Bodybuilding champ Pradip Subramanian dies after Muay Thai match with Steven Lim: AFC

Ysc3

wow didn't even know of this joke fight until now.

one for the 'sudden death from cardiac arrest' thread.

don't play play when you hit 40. Its downhill from there.

he was only 32 [sweatdrop]

The organisers should have cancelled the match when sylvester pulled out, this is an amateur match and given such a short notice, he wouldnt be prepared for the match

Furthermore, this is his first muay thai match

Sad that all these silly celebrity matches while churning $$$ for some people have cost a young life this time round

Edit duplicate post

Edited by Pinobii
  • Praise 3

Saw the video of the fight. In the beginning, Pradip was winning and landing more punches on Steven Lim. But later in the match, can see Pradip had lost his stamina, and Steven Lim throwing back more punches.

When the MC announced Steven as the Winner, can see that something not right with Pradip..

• Praise 2

Just this week rio Ferninand announced he turned pro boxing and other pro boxers were saying this is not a game and he could get himself killed and this is dangerous stuff,

• Praise 2

I don't belief that Buangkok Villa got no more bed space to spare...... :ninja:

Can they just squeeze one bed for him, any ward will do ...  :yuush:

Make him a director there and I am sure he can produce better films than Jack!

• Praise 2

If i sit behind 4 girls after a fight and watching those fair and smooth skins and hmm...hmmm up close i will also kana heart attack sia! RIP........must remind ourselves to keep fit before straining ourselves. This kind of fight eventhough short with intervals is nonetheless tiring.

oh really? must have misread some other reports....

i tried cardio kickboxing, punching nothing but air, and after a minute my legs felt like lead and my heartbeat must've been > 180..

so for a big guy with big muscles and no cardio training to have that kind of heart rate, + adrenaline from fighting an actual person, dodging and taking hits, crowd chanting etc etc.... sad to say asking for it....

• Praise 4

32 only but how come so much silver hair in his pix??  Maybe overstress from body building??

Not necessary Body builders are flexible like Yoga/pilates  people or Muay Thai which requires you to be like a rubber band   

oh really? must have misread some other reports....

i tried cardio kickboxing, punching nothing but air, and after a minute my legs felt like lead and my heartbeat must've been > 180..

so for a big guy with big muscles and no cardio training to have that kind of heart rate, + adrenaline from fighting an actual person, dodging and taking hits, crowd chanting etc etc.... sad to say asking for it....

i ever did tkd free full-contact sparring. The 1st 3 minutes.....was like full-blast....2nd 3 minutes was like okay okay......last 3 cant even hold my hands up to the 'on-guard' position.......really tiring and heart rate was very fast! Those were the times when i was very fit.......now i wont even think once....no need to think....i admit defeat.
  • Praise 1

What does it mean by "Celebrity Fight"?

Steven Lim looks so unfit and from the video, he is basically brawling rather than muay thai. Not even amateur level. 

Pradip does look like in better form but those are not muay thai kicks.... Half hearted kicks and punches. Maybe he is holding back from landing serious blows on the obvious clown to prevent from killing him.

Pradip is a bodybuilder, his cardiovascular fitness is a big question. Muay thai/boxing physical requirement is very different from bodybuilder's.

Like commonly said, looks good not nice to eat. I shall refrain from speculation on any exogenous substance consumption popular with body builders to achieve certain muscle growth. Those stuff have been shown to weaken the heart and many other side effects if taken long term.

The fight should not have taken place. I blame the organizers for being unprofessional and making a mockery of the sport. 

RIP Pradip

• Praise 9

The organizer is guilty for running such a boxing match. According to the news, Pradip had no training and least to say fit for such robust and dangerous sport. Doubt there was even medical examinations for fitness prior to the match. Inquiries should be made into the holding of such match. RIP

• Praise 4

What does it mean by "Celebrity Fight"?

Steven Lim looks so unfit and from the video, he is basically brawling rather than muay thai. Not even amateur level. 

Pradip does look like in better form but those are not muay thai kicks.... Half hearted kicks and punches. Maybe he is holding back from landing serious blows on the obvious clown to prevent from killing him.

Pradip is a bodybuilder, his cardiovascular fitness is a big question. Muay thai/boxing physical requirement is very different from bodybuilder's.

Like commonly said, looks good not nice to eat. I shall refrain from speculation on any exogenous substance consumption popular with body builders to achieve certain muscle growth. Those stuff have been shown to weaken the heart and many other side effects if taken long term.

The fight should not have taken place. I blame the organizers for being unprofessional and making a mockery of the sport. 

RIP Pradip

in short size don't count;  

↡ Advertisement