• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 100 praises

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

Battledome64
  • Premium member
    Battledome64
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys I notice something

In the overseas forums like USA U.K. And EU a lot of them boast about their super cars and their high life

But when I throw a fun challenge ( just for the sake of fun) to them to buy a similar model in Singapore they turn quiet and try to change topic. I mean if they are brave to take up the challenge they should try buying the same luxury model and accept the challenge

Eg Bentley bentayaga forums
Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Many People around the World are shocked to hear our "Crazy" Car Prices.. [bigcry]  [furious]

Picnic06-Biante15 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Many People around the World are shocked to hear our "Crazy" Car Prices.. [bigcry]  [furious]

Just the value of our 'piece' of paper can buy a Jaguar elsewhere ... :pissed-off:

Tianmo praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

At least y'all have a car to get around. Imagine ppl taking trains who are at the mercy of train "delays".

Count-Bracula praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Don't make sense as standard of living is different. Cars are proportionally more ex here.

When I watch videos of those high end cars and thr reviewer is saying it cost almost 90k, I laugh because my crappy b&b car costs that much and that 90k car is dirt cheap to me.
Count-Bracula praised this

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

We can proudly say in any car forums other than MyCarForum that The "average" Singaporean car owners drive Ferrari or better and most of them pay in full cash!  [:p]

Picnic06-Biante15, Xers007 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi guys I notice something

In the overseas forums like USA U.K. And EU a lot of them boast about their super cars and their high life

But when I throw a fun challenge ( just for the sake of fun) to them to buy a similar model in Singapore they turn quiet and try to change topic. I mean if they are brave to take up the challenge they should try buying the same luxury model and accept the challenge

Eg Bentley bentayaga forums

Maybe they are thinking... "are you crazy ask me spend money in a small island 45km east to west and 23km north to south buy a Super car????? Drive to where? Sorry dude but I can't answer this not so intelligent question with out sounding insulting" 🤣

Joking only ah bro..

I think they are thinking where the F is Singapore???
Is it part of China or Indonesia
Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't make sense as standard of living is different. Cars are proportionally more ex here.

When I watch videos of those high end cars and thr reviewer is saying it cost almost 90k, I laugh because my crappy b&b car costs that much and that 90k car is dirt cheap to me.

everything is proportionally expensive here...😂😂😂
Aaronlkl praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the trend I see in overseas forum especially USA owners are they like to boast about their "fully loaded" car models. That means all options available from the manufacturer are ticked. With their "fully loaded" cars, they tend to talk down to others especially when it comes to car modifications post sale.

For goodness sake, for price of a bare minimum AD GLC250 in Singapore, I can buy 2 "fully loaded" GLC 43 AMG in USA with spare for a 3rd B&B car.

:D

Aaronlkl praised this
#notmypresident

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

the trend I see in overseas forum especially USA owners are they like to boast about their "fully loaded" car models. That means all options available from the manufacturer are ticked. With their "fully loaded" cars, they tend to talk down to others especially when it comes to car modifications post sale.

For goodness sake, for price of a bare minimum AD GLC250 in Singapore, I can buy 2 "fully loaded" GLC 43 AMG in USA with spare for a 3rd B&B car.

:D

That's why we cannot compare with overseas... they have 10k cars and 100k landed properties, but that also means their incomes are lower.

Bring a middle class Singaporean's income over, he can buy the entire street of landed properties, with a car each.

Edited by flashbang, 26 September 2017 - 11:58 PM.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Aiya, what other country got 100% tax (ARF) even before the car leaves the port? Then $40-50k 'entitlement' before registration?

How to compare?

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wool comes from sheep mah. 

who do you think is funding the million dollar salary of MIW?

We deserve it. I don't don't want to hear any more complaints.   :a-fun:

Benarsenal, Volvobrick, Sunny and Atonchia praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pointless thread ...  :darkmood:

Car is cheaper in Country X

Petrol is cheaper in Country Y 

yadda yadda ...  :we-all-gonna-die:

focus

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:16 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wool comes from sheep mah. 

who do you think is funding the million dollar salary of MIW?

We deserve it. I don't don't want to hear any more complaints.   :a-fun:

Thinking of feeding them with my money makes me want to give up owning cars here....

Hamburger and Sunny praised this

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They pay full cash?
Garage36.com

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:46 AM

NUSFSPTeam
  • NUSFSPTeam
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I cannot imagine the number of Rolls Royces/Bentleys etc on our roads if the prices were the same as that in U.K.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Singapore Altis = Malaysia BMW 320

:XD:

Sorry hor!

We are being laughed at being such a ...................

This kind of thread go overseas is a self-pawned thread.

Edited by Davidtch, 17 October 2017 - 10:26 AM.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

everything is proportionally expensive here...😂😂😂

a lot of ppl actually come here to buy home electronics ... eg TVs ...

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

a lot of ppl actually come here to buy home electronics ... eg TVs ...

I seldom go to serangoon or airport nowadays but not many tourist buy electronics stuffs like they used to. I heard currently Hong Kong is a better deal than Singapore....heard oni lar but no confirmation. I am checking out dc ceiling fans and sg stores are selling like $400-$500 but i found a johore store that sells sensa 5 for nearly RM 600. If pay gst i will still save roughly $250 a fan and i am buying 2.
Together We stand Alone

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: audi m, luxury, high end and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users