Singapore Reckless Driver Part V

RadX

This morning rained, drizzle, heavy, drizzle, heavy, and kept repeating...

Took a different route sending girl to school. There was a white Altis just in front of me (on Siglap Rd) waiting behind a mid-sized lorry (those with a freezer at the back) at a traffic light waiting to turn right into Marine Parade Rd.

Initially only one lane (on a 2-lane rd) is turning lane, but nearer the traffic light, spread out into 2 turning lanes. The lorry, rightfully, kept on the left of the 2 turning lanes, and the Altis initially was following right behind, but belatedly decided to turn out to go on the right of the 2 turning lanes.

Altis' front and front door cleared the lorry, but it was too close to the lorry, or the Altis just didn't steer right sufficiently (or steered back too early fearing he'll hit the kerb on the right)... And the left rear back door hit the rear right corner of the lorry...

The Altis had accelerated when turning out, and probably didn't immediately realised the impact in the rain and continued moving forward a good 10-20 m, and only stopped when it reached the traffic light...

And guess what, the whole rear left door of the Altis was ripped off from the car, and it became a piece of crumpled metal on the ground, 

I was honking at the Altis to alert it. 

Girl is having exams today and i couldn't stop to assist (sorry to them), and manoeuvred my way through the lorry and the Altis - that's when i saw the rear left door area was ... empty.

Everyone, pls ensure that you turn out sufficiently wide to ensure your car has cleared the sides, be it wall, kerb or other vehicles. 

In this case, the soft Altis door was no match for the solid metal (sharp corner some more) of the lorry. 

If all our car doors are like this... i think safety ratings all adjust downwards  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Atrecord
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

People earning a living you call them losers.

Actually I am correct its illegal for lorries to use the right lane.

These are the people that are transporting the food you eat and things you buy.

Losers huh?

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2

Wow got video? Must be quite a sight to see the door coming off

It was drizzling and just becoming mid-heavy at that moment, and my wiper was going at interval (since was drizzling and vehicle was crawling/waiting), so when it just happened, i actually didn't realise it was the whole door...

I tot it was only the rear fender/bumper, esp as the whole thing (due to contact with the lorry corner and ripped/scrapped off...) was mangled to a heap on the road. Completely didn't look like a door...

Only when i went past the Altis, saw the car got only 3 doors (literally), then gathered it was the door on the road.

Got photos:

post-17508-0-54694000-1507602803.png

See the mangled piece on the road? It didn't look like the door at all...

post-17508-0-08705500-1507602795_thumb.png

Then saw the Altis door missing...

At that moment, didn't notice whether the Altis back row got passenger or not... I sincerely hope not. It would be a huge shock, even if got no injury...

• Praise 5

i think a 4 year old girl die in a car accident this morning.

she was with a helper i believe.

after watching so many kids with close shave.

1 didnt escape today .

haiz

Had the misfortune of being a victim of a hit and run case.

Realized that my front and rear cams are not sufficient, so planning to upgrade my car to have a 360 degree view of the surroundings.

Any one who can help?

Yest and tdy kena 2 siao kia tailgate me for no reason.

Yest: Ikea TPE towards KPE and into KPE tunnel

One black vezel was coming up fast on outer bend from TPE into KPE, i was in inner lane, so i cruise behind car in front of me and merged into single filter lane into KPE. no dramas, u faster u merge faster.

Vezel filter on to KPE first lane briskly and cruised into tunne with a line of cars ahead. I also filtered into lane 1 and cruising along behind vezel.

Than everyone in front of vezel slowed down to 70+ for first cam, I saw opening in lane 2 and 3 and filtered briskly across 2 to 3 and back into first successfully undertaking the line of cars than slowed for the cam.

Than the vezel out of the blue came up and wan to kiss me all the way to the 3 cam which was after PIE. I was cruising along another line of cars ahead of me without any opportunity to undertake them and cruised along at abt 80.

Wife was like, eh, wtf, he tailgate me for wat?

---------------------------

Tdy: One white outlander was taking the bend from KPE to TPE towards Ikea. He took the inner lane and filtered out in front of another car and briskly accelerated to get into lane 1 on TPE.

I was behind the car he filtered, the car in front slowly filtered out to lane 3 of TPE.

I saw lane 4 empty and briskly took the lane and briskly took 3 to 2 and 1 which was clear due to lines of car in those lane cruising. I briskly took lane 1 and matched up to the vehicle speed with was occupied due to cruising cars at abt 95.

