. Feeding of stray cat at mscp (unsolved). Feeding of crow at lift lobby(unsolved). Toilet ceiling crack (solved). Toilet pipe cracked (solved), external walls water seepage (solved), illegal parking (unsolve), Eps not working (unsolved) and some other nieighbour personal issues which I assist go MP bang table. Hahaha me just a siao lan living in a mature neighbourhood where majority of illiterate elders. Hahaha

Looks like everything which is outside your house is unsolved? Lol. Same thing also happened to my place lo, feedback things around the vicinity, all unsolved by town council/HDB.

↡ Advertisement