Bodybuilding champ Pradip Subramanian dies after Muay Thai match with Steven Lim: AFC

Ysc3

It an unfortunate event. There are both adult an agreed to the fight. People fight at club over drink and girls, I don't see people telling them very dangerous cause they are not train to fight, their heart cannot take it.

I'm not implying the fighters deserve it. The organizer could have done a better job. End of the day its a tragic, hope everyone can learn from this unfortunate event. RIP

Poor guy. Wonder what was the cause of death. Unrecognized brain bleed? Cardiac arrest? Pulmonary embolism?

Fighting is dangerous stuff. Remember the recent video. One guy who kicked the guys head once and the guy went into seizure.

My school friend who was punched once in a rugby match suffered glaucoma in that eye after that. That's one punch by a totally untrained dickhead and permanent damage was done.

People who fight for a living have always come from underprivileged backgrounds. Cos for them money is really to transform their lives.

The movie "million dollar baby" is something that resonated with me as well.

It an unfortunate event. There are both adult an agreed to the fight. People fight at club over drink and girls, I don't see people telling them very dangerous cause they are not train to fight, their heart cannot take it.

I'm not implying the fighters deserve it. The organizer could have done a better job. End of the day its a tragic, hope everyone can learn from this unfortunate event. RIP

No point blaming organiser, the decreased or even Steven.

A life lost and family suffered. They are the one need condolences and supports.

Take it as reminder everyone here. All Sport is good for body health but also fatal if we arent well prepared.

We heard of so many tragic incidents in sports lately.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

32 only but how come so much silver hair in his pix??  Maybe overstress from body building??

Not necessary Body builders are flexible like Yoga/pilates  people or Muay Thai which requires you to be like a rubber band   

I think it depends on the genes? I had a poly classmate whose hair was turning grey before he was 20.

• Praise 1

No point blaming organiser, the decreased or even Steven.

A life lost and family suffered. They are the one need condolences and supports.

Take it as reminder everyone here. All Sport is good for body health but also fatal if we arent well prepared.

We heard of so many tragic incidents in sports lately.

you mean the deceased right...

i agree with the rest of your post though  [thumbsup]

interesting fact:

when boxing first started, it was bare knuckles.

No one ever died from it. Reason being punches were localised and would break jaws, noses or eyesockets and would stop prematurely. Also whenever the punch was too hard, the puncher's wrist would also fracture.

Boxers started dying only after gloves were used. 

sauce: http://www.neatorama.com/2010/07/04/bare-knuckle-boxing-is-actually-safer-than-using-gloves/

• Praise 6

Boxing or any martial arts, must train for muscle stamina and strength. Different from body building which I think are more on volume, less on strength and stamina.

yes.....some people confused! The leaner guy is usually have better stamina than the muscled filled guy.

In general people that hit the gym might turn to steroid and uunknowingly went way over the limit of their body could ever take.

It's very dangerous.

RIP,.......

• Praise 1

From the video, quite obvious, Pradip ran out of stamina from 2nd round ownwards. And Steven Lim can really take alot of punches and still keep on going.