Can URA Towed Clamped Vehicle?

Little

Under what circumstances a vehicle will be towed by URA?

Anyone here came across car being clamped on 3rd fine by URA (1st two fines on the same month yet to clear)? and being towed to URA premises after fail to settle the clamp fee before officer off duty on that day at 4.20pm?

↡ Advertisement

I think can. And ur property(car)is on their property(premises). So believe they have the right to tow after warning by clamping and expect u to retrieve the car before they off duty.

• Praise 1

You wanna play with SG govt, be prepared to get a stick up your ass......

Don't like to pay fine, then either you dun do funny stuff... or dun drive.

• Praise 2

URA want you go car lite..... but what is your 1st 2 fines for ?? I'm sure depends on them (fines severity ) too...... if it was just coupon parking never put or overdue coupon.... doubt so.....must be something bigger "thing" than this type of petty ones   

• Praise 2

Machiam the US reality series Parking Wars like that...

Over there their city council officers drive around the neighbourhood to use onboard scanning device to check on the VRNs of offending vehicles which have outstanding parking summons. And once spotted they will proceed to clamp the wheels & even when irate drivers threatened/screamed at them (in one episode a handgun was pulled) they will not bulge. The drivers have to kuay kuay head to the council office to pay the fines (can be in hundreds or even thousands!!!!) in order to get their vehicles unclamped.

Maybe URA is trying out this?

First 2 fines are not displaying parking coupons.

The notice of clamping vehicle stated the vehicle has been clamped and immobilised BUT not towed.    

First 2 fines are not displaying parking coupons.

The notice of clamping vehicle stated the vehicle has been clamped and immobilised BUT not towed.    

Didnt display parking coupon will get tow?

where did you park?

Or is it you have a long list of unpaid fine?

Didnt display parking coupon will get tow?

where did you park?

Or is it you have a long list of unpaid fine?

In parking lot and not long list, 2 unpaid fines.

I might be wrong cos it was a long time ago that I got my last parking summons. But it's something like failing to display a valid parking ticket can result in a fine of a few hundred dollars but they offer to compound the fine to $30 if payment is made within 7 days. It's actually written in the ticket itself.

Something like that. So I always pay up on time. Not sure what happens when you actually exceed the 7 days and still never pay and still get a second ticket.

you parked in an unauthorised lot and then went on long holiday or overseas? Otherwise, hard to get 2 unpaid fines within that month without you noticing. Maybe you can try to explain the situation and maybe they can unclamp for you or at least discounted rate or something?

↡ Advertisement