The outlander duno tio sort or wat, suddenly appeared and was trying to kiss me all the way, also tried to filter left and undertake me but was unsuccessful due to the cars in front of me. he continued until i exit Dr 8. I kept left after i exit because i wanted to make a left turn shortly and kept my left signal on the whole time. He continued to wan to kiss me and even flash me when i took my left turn.

wife said the same thing as yest.

[hur]

mine was the most wtf case. i was taking it easy on the expressway left-most lane with light traffic... i repeat... left-most lane hor. kum gong audi came out of nowhere to tailgate me for a distance getting closer and closer until i can see the kum gong kia's nose hair.

not in my best mood that day, i thought it was my duty to remind him that i prefer to keep a distance from him and made my escape. after he finally caught up beside me at the exit traffic light, his puffed up face looked like he was on the brink of a heart attack. i blew him a final goodbye kiss with my thick luscious lips before we parted ways.

When luck is down, shit really come to you for no reason.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1

Took a different route sending girl to school. There was a white Altis just in front of me (on Siglap Rd) waiting behind a mid-sized lorry (those with a freezer at the back) at a traffic light waiting to turn right into Marine Parade Rd.

Initially only one lane (on a 2-lane rd) is turning lane, but nearer the traffic light, spread out into 2 turning lanes. The lorry, rightfully, kept on the left of the 2 turning lanes, and the Altis initially was following right behind, but belatedly decided to turn out to go on the right of the 2 turning lanes.

Altis' front and front door cleared the lorry, but it was too close to the lorry, or the Altis just didn't steer right sufficiently (or steered back too early fearing he'll hit the kerb on the right)... And the left rear back door hit the rear right corner of the lorry...

The Altis had accelerated when turning out, and probably didn't immediately realised the impact in the rain and continued moving forward a good 10-20 m, and only stopped when it reached the traffic light...

And guess what, the whole rear left door of the Altis was ripped off from the car, and it became a piece of crumpled metal on the ground, 

Girl is having exams today and i couldn't stop to assist (sorry to them), and manoeuvred my way through the lorry and the Altis - that's when i saw the rear left door area was ... empty.

Everyone, pls ensure that you turn out sufficiently wide to ensure your car has cleared the sides, be it wall, kerb or other vehicles. 

In this case, the soft Altis door was no match for the solid metal (sharp corner some more) of the lorry. 

If all our car doors are like this... i think safety ratings all adjust downwards  [sweatdrop]

ah no  wonder i saw the huge build up of traffic at siglap road to marine parade. went by east coast road instead.

Looks like a door change and bumper fix for the altis..

I think the piece (is it called rear fender) between the door and the tail of the car will also be scratched badly even if it's still intact...

[sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Why leh? Just keep good distance.

Nowadays hor...keeping good distance on lane 1 will kena blame for road hogging da :D In results u'll hv another car tailgating u from behind :secret-laugh:

Turbocharged

Even in the rain, how do you not notice your door is off? Losing an entire door would wreck the entire audio environment inside the vehicle; all the noise of the rain would be even louder, even if you hadn't noticed the sickening noise of the door coming out. 

[jawdrop]

• Praise 4

It was drizzling and just becoming mid-heavy at that moment, and my wiper was going at interval (since was drizzling and vehicle was crawling/waiting), so when it just happened, i actually didn't realise it was the whole door...

I tot it was only the rear fender/bumper, esp as the whole thing (due to contact with the lorry corner and ripped/scrapped off...) was mangled to a heap on the road. Completely didn't look like a door...

Only when i went past the Altis, saw the car got only 3 doors (literally), then gathered it was the door on the road.

Got photos:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.24.42 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.25.48 AM.png

At that moment, didn't notice whether the Altis back row got passenger or not... I sincerely hope not. It would be a huge shock, even if got no injury...

Aiyo!

i think a 4 year old girl die in a car accident this morning.

she was with a helper i believe.

after watching so many kids with close shave.

1 didnt escape today .

haiz

Ya.  I read this news too.  It is so sad.  She's too young.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/4-year-old-girl-killed-in-fatal-accident-in-bukit-batok-driver-9294258

• Praise 1

Got photos:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.24.42 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.25.48 AM.png

The door crumpled so easily like a sheet of paper, really makes you wonder how safe it'll keep you in a direct collision.

I just wish that drivers can be more patient when gradually splitting to two changing lanes. Sometimes the clearance is too small, but still want to squeeze through at the risk of damaging other's and your own cars.   

