BTO flat bathroom doors splitting, HDB does nothing

oleandero

Hahahaha... Your age is showing.

Yeah.. I remember rusty hinge.

Wonder how many people here are of our generation to have seen it..

Rusty hinges come after many years.

$10 and 10mins is what I need to resolve this issue.

Of course you can talk to MP, town council , RC or news reporter etc etc.

I do things the cheap and fast way. My time precious, not getting younger. Those hours seeing all theses people or writing letters and emails to save $10 or 10 minutes?

I do no such thing. Itz TS prerogative of course. Take it to whoever you want lor. The time taken to even start this thread I would have solved the issue oredi. Wonder how old is the TS. Sometimes you can listen to some of the old farts..... here.

Chill. Now where is my beer.........

• Praise 6

Its quite an easy fix. Use 2 part expoxy to glue the parts together then use a couple of nails to secure the parts.

U have to suck thumb on the warranty part. Sometimes its just easier to fix on your own rather getting fed up trying to get other ppl to fix it.

sometimes not about the money but more of buay song about how issues are handled? one paid so much to add the topup elements and yet got lousy quality stuff?

if things are not solved then probably will diy ba

sometimes not about the money but more of buay song about how issues are handled? one paid so much to add the topup elements and yet got lousy quality stuff?

if things are not solved then probably will diy ba

Warranty period is already over. There are no issues. Owner acknowledged this when signing the contract.

One of my cabinet hinger came off less than a year after the id hand over the flat. My wife wanted to get the id to fix. I just told her i will do it in 10mins. Of coz these are simple fixes. Things like leakages or burst pipe is another matter altogether.

Now then i know can, next time i will write or see MP if my area bus services no good. Lol. Cause complain to bus operators and LTA no use.

See LTA 1st, if no reply, then ask MP why LTA no reply.

But your request must benefit your neighborhood 1st.

Warranty period is already over. There are no issues. Owner acknowledged this when signing the contract.

One of my cabinet hinger came off less than a year after the id hand over the flat. My wife wanted to get the id to fix. I just told her i will do it in 10mins. Of coz these are simple fixes. Things like leakages or burst pipe is another matter altogether.

ooo, for my id work, warranty is 5yrs supposedly. so far so good, just dont like my id's attitude. other than that, no major issues at the moment

See LTA 1st, if no reply, then ask MP why LTA no reply.

But your request must benefit your neighborhood 1st.

I believe LTA confirmed will reply, but if they replied with standard template and did not improve ot take action, then still can ask MP? Lol.

I believe LTA confirmed will reply, but if they replied with standard template and did not improve ot take action, then still can ask MP? Lol.

Don't think they dare to do nothing once the MP stepped in.

If they still do, then please continue to let the MP step in to work on the problem.

You don't pay them millions a year to do nothing, don't you?

Don't think they dare to do nothing once the MP stepped in.

If they still do, then please continue to let the MP step in to work on the problem.

You don't pay them millions a year to do nothing, don't you?

MP are not paid millions, only 15k allowance per month.

Paid millions are ministers....who must be MP in the 1st place.

Hdb should stop selling wooden door for toilet

Should just sell the plastic door that looks like wood

True, the feedback/complain for HDB is to hire and architect/Interior designer with common sense.

So they should scrap BTOs scheme and there would be no poor quality door arguments to contend with.

The problems lies in HDB hiring designers without common sense.

Seek the easy way as all doors can be source from the same supplier/installer, less tender/specs required.

Not scrap BTO scheme, but scrap the option of choosing floor tiles and door. If they are going to be lousy workmanship and quality, they shouldn't be offered in the 1st place.

• Praise 1

MP are not paid millions, only 15k allowance per month.

Paid millions are ministers....who must be MP in the 1st place.

True, the feedback/complain for HDB is to hire and architect/Interior designer with common sense.

Even if they are paid one dollar, they doing it for the people, voted in by the people who trusted that they will be represented.

In other words , duty, honor, country.

Not you paid for what you get or because of anything else.

They are there for a higher good. Or so that's what I was led to believe every 5 years. 

• Praise 5

Suck thumb and pay out of your own pocket.  If not try to fix it yourself..

After 5yrs sell and get another unit..

There is no guarantee that the new unit would be better!

Hdb should stop selling wooden door for toilet

Should just sell the plastic door that looks like wood

yes.....usually wooden doors are glued together usung pva glue and it is not water or moisture friendly. I just changed my toilet doors after 21 yrs of use after a few basic maintenance...last straw was when my daughter opened the door with her brute strength and the doir split into 2....

post-60339-0-14560000-1506234344_thumb.jpg

• Praise 7

Hahahaha... Your age is showing.

Yeah.. I remember rusty hinge.

Wonder how many people here are of our generation to have seen it..

aluminium toilet door with metal hinges that give the 'yee yee' sound... yes i remember.

my mother best'est. To prevent the sound, she used butter to lubricate the hinges. Works perfectly.

that was si bey long ago...

↡ Advertisement