Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

Extremeoh
  • Extremeoh
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear all,

Can I have your comment on the above product? Does it mean that you can use on your car without water? 

https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B001PSN2LA

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I think this one is like a quick detailer, use in-between full washes for touch up. 

What is it you want to achieve?

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

Extremeoh
  • Extremeoh
    Clutched
    Author Image

I think this one is like a quick detailer, use in-between full washes for touch up. 

What is it you want to achieve?

To have a quick clean before a full wash. The concern I have here is will such a product really lift the dirt from the car and wash/wipe off easily? Will the process scratch the car because of the dirt?

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

To have a quick clean before a full wash. The concern I have here is will such a product really lift the dirt from the car and wash/wipe off easily? Will the process scratch the car because of the dirt?

Eh... I walked the same path before.  [laugh]

Armor All I have no experience, I don't seem to be able to find the product you mentioned on their website.

I suggest you look at brands which have more information on the internet and many others have used before. 

I use Optimum Quick Instant Detailer and Optimum Opti-Clean.

I don't really clean an entire panel but more for spot or small area cleaning.

I think the right microfiber  is important as I tried Opti-Clean with the microfiber I used for apply quick wax,  it left behind streaks.

It should be my skill problem.  [laugh]

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

Extremeoh
  • Extremeoh
    Clutched
    Author Image

Eh... I walked the same path before.  [laugh]

Armor All I have no experience, I don't seem to be able to find the product you mentioned on their website.

I suggest you look at brands which have more information on the internet and many others have used before. 

I use Optimum Quick Instant Detailer and Optimum Opti-Clean.

I don't really clean an entire panel but more for spot or small area cleaning.

I think the right microfiber  is important as I tried Opti-Clean with the microfiber I used for apply quick wax,  it left behind streaks.

It should be my skill problem.  [laugh]

Does it really lift dirt? Beside streaks, any fine scratches on the spot that you cleaned?

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Does it really lift dirt? Beside streaks, any fine scratches on the spot that you cleaned?

Yes,  removing dirty is a mechanical action.   When I tried, no observable fine scratches.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Extremeoh
  • Extremeoh
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yes,  removing dirty is a mechanical action.   When I tried, no observable fine scratches.

Thanks, will try it. 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This looks to be a wash+wax product. Would be advisable to use only on the car body, and avoid applying it onto your windscreen as it might cause the wipers to judder.

With visible (chunky) bits of dirt stuck on the car body, I always spray water generously to wash off all the dirt before i apply soap and rub the car body. Am looking at investing in a portable handspray to try and do "snow-wash" on my own. That way it minimises the friction onto my car body (which might sometimes cause scratches).

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This looks to be a wash+wax product. Would be advisable to use only on the car body, and avoid applying it onto your windscreen as it might cause the wipers to judder.

With visible (chunky) bits of dirt stuck on the car body, I always spray water generously to wash off all the dirt before i apply soap and rub the car body. Am looking at investing in a portable handspray to try and do "snow-wash" on my own. That way it minimises the friction onto my car body (which might sometimes cause scratches).

It is difficult to generate foam using a hand sprayer. 

Previously what I did was sprayer in one hand, the other hand the wash mitt or brush. 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It is difficult to generate foam using a hand sprayer. 

Previously what I did was sprayer in one hand, the other hand the wash mitt or brush. 

Am planning to use this. Have not been able to try it out yet as the snow wash soap is still being shipped. 

31sT4gD0jIL.jpg

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Am planning to use this. Have not been able to try it out yet as the snow wash soap is still being shipped. 

31sT4gD0jIL.jpg

Is that a foam sprayer or normal sprayer?  Can't make out the words in the pic.  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Is that a foam sprayer or normal sprayer?  Can't make out the words in the pic.  

Normal 2 gallon garden sprayer. ordered it online.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Normal 2 gallon garden sprayer. ordered it online.

It will be difficult to generate foam.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ax_co  |  Neutral Newbie

Great Product

The detailer is more viscous than I thought it would be, however it is a considerably good investment. It provides a reflective finish and improves the shine of my paintwork. The beading effect is very impressive, it repels dirt from splashes... » Read More

Chemical Guys Celeste Dettaglio V2

Chemical Guys Celeste Dettaglio V2  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Buttcraft  |  Neutral Newbie

Lasting, nice and wet looking shine.

This product is definitely the one for a lasting shine and wet look which I cannot deny. It is really durable compare with the others I have used. I really love the shine and the difference is really obvious. Just a quick shampoo, clay bar th... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Wax

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw, bmwdetailing, polishing, wax and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users