• Praise 3

jap tin cans are real hor

:D

Japan-Wide Scandal Erupts Over Steel Company's Falsified Data By 
Masumi Suga
 and 
Chikako Mogi
October 10, 2017, 8:19 AM GMT+8  October 10, 2017, 11:38 AM GMT+8
  • Kobe Steel says it faked data on strength of some products
  • Toyota Motor says materials in question used in some vehicles

Kobe Steel Ltd. unleashed an industrial scandal that reverberated across Asia’s second-largest economy after saying it falsified data related to strength and durability of some aluminum and copper products used in aircraft, cars and maybe even a space rocket.

The company’s stock was untraded in Tokyo, poised to slump by the daily limit, as customers including Toyota Motor Corp., Honda Motor Co. and Subaru Corp. said they had used materials from Kobe Steel that were subject to falsification. Boeing Co., which gets some parts from Subaru, said there’s nothing to date that raises any safety concerns.

400x-1.jpg

View of Kobe Steel Ltd. in Hyogo prefecture.

Photographer: JTB Photo/UIG via Getty Images

Kobe Steel’s admission raises fresh concern about the integrity of Japanese manufacturers, and follows Takata Corp. misleading automakers about the safety of its air bags, and last week’s recall by Nissan Motor Co. of cars after regulators discovered unauthorized inspectors approved vehicle quality. Kobe Steel said on Sunday the products were delivered to more than 200 companies but didn’t disclose customer names, with the falsification intended to make the metals look as if they met client quality standards. Chief Executive Officer Hiroya Kawasaki is now leading a committee to probe quality issues.

Toyota said it has found Kobe Steel materials, for which the supplier falsified data, in hoods, doors and peripheral areas. “We are rapidly working to identify which vehicle models might be subject to this situation and what components were used,” Toyota spokesman Takashi Ogawa said. “We recognize that this breach of compliance principles on the part of a supplier is a grave issue.”

800x-1.png

Kobe Steel said it discovered the falsification in inspections on products shipped from September 2016 to August 2017, adding there haven’t been any reports of safety issues. The products account for 4 percent of shipments of aluminum and copper parts as well as castings and forgings.

“The incident is serious,” Takeshi Irisawa, an analyst at Tachibana Securities Co., said in an interview. “At the moment, the impact is unclear but if this leads to recalls, the cost would be huge. There’s a possibility that the company would have to shoulder the cost of a recall in addition to the cost for replacement.”

To see the responses from some of Kobe Steel’s clients, click here

Subaru has produced training planes for Japan Self-Defense Forces and wings for Boeing jets such as the Boeing Dreamliner, according to a spokesman, who added the company was checking which planes and parts used affected aluminum. “Nothing in our review to date leads us to conclude that this issue presents a safety concern, and we will continue to work diligently with our suppliers to complete our investigation,” Boeing said in a separate statement.

Honda said it used falsified material from Kobe Steel in car doors and hoods while Mazda Motor Corp. confirmed it uses aluminum from the company. Suzuki Motor Corp. and Mitsubishi Motors Corp. all said they are checking whether their vehicles are affected.

Rocket, Jet

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. spokesman Genki Ono said Kobe Steel aluminum was used in the MRJ regional jet as well as the H-IIA rocket, which was launched by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency on Tuesday for a satellite. “We perceive that there was no problem as the rocket launch was a success,” he said. “Checks are under way, but at this point no large effects have been found in the manufacture of the rocket or MRJ.”

Kobe Steel CEO Kawasaki has run the company since 2013, and has recently overseen moves to expand its presence in aluminum. Earlier this year, the company said it was spending $500 million to boost output of the lightweight metal, including buying a half-stake in a plant in South Korea. Kobe Steel’s aluminum and copper operations account for about 20 percent of total sales, according to data for the quarter ended June 30.

“Aluminum is a strategic business for Kobe Steel,” said Irisawa at Tachibana Securities. “If the aluminum business doesn’t work out well, I question where the company can make money,” given the mainstay steel business remains one of low profitability, he said.

Another Scandal

This latest scandal threatens to further undermine confidence in the quality of Japanese manufacturing. Shinko Wire Co., a Kobe Steel affiliate, in June 2016 said a unit had misstated data on tensile strength of stainless steel wires for springs and that it had supplied customers with alloy that failed to meet Japanese industrial standards.

In other recent Japanese product-related cases, Takata pleaded guilty in the U.S. in February to one count of wire fraud for misleading automakers about the safety of its exploding air bags. Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. officials were referred to prosecutors in March following the company’s 2015 admission that it had falsified data on rubber for earthquake-proofing buildings. Nissan last week recalled more than 1 million cars in Japan.

— With assistance by Kevin Buckland, Nao Sano, and Kiyotaka Matsuda

• Praise 6

No wonder when the paint of my Vios came off, I could see

'It's marvelous what MILO can do for you'...  :grin:

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4