Thumbprint scans extended to car travellers at Tuas, Woodlands checkpoints

Wt_know

SG are advance in IT technologies but cannot design a wireless fingerprint scanner to pass to the driver and it passengers inside the car ... :a-whiteflag:   

:a-bang:     :a-bang:

next year, can use iPhone X.

self scan. send. authenticated. barrier open. Passport inside iPhone Wallet.

Ah Gong, ah ma, ah boy, ah girl and baby, all must carry an iPhone X. Then can go jiu hu.

[scholar]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

KNN...I normally don't say so many KNN in one post but I have to today ...and KNN.

KNN..was coming back thru Woodlands yesterday. ..KKK

KNN... And yes they are testing out this double thumb finger print crap....KNN

KNN...No wonder the 2 cars in front of mine each took about 5 mins to clearthe SG counter which normally takes less than a min...KNN

KNN..when my turn came, after all the normal cashcard n passport checks, got one lao Jiao ICA officer at the counter ask yr brudder here to put both thumbs on the finerprint reader...KNN

OK heres the biggest KNN....from the freaking driver seat, how are you going to easily turn your body 90 deg to the right, straiaghten both hands n both your thumbs on the reader without suffering internal injury...KNNBCBB !!!

and yes it took 5 mins to clear my car n causes a huge long queue! &*^%#%$#%*^^*&^(*))^&^$^&

KK|NN *(^*%%&^%&^$&^%*&^(*&^(*&(* KNN

• Praise 11

When you came back by woodlands, did you encounter one scanner just before the SG checkpoint?

It looks like one of those gantries used to scan a car for the ERP IU except the it was 3 to 4 scanners on each side of the road aiming at 1 lane.

Wonder what's that for. See whether you can find the camera footage - should be before the checkpoint so can post  :D

Dont have leh.

At SG checkpoint, I always use the leftmost lane. Share with motorbikes one. No such device there.

But exit MY checkpoint, after immigration, there was an extra gantry. No one man the gantry. It is for VEP. Stop at the gantry and it will lift the barrier after a while. Dont know what is it scanning.

• Praise 2

KNN...I normally don't say so many KNN in one post but I have to today ...and KNN.

KNN..was coming back thru Woodlands yesterday. ..KKK

KNN... And yes they are testing out this double thumb finger print crap....KNN

KNN...No wonder the 2 cars in front of mine each took about 5 mins to clearthe SG counter which normally takes less than a min...KNN

KNN..when my turn came, after all the normal cashcard n passport checks, got one lao Jiao ICA officer at the counter ask yr brudder here to put both thumbs on the finerprint reader...KNN

OK heres the biggest KNN....from the freaking driver seat, how are you going to easily turn your body 90 deg to the right, straiaghten both hands n both your thumbs on the reader without suffering internal injury...KNNBCBB !!!

and yes it took 5 mins to clear my car n causes a huge long queue! &*^%#%$#%*^^*&^(*))^&^$^&

KK|NN *(^*%%&^%&^$&^%*&^(*&^(*&(* KNN

I came back from woodlands yesterday too. Dont have any finger print scanning leh.

I am using the leftmost lane.

I came back from woodlands yesterday too. Dont have any finger print scanning leh.

Hmmmmm............. someone stole it .. [sly]

Maybe can find the scanner in Sungei Road Market ...... wait, no more leow, paper said flea market shifted to Lucky Plaza..... :XD:

me also go and came back via woodland ytd.. also left most lane and no finger print scan.

saw someone commented that he have to put thumbprint last night when going back to JB.

this morning he was driving to SG and the two cars infront of him need to do thumbprint, then when reach his turn, the officer say no need to do thumbprint. .. so it is selectively?  

motorbike got thumbprint scan bo? huat ah!

this is the "normal" flow for every work day at 5.30pm onwards

imagine bioscreen in 100% operation ... jit tong jeng !

post-7984-0-11042600-1506418373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

No point to this if ICA keeps letting in Malaysian cars with blacked-out windows. I asked once and the ICA guy said that comes under LTA. Duh!!

That is why the right and left hands do not syn together, LTA, ICA, NEA, and CIAS all have different agendas, each protecting one arses only

saw someone commented that he have to put thumbprint last night when going back to JB.

this morning he was driving to SG and the two cars infront of him need to do thumbprint, then when reach his turn, the officer say no need to do thumbprint. .. so it is selectively?

No la, ICA side only thumb screen on Malaysian Cars, bike and lorries going in/ out of Sp. In malaysian CIQ, thy started the eye-vision screening for Sinagporean o/s summons early 2 weeks back.

yes not 100% implementation yet.

I kena when exit SG via woodlands.

And I confirmed with the passport guy that the scanner is fixed in place. I guess if wireless, they would have to consider battery issues. But using a cable connection should still be feasible.          

when re-enter via woodlands, not many cars in queue but moving very slowly. I asked the customs checker (before passport) if the slow processing is due to fingerprint scan. He said not sure but earlier had to scan and caused long queue, so "now don't have" (scaled back?). Also, there were a bunch of people wearing civies standing around the area having a discussion of some sort.

as for the comments/questions abt the new gantry, it's actually at Msia customs side, not just before SG. It's positioned at the end of the customs area, just before going onto the bridge. It's intended to be linked to VEP. Apparently now it shows outstanding JPJ (not polis) summons.

KNN both sides implementing new steps and slowing down the border crossing process.

• Praise 2

one side do all they can to stop you going

one side do all they can to milk you gao gao

huat ah!!!

KNN both sides implementing new steps and slowing down the border crossing process.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

entered this morning via Woodlands never ask me to scan, but was told to scan at Tuas when coming back while my passenger no need to scan. Currently done one random basis. Morning jam was quite bad due to this. Took me about 45mins to clear the custom. 

Tuas jam like fark. Woodlands jam also not receding. Usually by this time on a tues both sides jam shorter. But i guess tuas side scanning in full scale liao.

just check chekpoint.sg

both tuas and woodlands take 1hr-ish to clear now at 8.30pm

this Fri would be interesting ... jit tong jeng !!!

Tuas jam like fark. Woodlands jam also not receding. Usually by this time on a tues both sides jam shorter. But i guess tuas side scanning in full scale liao.

Edited by Wt_know

motorbike got thumbprint scan bo? huat ah!

this is the "normal" flow for every work day at 5.30pm onwards

imagine bioscreen in 100% operation ... jit tong jeng !

Soon it will be like indonesia traffic daily liao
↡ Advertisement