MCF Members Introduction

Carbon82

Hello all, newbie sign in [laugh]

Nick(s): Bulls23

Marital Status: Married.

Occupation (official): Jaga other people's accounts

Occupation (unofficial): Uber driver for son and wife...

Car(s) owned: Lancer x 2, Stream, Qashqai

Dream Car(s): Performante, GT3RS

Favorite Pastimes: Jalan jalan with family, eating, basketball and kopi with friends...

å°å¼æç¤¼äº [:)]

Welcome to the forum

Get this thread going again:

Nick(s): ToeKneE_33

Marital Status: M

Occupation (official): Cleaner and Waste Collector

Occupation (unofficial): Sleeper

Car(s) owned: Let me take a deep breath first...ok...now...in chronological order:

'80 Mini Clubman, '90 Fiat Uno, '82 Mazda 323, '83 Toyota Corolla, '84 Citroen BX, '86 Citroen BX, '91 Fiat Tempra, '89 Lancia Thema Turbo, '95 Mitsubishi Galant VR, '99 Citroen Xantia 2L, '00 Citroen Xantia 3L, '05 Hyundai Tucscon, '07 Chevrolet Epica, '06 Toyota Mark X, '07 Toyota Crown, '10 MB E300 (current)

​I also part-own a race-prepped Proton Satria Neo based in Bolehland.

Dream Car(s): To have a garage of 4 cars, and being able to choose which car to drive for the day.

Favorite Pastimes: Amateur racing, F1, Reading about cars.

• Praise 17

Car(s) owned: Let me take a deep breath first...ok...now...in chronological order:

'80 Mini Clubman, '90 Fiat Uno, '82 Mazda 323, '83 Toyota Corolla, '84 Citroen BX, '86 Citroen BX, '91 Fiat Tempra, '89 Lancia Thema Turbo, '95 Mitsubishi Galant VR, '99 Citroen Xantia 2L, '00 Citroen Xantia 3L, '05 Hyundai Tucscon, '07 Chevrolet Epica, '06 Toyota Mark X, '07 Toyota Crown, '10 MB E300 (current)

âI also part-own a race-prepped Proton Satria Neo based in Bolehland.

Dream Car(s): To have a garage of 4 cars, and being able to choose which car to drive for the day.

You owned quite a number of Citroën cars.

Are they really good?

• Praise 1

'84 Citroen BX, '86 Citroen BX, '91 Fiat Tempra, '89 Lancia Thema Turbo,

Did you own both BX at the same time so that there's always a spare when one was in the workshop? [laugh]

The Thema Turbo was one car I was very keen on but did not come across any for sale.  Had the NA version (150 vs 205 hp).  It was a great fast comfortable car.

• Praise 2

You owned quite a number of Citroën cars.

Are they really good?

For the older Citroens its an acquired taste. Its the hydropneumatic suspension's ride comfort that I was addicted to in those days. The armchair comfy-ness of the seats. The feel of the steering and brakes were also unique.

My knees went weak 1.5 years ago when I came across a nice C6 for sale. I saw the car and was intending to lowball the dealer after the weekend, but someone was quicker than me.

Maintaining them was another story, though  [shocked] 

Today's Citroens have lost all that character, and are merely Peugeot clones. 

Did you own both BX at the same time so that there's always a spare when one was in the workshop? [laugh]

The Thema Turbo was one car I was very keen on but did not come across any for sale.  Had the NA version (150 vs 205 hp).  It was a great fast comfortable car.

The '84 BX had no power steering, so I bought another one with PS. And yes, for a few months I owned 2 of them  [nod] 

I traversed West Malaysia for work over a 2 year period in my Thema Turbo 16v, and was the king of the NSHW..haha!

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 2

Mitsubishi Galant VR was very muscular looking I remember back then with looks of a beemer ; I think it was 2L right ?? Could not afford a 2L car back then; settled for a Honda Civic somehow ; Wow ! so many cars you have ; Welcome  ........ and got free time PM so I can come join in your waste collection jaunts  [laugh]  

Edited by BanCoe

Mitsubishi Galant VR was very muscular looking I remember back then with looks of a beemer ; I think it was 2L right ?? Could not afford a 2L car back then; settled for a Honda Civic somehow ; Wow ! so many cars you have ; Welcome   

The 2L Galant in those days had a tuneful V6 with a nice exos sound, but has a bad reputation for its woeful gearbox reliability. Mine up lorry a year after I bought it, and sold it off soon after multiple gearbox failures while driving in Malaysia.

For the older Citroens its an acquired taste. Its the hydropneumatic suspension's ride comfort that I was addicted to in those days. The armchair comfy-ness of the seats. The feel of the steering and brakes were also unique.

My knees went weak 1.5 years ago when I came across a nice C6 for sale. I saw the car and was intending to lowball the dealer after the weekend, but someone was quicker than me.

Maintaining them was another story, though [shocked]

Today's Citroens have lost all that character, and are merely Peugeot clones.

The '84 BX had no power steering, so I bought another one with PS. And yes, for a few months I owned 2 of them [nod]

I traversed West Malaysia for work over a 2 year period in my Thema Turbo 16v, and was the king of the NSHW..haha!

Citroën cars in the past are always unique till the Xantia and XM era. Their hydropneumatic suspension amazes me when they demonstrated it with a three wheel only drive on their cars.

Although the technologies of today's Citroën cars aren't that impressive anymore, their current designs are rather expressive and unique, like the DS5, C5 Aircross and C4 Cactus interior.

• Praise 1

Citroën cars in the past are always unique till the Xantia and XM era. Their hydropneumatic suspension amazes me when they demonstrated it with a three wheel only drive on their cars.

Although the technologies of today's Citroën cars aren't that impressive anymore, their current designs are rather expressive and unique, like the DS5, C5 Aircross and C4 Cactus interior.

The last of what I consider as the "true" Citroens was the C6. Even the C5, with its Hydractive III suspension, didn't feel special enough to me.

Yes although I agree with you that their interior/styling stands out, I feel that its merely window dressing. The DS5 for example, besides its unique styling, rides and handles poorly and its not even comfortable. 

i guess it was still under warranty right??  I saw many on the roads;  I liked the front lights part very much ... luckily I did not buy it

The 2L Galant in those days had a tuneful V6 with a nice exos sound, but has a bad reputation for its woeful gearbox reliability. Mine up lorry a year after I bought it, and sold it off soon after multiple gearbox failures while driving in Malaysia.

i guess it was still under warranty right??  I saw many on the roads;  I liked the front lights part very much ... luckily I did not buy it

It was a 3+ year old car when I bought it, so no warranty.

I don't often buy new, cos my backside itch very often, and once it starts itching I can't stop scratching till I changed car. If I bought new cars all the time, I guess I would have bled to death from the initial depreciation.  [laugh] 

Actually to be frank my neighbour bought the Galant VR; In fact he used it all the way till 10+5 years ; He never did tell me he had issues with its gearbox; Also he bought it cheap during the Mitsubishi crisis (I can't remember what it was all about) but there was a major issue facing the company some time back..... and sales dipped and also no new models came in except the same old Lancers     

It was a 3+ year old car when I bought it, so no warranty.

I don't often buy new, cos my backside itch very often, and once it starts itching I can't stop scratching till I changed car. If I bought new cars all the time, I guess I would have bled to death from the initial depreciation.  [laugh] 

• Praise 2

Very impressive list of cars owned. Too bad Lancia is no longer producing car in RHD, else would be nice to try one for myself since many are signing praise of it. So which is your all time favorite among them? And your ultimate dream car is (as of current)?

Also, can you share more about your amateur racing experience and why a Satria Neo instead of other default choice, say Civic or Rex?

• Praise 8

Very impressive list of cars owned. Too bad Lancia is no longer producing car in RHD, else would be nice to try one for myself since many are signing praise of it. So which is your all time favorite among them? And your ultimate dream car is (as of current)?

Also, can you share more about your amateur racing experience and why a Satria Neo instead of other default choice, say Civic or Rex?

Sounds like an interview  [laugh] 

Not so impressive lah, cos many of them were old cars with few years of life left. 

Lancias had a long and interesting history before being acquired by Fiat. The heritage is largely gone, with Lancias nothing more than upmarket Fiats. As you already know, the Thema is part of the Type 4 platform sharing with the Fiat Croma, Alfa 164 and Saab 9000. Today, they only make a re-skin version of the Fiat 500 called Ypsilon which sells mainly in Italy.

Favourite? There isn't a clear one. Good ones were the Thema, Xantia 3L (when its not broken down!), Epica (it was such a relief after the Tucson), Mark X and Crown (most complete). I am always thinking about my next car, and at the moment it points to a hybrid Lexus. it might be a different target tomorrow morning! I don't have a particular dream car.

Racing - Besides the adrenalin, I love the experience and the sense of achievement when you manage to string together all the corners well, and setting good lap times. The same corner can be taken in a number of ways in terms of braking points, steering, entry speed, throttle application and cornering lines, and the trick is finding out how to do it the fastest way.

My racing mates and I campaign the annual Sepang 1000km Endurance Race, and the regs call for a 1.6L NA car with manual gearbox. Model choices are Corolla, Swift, City, Fit and other Protons such as the Preve, Suprima and Iriz. The Satria Neo has been a successful racer in the past and is the cheapest and has the most readily available parts and components.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 2

Sounds like an interview  [laugh] 

Not so impressive lah, cos many of them were old cars with few years of life left. 

Lancias had a long and interesting history before being acquired by Fiat. The heritage is largely gone, with Lancias nothing more than upmarket Fiats. As you already know, the Thema is part of the Type 4 platform sharing with the Fiat Croma, Alfa 164 and Saab 9000. Today, they only make a re-skin version of the Fiat 500 called Ypsilon which sells mainly in Italy.

Favourite? There isn't a clear one. Good ones were the Thema, Xantia 3L (when its not broken down!), Epica (it was such a relief after the Tucson), Mark X and Crown (most complete). I am always thinking about my next car, and at the moment it points to a hybrid Lexus. it might be a different target tomorrow morning! I don't have a particular dream car.

Racing - Besides the adrenalin, I love the experience and the sense of achievement when you manage to string together all the corners well, and setting good lap times. The same corner can be taken in a number of ways in terms of braking points, steering, entry speed, throttle application and cornering lines, and the trick is finding out how to do it the fastest way.

My racing mates and I campaign the annual Sepang 1000km Endurance Race, and the regs call for a 1.6L NA car with manual gearbox. Model choices are Corolla, Swift, City, Fit and other Protons such as the Preve, Suprima and Iriz. The Satria Neo has been a successful racer in the past and is the cheapest and has the most readily available parts and components.

boss, anywhere nearby where we can learn how to do racing legally? other than Sepang. 

boss, anywhere nearby where we can learn how to do racing legally? other than Sepang. 

Walau dun call me boss lah... [smash] 

There used to be Pasir Gudang but its closed now. Gotta wait for it to be resurrected or wait for the other new circuit to be up in Iskandar.

Alternatively, buy a game console, steering wheel and pedal set, and a good racing sim. Don't laugh. Its realistic and good for training race craft. I play quite a fair bit on PS3/GT6.

Picture of my friend's set up. 

post-2139-0-89548100-1519709875_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toeknee_33
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4